SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by repas on 3/13/2013 11:00:00 PM (view original):
And if in fact he isn't a newbie......but really a past player who felt he needed to play under an alias for reasons only known to him?
No issues with that.  Personal choice, and it doesn't change the integrity of the game so what the hell should we care.
3/13/2013 11:03 PM
Repas. I think the point is made that you are a douche. Hopefully, for your sake, no one figures out who the real douche is that hides behinds the troll mask.

And hopefully, for all of our sakes and the sake of survivor as a whole, people stop responsing to this fake bull ****.

Drunk Tyson signing out.
3/13/2013 11:09 PM
****. I forgot to put that in a limerick.

3/13/2013 11:14 PM
Posted by csudak on 3/13/2013 11:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by repas on 3/13/2013 11:00:00 PM (view original):
And if in fact he isn't a newbie......but really a past player who felt he needed to play under an alias for reasons only known to him?
No issues with that.  Personal choice, and it doesn't change the integrity of the game so what the hell should we care.
So a past player playing under an alias for reasons of stealth is ok?  Maybe for someone to start fresh because of past bridges burned, or a returning champ or very successful player not wanting to be a target, etc?  All reasons for one to want to protect a known identify.

But if that person in disguise also uses that stealth persona to reveal himself to some in this game, and not to others in this game -- isn't that someone perpetrating an unfair advantage? 

And THAT WOULD THEN BE ruining the integrity of the game for those who came to play honestly without disguises and starting from the same relatively equal position.

So i find it hard to swallow that you say it is ok for a past player to do so.  And call me names for pointing out this hypocrisy.

Bottom line is that Shoe21 knows if he is being honest or not.  No one else probably does with 100% certainty.
If any others participated in a pre-meditated action with Shoe21 knowing that he was using an alias and participating as a past player under cover with alliance assistance then they are just as guilty to lowering the standards of this game to what has transpired the past 24 hours.
I don't care if i win or not.  I do care if i am playing in a fair game, and i will call a foul when i think i see one. 
And it does bother me that some here "appear" to view this potential issue with a double standard.

I think i have made my point and said all that needs to be said for ever more on this issue.  I'm out.  Done posting as long as this remains a dead issue from this point on.  If others want to join in, or anyone needs a last word, i may feel like i need to respond, i may not.  I just don't want to be called a hypocrite for making more comments.

3/13/2013 11:23 PM (edited)
Shoe21 is on Nike. We can vote him out Monday if we lose.

Will that change the fact that you are still a douche posting here? No.
3/13/2013 11:22 PM
3/13/2013 11:23 PM
Also, is there really any integrity in a Survivor game in which all the participants cannot see each other, except by what they post on a message board about sports?
3/13/2013 11:26 PM
Posted by polabonez on 3/13/2013 11:22:00 PM (view original):
Shoe21 is on Nike. We can vote him out Monday if we lose.

Will that change the fact that you are still a douche posting here? No.
Have another drink.
3/13/2013 11:26 PM
Posted by ahrens on 3/13/2013 11:26:00 PM (view original):
Also, is there really any integrity in a Survivor game in which all the participants cannot see each other, except by what they post on a message board about sports?
I FULLY AGREE.  Use all the tools at your disposal.  Integrity has no place in this game.  For some it does.  It is a free for all.  Play by reputation.  Play dirty.  Do what you need to gain an advantage while you are playing.  But when you aren't playing, and you have been voted off -- follow the rules.

If you don't like ALIAS's then make if a FRACKING RULE.  NO ALIAS'S of ANY TYPE.  Didn't see that rule posted.

3/13/2013 11:31 PM
So it's okay to stir things up and try to call someone out from behind the cover of an alias so as to not hurt your standing in the game, but it's not okay to play under a different name to keep a target off your back or have a fair shake at things.

In fact, by admitting you are in the game as a different player and are using another name to talk about things occuring in the game is a MUCH bigger injustice to the integrity of the game than what you are accusing shoe of doing.

