D2 season 63 Topic

Recruiting done, how does everyone feel? U. Of sciences has a good team, but I feel we could be quite inconsistent. Five seniors will help get through a tough non conference schedule.
2/27/2013 8:11 AM
Stunned to see my team was ranked #1.... it's probably the kiss of death (kind of like being on the cover of Sports Illustrated pre-season).  I have a great front line and SF, but average to weak at guards --- which is probably most important.  I'll stick with my usual goal of a sweet 16.  Longwood is rebuilding so the CVAC will be wide open this year.  I haven't looked at teams closely so not sure who to rank high at this point.
2/27/2013 9:25 AM
yeah - barring a miracle, we're out of the NT picture. I like Queens, Limestone, and Pfieffer to be very strong in the CVAC west - that side of the conference will be a damn minefield. 

Bel Abbey is rebuilding too, so the East is very wide open as well. I think the east goes to Coker, with Lees-Mcrae or Erksine having a shot at the East as well. 
2/27/2013 10:59 AM
Over at the Great Lakes Valley, we have 4  new coaches, bringing our human total to 11.  The new teams are rebuilding but should be strong in a couple of seasons.
As usual, the pre-season voters don't like my Bellarmine Knights.  We return 10 players from a 26-6, Elite Eight squad. And we received no top 25 votes.
Wiscosin-Parkside also made the Elite Eight last season, lost 5 players, and is #24.
Indianapolis lost in the 2nd round, graduated 4 players, and is #12
2/27/2013 11:56 AM
For being #3 northeastern St. is definitely over rated.  Not sure what to expect with this team.  I do return a good post and guard so there is a start.  But with a couple juco's we might be all right.   Just need IQ's to get better.
2/27/2013 8:20 PM
Dominican will be terrible. 10 wins would be shocking.
2/27/2013 11:54 PM
big early season match-up as burk takes #4 Northeastern State to visit #3 U. of the Sciences of Philadelphia.   
3/1/2013 4:54 AM
Oh we like the big city there beeker.  Looking forward to the match up.  
3/1/2013 4:30 PM
Incarnate Word received our annual Belarmine Beatdown (tm) last night. This wasn't notable, as this happens every year. What was notable were victories by the other 11 Heartland teams. Heartland occupies the top 2 rankings, 3 of the top 6, and moves to 28-8 in non conference play. Is this the year they knock the mighty CVAC off the top spot?
3/3/2013 2:35 PM (edited)
Posted by davefilby on 3/3/2013 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Incarnate Word received our annual Belarmine Beatdown (tm) last night. This wasn't notable, as this happens very year. What was notable were victories by the other 11 Heartland teams. Heartland occupies the top 2 rankings, 3 of the top 6, and moves to 28-8 in non conference play. Is this the year they knock the mighty CVAC off the top spot?
While Longwood is down, Limestone, Pfieffer, and Queens could be very strong this season. The Heartland has a shot as Longwood and Bel Abbey both could have down seasons. (with Longwood, it's more of a guarantee that we are down this season) - so we will see.
3/3/2013 12:37 PM
This will definitely be an interesting CVAC-Heartland Challenge.  The Heartland is stronger than ever, and the CVAC looks very strong too, but with some of the usual CVAC powers down a bit there could be an opening for the Heartland.

St. Mary's TX missed out on a guy in recruiting that could end up being as good or better than our current stud, Terry Coombs, but I like what we have on the roster for this season (despite having had to take a walkon for the first time in my tenure here).  We have a very good group of guards and SFs this season, but we don't have a stud post scorer, and my best teams usually have better balance.  I do think this current #2 ranking is a bit high, but with the Yarnell about to start and a road trip to 3-0 Minnesota, Duluth coming up we will find out very quickly how good (or not good) we are.
3/3/2013 6:56 PM
Longwood won 2 games!!!! We're pretty excited! (actually, upsetting Harding was quite a nice surprise)

Seriously, if we sneak into the PIT, I will be delighted w/ this young roster. 
3/5/2013 12:04 PM
Posted by bbunch on 3/5/2013 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Longwood won 2 games!!!! We're pretty excited! (actually, upsetting Harding was quite a nice surprise)

I've heard this before. You'll probably get to the sweet sixteen.
3/5/2013 3:08 PM
Posted by bvb24 on 3/5/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bbunch on 3/5/2013 12:04:00 PM (view original):

I've heard this before. You'll probably get to the sweet sixteen.
at least.  you'll somehow manage to pull off winning the CT after going 15-11 or something, and run all the way to the championship game
3/5/2013 8:49 PM
for it to be a rivalry, Harding needs to win a game vs Longwood. Jeez. 2nd time you've been me of late when I had the better team. Last time was in the National Championship.
3/5/2013 11:04 PM
12345 Next ▸
D2 season 63 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.