SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Whoops....my mistake.  I posted the results right away because we don't have an idol in play.  I totally forgot about the possibility of a national championship idol being played.  If anybody else obtains a NC idol in the future, the rules state that you must post it in the thread either before the vote or during the idol play period (8pm to 11pm EST).  For more info on National Title immunity, read rule #5a-d.  We will not announce the results until after the idol period has passed.   Congrats on your NC, da_goat!
3/18/2013 11:26 PM (edited)
Posted by ghutton9 on 3/18/2013 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by da_goat on 3/18/2013 10:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by horvie78 on 3/18/2013 8:42:00 PM (view original):
VOTING RESULTS...

Adidas Tribe:
2 votes for phillyboy107
2 votes for caesari
3 votes for jbeninte
In addition, jbeninte voted for himself...which is against the rules, but it doesn't matter because he had the most votes anyway.

jbeninte
has been eliminated from Survivor XII.  Since he is not interested in playing anymore, he will not go to redemption island.

Under Armour Tribe
2 votes for psap
4 votes for csudak
ahrens did not vote...he officially receives his first warning...anymore missed votes will result in disqualification!

csudak has been voted out of Under Armour and will head to redemption island.
So you already posted results?
What about someone playing an idol, don't they have until 11pm?

I was going to play the Idol of Little Taliwack, courtesy of polabonehead......lol! Actually, I figure that it won't save me......BUT since I cannot save this one for future tribals,  I do wish to play the GD National Championship Idol (Miami in Hayes). I hate the rule that you cannot save this idol.....it should trump any idol and be used when you want to.....just my 2 cents.
Nice. I agree. That rule never made sense to me. You would figure that's a pretty tough Idol to get and should be able to be held on to so that it could at least be used. We kept it in though out of respect to the original rules.
When the rule was written, there were no hidden immunity idols. The television show didn't invent the concept of hidden immunity idols until after we were already four GD Survivors in, FYI.

So, none of the idols carried over at that point. Hidden Immunity Idols trumped that.

The second logic, as to why it stayed that way, is that being good at GD is not necessarily the same as being good at GD Survivor. It was always seen as an extra perk rather than the main idol.
3/19/2013 4:04 AM
Patsrule755 will be Nike's honorary captain for this challenge. 
3/19/2013 5:11 AM
Are you happy that Csudak got the boot first?

Votes: 11
(Last vote received: 3/20/2013 6:12 PM)
3/19/2013 3:45 PM
I wonder who choose the thrid option?  lol
3/19/2013 3:45 PM
Just a heads up that I have not received the picks from team Nike. I will extend the time a little bit longer since the games haven't started, but I need to see these soon.
3/19/2013 6:12 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 3/19/2013 6:12:00 PM (view original):
Just a heads up that I have not received the picks from team Nike. I will extend the time a little bit longer since the games haven't started, but I need to see these soon.
I will resume captain duties, now that I'm off work, and will get them to you ASAP.
3/19/2013 6:16 PM
They are in. Thanks Pola for your spreadsheet.
3/19/2013 6:27 PM
Challenge #2 picks

Team Under Armor Team Nike Team Addidas
Dominican Republic-4 Dominican Republic-3/2(3) Dominican Republic-2
Puerto Rico-3 Puerto Rico-2 Puerto Rico-1
NC A&T-66(3) NC A&T-56 NC A&T- 54
Liberty-64(2) Liberty-55 Liberty-55
Middle Tennessee St-67 Middle Tennessee St-61 Middle Tennessee St-56
St Mary's-65(3) St Mary's-56 St Mary's-58
Oklahoma City-99 Oklahoma City-103 Oklahoma City-104(2)
Denver-93 Denver-101(3) Denver-99
Portland-95(2) Portland-88 Portland-93
Milwaukee-94 Milwaukee-92 Milwaukee-96(3)
Indiana-95(3) Indiana-94 Indiana-92
Orlando-89 Orlando-91 Orlando-83
Los Angeles-95 Los Angeles-98 Los Angeles-98
Sacramento-93 Sacramento-91 Sacramento-86

TB #1-Dominican Republic TB #1-Dominican Republic TB #1-Dominican Republic
TB #2- NC A&T TB #2- NC A &T TB #2-Liberty
TB #3- Middle Tennessee St TB #3- Middle Tennessee St TB #3- St Mary's
1st 3rd 2nd

3/19/2013 11:42 PM (edited)
Just for clarification, one of the teams guessed scores with decimals. Those scores were rounded down to the point that they were on. Teams can not score tenth of points and this is a guess the score challenge. It will really only affect 2 games. 
3/19/2013 6:53 PM
So in the future should we just assume the the deadline isnt the deadline and we can just submit until the games start?
3/19/2013 9:39 PM
You know, us unisex first namers should stick together Lauren!
3/19/2013 9:44 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 3/19/2013 9:39:00 PM (view original):
So in the future should we just assume the the deadline isnt the deadline and we can just submit until the games start?
It will be a judgement call by myself or horvie. In this case the games were not affected and I knew there was an issue that caused it to be late. I gave them a written warning that I was closing their window to submit it. If in the future there is a deadline, you will be risking the judgement call of not allowing it, so I would say it would be a bad call unless there is some sort of notice that you'll be a little late and we allow it.
3/19/2013 9:50 PM
We could really use a run by either team here in the baseball game.
3/19/2013 11:21 PM
Team UA has won this challenge. With 1 game left Nike leads Addidas by 1. If the Kings score between 86-90 then Addidas wins. Anything else and Addidas will be voting. Voting will begin following the Clippers vs. Kings game for the losing tribe. All votes must be in by 8pm. Remember that it might be wise to wait to make a vote. Votes can not be changed and only the first vote counts. All votes are to be sent to the survivorxii account.
3/19/2013 11:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.