SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Just saw psap made that post lol
4/9/2013 4:09 PM
Posted by polabonez on 4/9/2013 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 4/9/2013 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Challenge #8 -- Champions League, Leg 2:

By popular demand this is BOTH an individual and a team Challenge.
The two tribes must submit their Champions League picks by kickoff today, Tuesday April 9th for 2 of the games by 2:45pm.  
The other 2 games will be played tomorrow.
Failure to submit your individual picks or a general disregard for the best game going on this planet will result in immediate expulsion from the Main Island and onto Redemption Island.

Keep in mind that today's and tomorrow's games are Leg 2 -- a few of these below items require aggregate score, not just the results from today.  So make sure you understand where the status of the matches stand regarding Leg #1 played two weeks ago.

Part One -- Who Will Advance?:

Real Madrid (1 point) or Galatasary (12 points)
Dortmond (3 points) or Malaga (5 points)
Barcelona (2 points) or Paris St. Germain (5 points)
Juventus (6 points) or Bayern Munich (2 points)

Part 2:  Goals Scored -- pick 2 players - the number of goals the player scores times the multiplier:

Ronaldo (x1)
Lavezzi (x4)
Higuain (x3)
Benzema (x2.5)
Messi (x1.5)
Reus (2.5)
Mandzukic (x1.4)
Lewandowski (x2.6)
Muller (x2)
Ibrahimovic (x1.2)
Robben (x3)

Part 3 -- Clean Sheet:
Choose as many teams as you like which will keep a clean sheet.  Wrong guesses are (-2) points.

Real Madrid (2 points)
Barcelona (3 points)
Bayern Munich (4 points)
Juventus (3 points)
Dortmond (4 points)
Paris St Germain (4 points)
Malaga (5 points)
Galatsary (8 points)
NONE (7 points)

Part 4 -- What was in the Suitcase? (10 points correct answer):

Cash for an automatic rematch against the title holder.
Gold bars.
Vince Vega's soul

What in the hell is Champions League?
R u serious? Hahaha it's basically the Super Bowl of European club football it's amazing to watch
4/9/2013 5:21 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/9/2013 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Make UFC this weekend or next weekend because this is getting down right ridiculous. First WWE now Soccer this is awful.
I'm sry Philly I don't know how u can say that soccer is the most popular sport in the world and UFC is the fastest growing sport and wwe is entertaining, u don't have to like every sport but everyone deserves respect.
4/9/2013 5:24 PM
Posted by patsrule755 on 4/9/2013 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Make UFC this weekend or next weekend because this is getting down right ridiculous. First WWE now Soccer this is awful.
I'm sry Philly I don't know how u can say that soccer is the most popular sport in the world and UFC is the fastest growing sport and wwe is entertaining, u don't have to like every sport but everyone deserves respect.
I like wwe is just the results are fixed. Soccer sucks except world cup. UFC is just awesome.
4/9/2013 5:26 PM
The World Cup is actually the worst soccer of the international matches.  Played way too conservatively as everyone is afraid to give up a goal and lose.

Champions League, the EPL, La Liga, The Euro's, Serie A, Europa League, FA Cup -- that's the order i'd go with.

4/9/2013 5:37 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/9/2013 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by patsrule755 on 4/9/2013 5:24:00 PM (view original):
I like wwe is just the results are fixed. Soccer sucks except world cup. UFC is just awesome.
I don't see how football (soccer) sucks its a very entertaining sport I love club play and it takes so much skill to play
4/9/2013 5:38 PM
All of the votes are in.  Anybody who wishes to play an idol has until 11pm EST.  

The real Challenge #8 will be posted shortly.
4/9/2013 7:51 PM
NASCAR baby NASCAR!!!
4/9/2013 8:03 PM
The real story for this weekend is the Masters golf tournament so I would expect a golf challenge sometime. When are we going to do a poker challenge? It is way overdue!
4/9/2013 8:30 PM
The masters is great too but the ultimate fighting championship should be on their. I think the masters is still bigger.
4/9/2013 8:37 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/9/2013 8:39:00 PM (view original):
The masters is great too but the ultimate fighting championship should be on their. I think the masters is still bigger.
{sarcasm}Hey, I'm not clear from your posts, do you think there should be a UFC championship challenge?  I haven't seen you post about it yet.{/sarcasm}
4/9/2013 8:43 PM
Challenge #8 – “If I saw myself in clothes like those, I’d have to kick my own ***”

In this challenge, tribes will be picking multiple teams of golfers for The Masters.  We will be using THIS MASTERS POOL

EDITS to the entry sheet:
-Fredrick Jacobson is listed twice (#43 & #73)…cross out one of those numbers
-Two golfers were recently added to “The Field”:
94. Adam Scott
95. Martin Laird
-Disregard their tie-breaker…the real tie-breaker is listed below.

Here are the important points:
-each team will be made up of 12 golfers
-choose at most 1 player from each of Groups A, B, and C
-choose the remaining players of your team from The Field
-the bottom 2 scores will be dropped, so your team score will consist of the sum of your top 10 golfers (+/- scores). 
-any golfer who does not make the cut will receive a score of +99.

Each survivor participant can sitemail one team of golfers to survivorxii by Thursday at 2am EST (yes, that does say AM).  For winning the previous challenge, Tribe BCS can select a member to submit one additional entry (the captain must notify survivorxii as to who will be submitting the extra entry).  So if all entries get submitted on time, Tribe BCS will have 9 and Tribe Mid-Major will have 7.

The single entry with the LOWEST score will win immunity for their tribe.  The other tribe will vote somebody out on Monday.

Tie-breaker: If there is a tie for 1st place between members of different tribes, then immunity will be given to the tribe with the 3rd place entry.  If that is a tie, then immunity will be given to the tribe with the 5th place entry…then the 7th place entry.  After that, Tribe BCS would automatically win because Mid-Major only has 7 entries.
4/9/2013 9:07 PM
So everyone on your team chooses 12 golfers?
4/9/2013 9:11 PM
Yes, everyone chooses 1 team of golfers. 
4/9/2013 9:18 PM
COLLEGE TEAM VOTING RESULTS
4 votes for sjurat
4 votes for mb625
We have a tie!

By the rules of Survivor, there will be a re-vote. Please read the following carefully:
-sjurat and mb625 will NOT vote
-the other 6 members (katzphang88, polabonez, swany623, ahrens, tsut30, and psap) will each vote again…they MUST vote for either sjurat or mb625.
-if there is another tie in the re-vote, sjurat and mb625 will be SAFE. Katzphang88, polabonez, swany623, ahrens, tsut30, and psap would then compete in a small “fire-building” challenge. The loser of this challenge would be sent to Redemption Island. 

Since there is a challenge on Thursday, we want to get everything taken care of tomorrow. Katzphang88, polabonez, swany623, ahrens, tsut30, and psap must each submit their re-vote AND picks for the possible “fire-building” challenge by 5pm EST (sharp!) on Wednesday to survivorxii.

Fire-Building Challenge (if needed) - All Games Take Place on Wednesday

Total combined points (sum) of the following 6 NBA players: Jrue Holiday (Phi), John Wall (Wash), Kyrie Irving (Cle), Monta Ellis (Mil), Deron Williams (Brk), and Greg Monroe (Det). Your answer must be a whole number. The person furthest from the actual number will be sent to Redemption Island.

Tie-breakers:
TB1: Total combined saves (sum) for the starting NHL goalies on the following teams: Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils, Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers. Your answer must be a whole number.
TB2: Order of submission.
5/2/2013 6:44 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...33|34|35|36|37...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.