SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by mb625 on 5/29/2013 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Well, to address number three, now is the first time I've been able to access whatif since last night. And I started this at 7:57 EST... so that's the answer to that question. And as far as number two goes, I'm not sure. I hate to say it, but I do think that cutting ties with you initially, psap was the best move I made all game. I felt really bad about it because you had done so much for me up to that point which is why I was quick to jump back in with you when you came back. Not sure shlog or katz would have done the same, but perhaps I'm wrong. Not having the ties to the Adidas 4 post merge was what, I think, got me to where I am now. If I'd aligned with them, I'm not probably here. Honestly, I just wasn't sure what I wanted to write earlier, because, in my mind, I didn't do anything that special. Saying that probably makes my bed, but I'm not generally one to toot my own horn. So, I hope that answers your questions. Tried my best to do so. Thanks go out to horvie and ghutton for running this game very well. Had a ton of fun and didn't do too shabby for my second time out.
Also, to help him out, I got the advantage of posting last.  So he just had to wait for shoe.  I'm glad they posted earlier, made it easier for me.
5/29/2013 8:56 PM
Posted by ahrens on 5/29/2013 8:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 5/29/2013 7:46:00 PM (view original):

Ahrens,

1.  Please explain what happened on the inside in the tsut/sjurat elimination vote when sjurat received more votes than tsut, but played his idol.  And what part did you play in this scheme?

2. Who where the members of the alliance that chose to go after Sjurat this last round?  And why not earlier, and what part did you play in sjurat’s exit? 

3. In your statement you seem to be saying that you were willing to allow Pola a chance to win the final Challenge Immunity because of all he had done in the game up to that point for you.  If he had won Immunity do you honestly feel you still had a chance to beat Pola in the finals?  And if he had not won Immunity, are you stating that you, shoe, and MB already had a deal to vote out Pola and not allow him to advance to the finals?

Matt -- Please post your answers first as the following question to MB is predicated on your answers.

MB,

1. Please comment on Ahrens answers to his questions.  If you disagree or wish to communicate other opinions or interpretations please articulate them.

2. I would like to have a little more insight into why you think your game succeeded beyond your very brief statement.  What did you do differently than someone like katz or shlog could have done if they had the fortune of your spot (landing on Mid-Major rather than BCS) – and could they just have easily done what you did in your place on the Mid-Major Tribe (while I took the heavy fire) and then onto the Final merge?

3. Why did you write your speech first?  I would have definitely waited to see what the others would have written before I did so to see what issues I needed to address as well as the quality of my speech.  Seems like both you and Shoe acted a little impulsively.

Shoe,

I will cut you some slack, as the power of the written word seems beyond your realm of competency, and give you a second chance to put together a coherent explanation of why you think you deserve votes from the jury.

1. Well, the fake account was created.  I was at work and wanted to get the clue to the group quickly, so I didn't divulge a bunch (or really any) intel.  Then we figured out it was a fake.  Tyson had revealed much, much more to the fake account, and I used that as my first opportunity to reach out to shoe.  i made a deal saying that pola wanted him out, and we could jump on that first and blindside Tyson.  Then I got my intel from him that people were going after sjurat, and instead of trying to flip, and knowing that after this vote the idol would be useless, we decided (and shoe knew this and voted out sjurat, if I'm not mistaken) that we would just give sjurat the idol.  I knew my intel was solid from shoe because of the deal. I think that answers both questions.

2. I made that decision.  At least to shoe.  It was the most hastily thrown together vote of any round, IMO.  MB said he was voting for sjurat (we had talked about it briefly, but hadn't solidified it), and I told shoe that we shoe get sjurat out to 'torture Tyson" or something like that.  And I just looked and from the beginning I said final 5 to shoe.  That is when we would strike.  Then we only needed one (whoever wasn't sjurat and Tyson in that group) to make a move.  Once I reached out and offered mb a final 3 deal (right when you entered the game) I knew everything about the final tribe, and the only real surprise was Tyson giving his phone to a stripper.

3. I dunno about if I could beat Tyson.  He played a great game, and I would have tried to say he would have been eliminated without me.  I dunno how much pola hate there would be in the jury, but from what I was hearing (not sure how much was pandering to get Tyson out) people would have sided with Tyson.  And yes, I reached out to shoe right before we took out tsut and mb right after you came back on the island.  Although it was never stated with shoe, it was assumed that we had a final 3 deal.  MB and I did have a final 3 deal, for sure.  But yes, even before you (and to the lesser caesari) made statements about eliminating Tyson, plans were already in the works to take him down, since I realized that I couldn't beat him.
And to clarify a couple of points, I hadn't heard anything on the sjurat vote, so I just chose sjurat because it was getting kind of last minute. Also, the final three deal I had with ahrens came at around the same time you came back, psap. A little after. Simply because I figured that you were probably on your way back out and it was too good to pass up.
5/29/2013 9:57 PM
Final 3 - please answer the following:

1 - estimate the total time spent on Survivor from beginning to answering these Qs
2 - post the most time spent on any single challenge
3 - if you were a tree, what kind and why
4 - Coke or Pepsi
5 - Coke or Meth
6 - if you had to eliminate one of the other 2 finalists - who would it be
7 - have you tried the new BETA? If so, should they move forward or keep the current engine?
8 - ginger, Maryann, or mrs, Howell? (Note to group - I would have been inclusive if psap made the finals by adding gilligan)
9 - Suggested theme for the next Survivor