Honestly if you were raising these same concerns under your playing name, I really don't think anyone would hold it against you, but instead you hide like a coward as to not have it effect your game. The only problem is, you are throwing other people under the bus and it is potentially effecting their game.  Like I said before, that is a bigger issue of changing the integrity of the game.

3/13/2013 11:32 PM
Posted by repas on 3/13/2013 11:31:00 PM (view original):
I FULLY AGREE.  Use all the tools at your disposal.  Integrity has no place in this game.  For some it does.  It is a free for all.  Play by reputation.  Play dirty.  Do what you need to gain an advantage while you are playing.  But when you aren't playing, and you have been voted off -- follow the rules.

If you don't like ALIAS's then make if a FRACKING RULE.  NO ALIAS'S of ANY TYPE.  Didn't see that rule posted.

I'm really confused.  So your saying its okay to alias, but not if your alias is shoe21, since that's all you have been ******** about from the beginning?
3/13/2013 11:34 PM
Ah debating the principles of an online game built around deception and deceit...
3/13/2013 11:36 PM

11) Only one moniker per person. Those violating this rule will be caught and tied to a post for all others to throw stones at. Since many people have left GD after the past update, I will not require having a GD Team to play. However, winning championships in GD is still a form of immunity so those with a GD team will have an advantage.
3/13/2013 11:36 PM
Posted by csudak on 3/13/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
So it's okay to stir things up and try to call someone out from behind the cover of an alias so as to not hurt your standing in the game, but it's not okay to play under a different name to keep a target off your back or have a fair shake at things.

In fact, by admitting you are in the game as a different player and are using another name to talk about things occuring in the game is a MUCH bigger injustice to the integrity of the game than what you are accusing shoe of doing.

Honestly if you were raising these same concerns under your playing name, I really don't think anyone would hold it against you, but instead you hide like a coward as to not have it effect your game. The only problem is, you are throwing other people under the bus and it is potentially effecting their game.  Like I said before, that is a bigger issue of changing the integrity of the game.

With the caveat that Shoe21 is not who we think he is -- it is affecting my game.  By outing him for who i think he may really be, I am affecting the games of others, but hopefully improving my chances.  That is what this game is all about.  Just play your game and let me play mine.  And yes, desperate circumstances require desperate actions sometimes.  And I can respect that an important part of playing your game to combat me is to denigrate me and call me names and question my integrity.  I would expect no less.  That is gamesmanship.  You are successful for a reason.  And perhaps new strategies are needed to beat you.  If everyone keeps on playing the same old game the most likely result is the same old result.  Yes.  I am here to f*ck sh*t up.

But c'mon and admit it anyways.  The evidence is overwhelming.  He's a beard.  And he has allies.  It was a smart play.  It was just the execution that stunk.

Shoe and I are cowards of the same type, or players of the same mind who don't want to penalize ourselves for revealing who we really are.  And maybe there are more, i don't know -- but they didn't do it as carelessly as Shoe21, and if they are doing it i can't recognize the immediate impact it is having on my game like i can in this instance.  He didn't protect his identity well enough.  Hopefully i am doing a better job of that.

So i'm just playing the game.  Using what i can to gain any advantage i can.  Which is exactly what Shoe & Company probably did.  I have no problem with it other than to better my position for myself.  Most in this game lie, dis-inform, tell part truths, obviscate, ally, double-cross... everything.  It's all part of the game.

Besides this is fun.  It's been so damn boring the past week waiting for this Challenge to start.

3/13/2013 11:59 PM (edited)
Posted by csudak on 3/13/2013 11:36:00 PM (view original):

11) Only one moniker per person. Those violating this rule will be caught and tied to a post for all others to throw stones at. Since many people have left GD after the past update, I will not require having a GD Team to play. However, winning championships in GD is still a form of immunity so those with a GD team will have an advantage.
Before i did this i read the rules.  And not just the rules for this season.  I saw that rule in the rules last season and players did this.  It was my interpretation that rule was meant for one person playing as two different participating players.  Not for a person taking a stealth identity to post or sitemail.
3/13/2013 11:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.