Proof Tom Brady isn't a football god Topic

Bingo.
2/28/2013 2:13 PM
I ignore nothing.

How about this?

I'll make it scientific (in a sense).I'll give Brady the benefit of everything and we'll see how the 2007 season looks if we change just ONE variable (the '07 season itself will effectively be the control).

So maybe I'll change it to switching out Brady's best O-line (according to WIS salaries for 2007) for the Chiefs worst O-line. Or I'll remove his wideouts and give him, say, the Browns receivers from that year. I bet simulating a whole season then wouldn't result in anything close to undefeated.

2/28/2013 2:17 PM
You're giving him the worst o-line and WR's....wow....what a scientific study.
2/28/2013 2:20 PM
So your way to prove Tom Brady is overrated is....... SIM Matchup?!?

2/28/2013 2:26 PM
Yes, it is a scientific study.

My hypothesis is when Brady doesn't have his great O-line (or wideouts as the case may be), he will not come anywhere near the records he set then, and the team will not go undefeated.

So we'll remove the O-line and put in a worse one, and remove his wideouts and put in worse wideouts, and we'll just see.
2/28/2013 2:31 PM
You have a better idea stinenavy?

That IS what this site was created for.

2/28/2013 2:31 PM
Kind of like how the sim predicted the 9ers to beat the ravens.
2/28/2013 2:33 PM
Hey, nothing is perfect - not even Brady. But then, that's kind of the point.
2/28/2013 2:35 PM
realistically, I was hoping that collectively people would decide not to bother posting in this thread.....but that seems long ago and far away

for this to make any sense whatsoever, wouldn't you need to Sim the exact same circumstances with several different QBs?

comparing Brady with talent to Brady with crap tells no tale.....wouldn't you need to know how his performance with crap stood compared to others? by nature having Ability A perform with Talent B, C, and D and do well, but Ability A doing poorly with talent X, Y, and Z says more about Talents X, Y, and Z.

maybe Brady going 2-14 with the worst of the worst is still the best that any QB could do...obviously, I see what you are trying to do here, but your logic is incomplete...much like a 2007 Tom Brady pass thrown to Armless Jackson
2/28/2013 2:38 PM
Nothing is perfect...yet you use this scientific study as "proof Tom Brady isn't a god!"

Makes sense now....
2/28/2013 2:40 PM
I haven't read all the drivel in that thread, but I recall you making arguments like "Tom Brady can't throw in tight windows". Sim Matchup isn't going to take that into account, as all it does is take stats at face value.
2/28/2013 2:45 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/28/2013 2:45:00 PM (view original):
I haven't read all the drivel in that thread, but I recall you making arguments like "Tom Brady can't throw in tight windows". Sim Matchup isn't going to take that into account, as all it does is take stats at face value.
Forgot about that part of his argument.

Hahaha!!!
2/28/2013 2:48 PM
comparing Brady with talent to Brady with crap tells no tale.

It shows that the talent is what got him the stats and the wins, and that's the point.
maybe Brady going 2-14 with the worst of the worst is still the best that any QB could do...obviously, I see what you are trying to do here, but your logic is incomplete...

Okay, so are you proposing we run a season of, say, the Patriots exactly as they were in 2007 (with Brady as QB), then change out the O-line, then change out the WRs, and then run all three of those sets with other QBs?

I'm not sure how WIS runs their hundreds of simulations, but I don't have the time to manually run whole simulated seasons of three permutations each for however many QBs you want to use before you'll believe it.

Maybe if I have time I'll be able to run six different seasons (each of the three scenarios - control, O-line change, and WR change) for Brady and Manning and we can try to do something with that.

Or someone else can do it if they have the time (as long as they do it honestly) and we can use that.
2/28/2013 2:53 PM
you know that your only using Tom Brady's statistics, not the actual Tom Brady right? and that the engine isnt downgrading Brady because he threw to Moss and Welker?  So you are using stats that are without a doubt amongst the best ever for a single season (regardless of who is responsible for them).  As previously stated, the engine doesnt take into account any of the short comings that you have argued for, it only goes on comp%, ypa, td%, int%, etc.  All this is going to show you is that a crappy OL, a crappy set of WR drag a QBs numbers down over hundreds of simulations, which should happen with any and every QB that you would put in that situation in the SIM, or the SIM isnt functioning correctly.
2/28/2013 3:29 PM
It's a ridiculous way to try to prove this point.  If this is your evidence, I'm sorry for asking for it.
2/28/2013 3:31 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Proof Tom Brady isn't a football god Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.