FYI - I just doubled my "time spent" on Survivor
5/29/2013 10:48 PM
Posted by sjurat on 5/29/2013 10:48:00 PM (view original):

1 - estimate the total time spent on Survivor from beginning to answering these Qs
4 - Coke or Pepsi
5 - Coke or Meth
7 - have you tried the new BETA? If so, should they move forward or keep the current engine?
8 - ginger, Maryann, or mrs, Howell? (Note to group - I would have been inclusive if psap made the finals by adding gilligan)

1. Don't want to. A lot.
2. Not that much, maybe 15 minutes max.
3. Family Tree because it has so much history.
4. Pepsi
5. Meth, I am from Missouri
6. I don't believe in murder.
7. Needs tweaking, but it has a bunch of potential
8. Ginger
9. On Location, where we all travel together.
5/29/2013 11:35 PM

4 - Coke or Pepsi
5 - Coke or Meth

The FYI sounds like a lie...seems like you spent double the time making your NFL dream team.

P.S.  Go Blackhawks!!
5/29/2013 11:36 PM
Final 3- please answer the following

1. What was your worst move or move that almost cost you a spot in the Final 3?
2. Besides polabonez and the 3 of you, who is the next most deserving person to win this Survivor?
3. What was your favorite challenge in this Survivor?
4. Tell me at LEAST one good reason why the other 2 contestants do NOT deserve to be the sole survivor.
5. Mb625 only....WHY did you decide to jump in bed with pola and followers and pass intel over to him which led to them giving shoe immunity?

The only good thing about pola getting disqualified is that now I actually have a choice to make between one of the 3 remaining players. If pola was still around it would have been a no-brainer to vote for him.....in my opinion. I have been watching The Following tv show and this seemed like an appropriate comparison with pola playing the evil character of Joe.....lol!

5/30/2013 12:41 AM
Posted by da_goat on 5/30/2013 12:41:00 AM (view original):

2. Besides polabonez and the 3 of you, who is the next most deserving person to win this Survivor?
4. Tell me at LEAST one good reason why the other 2 contestants do NOT deserve to be the sole survivor.
5. Mb625 only....WHY did you decide to jump in bed with pola and followers and pass intel over to him which led to them giving shoe immunity?

The only good thing about pola getting disqualified is that now I actually have a choice to make between one of the 3 remaining players. If pola was still around it would have been a no-brainer to vote for him.....in my opinion. I have been watching The Following tv show and this seemed like an appropriate comparison with pola playing the evil character of Joe.....lol!

1. Waiting too long to talk to Katz when I first flipped on PSAP. Left it up to a fire building challenge which we got lucky on.
2. PSAP. He played the game quite a bit. Especially with his fake idol.
3. The horse racing. I hate that. Terrible at it.
4. Shoe was already voted off once and struggled with the challenges. Mb sat on a fence most of the game and didn't make any moves and was saved by a firebuilding challenge.
5. Not directed towards me, but he wasn't the only one passing us intel.
5/30/2013 12:53 AM
1. No clue but way to much time
2. 20 min
3. Oak tree
4. Pepsi
5. Coke
6. Ahrens... Will admit he played a great game also
7. Yes move forward... Was my first GD experience
8. Ginger
9. Next theme should be the same just new twists
5/30/2013 1:09 AM
1.Well my worst move was messaging everyone but u when we all got split into new tribes sayin we need to get you out right away
2. I would say psap also he tried everything he could to stay alive
3. I really enjoyed the dreAm team challenge
4. Ahrens followed Tyson pretty much the whole way and if Tyson or ahrens won last challenge whoever didn't was vote off next and MB idk what to say for him he really did nuthin in this game

5/30/2013 1:17 AM
Oh yea and also it wasn't pola or ahrens or MB that told me I was getting voted off that nite... And me n pola already talked about passing the idol to me
5/30/2013 1:21 AM
Oh yea and also it wasn't pola or ahrens or MB that told me I was getting voted off that nite... And me n pola already talked about passing the idol to me
5/30/2013 1:21 AM
Vote already sent in without reading any of this stuff. No question(s) needed to ask. Good luck to all 3....
5/30/2013 4:55 AM
::::waiting around for game recap::::

I've got some questions of my own for a few of the treacherous jury
5/30/2013 9:06 AM

4 - Coke or Pepsi
5 - Coke or Meth

1. I don't know... 10 hours? That's a wild guess.
2. Probably an hour or so on the dream team challenge.
3. Oak. Because.
4. Coca-Cola
5. Neither.
6. Neither.
7. Yes. I like some ideas, but the results are a bit out of whack... I've actually been making playoff runs. That's not supposed to happen.
8. Maryann
9. Don't have one.
5/30/2013 10:46 AM
Posted by da_goat on 5/30/2013 12:41:00 AM (view original):

1. My worst move... Not certain on that one. Probably not noticing the fake survivor account right away.
2. Probably knee.
3. The baseball team building thing. I went all Moneyball on that, didn't quite win, but I enjoyed it.
4. I don't have one good reason. I think both of them are just as deserving as me.
5. It seemed like my best bet to get to the Final 3. And it worked.

5/30/2013 10:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...86|87|88|89|90...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.