SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Where did you go?

4/16/2013 8:51 PM
I was registered 30 minutes before and came back 2 minutes before to find it cancelled
4/16/2013 9:00 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 4/16/2013 8:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/16/2013 8:06:00 PM (view original):
someone want to keep us updated with the list of people out?
I will be posting updates every so often
So are there any updates on the poker game....just got home a few minutes ago. How is our tribe doing?
4/16/2013 9:21 PM
So stalagna tells me the game was cancelled due to having players on 2 different tables? Are you gonna reschedule it? If so I may be able to play.
4/16/2013 9:30 PM
It was a comedy of errors.
4/16/2013 9:40 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/16/2013 9:40:00 PM (view original):
It was a comedy of errors.
Understatement of the game right here.
4/16/2013 9:53 PM
Sorry...yes, it was cancelled.  I will post a new challenge within the hour.  It will either be for tomorrow or Thursday.
4/16/2013 9:53 PM
A quick and easy replacement challenge.  I will explain what happened in the poker game in the next post...

Challenge #9 – Baseball Blackjack

In Blackjack, the object is to get to 21 without going over. In this challenge, you will pick any number of MLB teams playing tomorrow (Wednesday), trying to get a combined total of 21 runs. Note you are picking teams, not games. The tribe who is closest to 21 without going over wins immunity. The losing tribe will vote somebody out. 

Note: If a team’s game gets postponed, that team will be awarded exactly 4 runs.

Advantage for Tribe Mid-Major: they automatically win the tie-breaker, which would include a double-bust.

Captains must submit their list of teams to survivorxii by 7pm EST tomorrow (Wednesday)

Games: Wednesday, April 17th
Philadelphia at Cincinnati 7:00 PM
Tampa Bay at Baltimore 7:05 PM
Boston at Cleveland 7:05 PM
Arizona at NY Yankees 7:05 PM
St. Louis at Pittsburgh 7:05 PM
Chicago White Sox at Toronto 7:07 PM
Washington at Miami 7:10 PM
Texas at Chicago Cubs 8:05 PM
San Francisco at Milwaukee 8:10 PM
LA Angels at Minnesota 8:10 PM
NY Mets at Colorado 8:40 PM
Detroit at Seattle 10:10 PM
San Diego at LA Dodgers 10:10 PM 
4/16/2013 10:20 PM
Awesome replacement challenge horvie
4/16/2013 10:28 PM
What happened at the poker challenge...

Everything started out fine.  All 9 survivor players were seated at the same poker table.  A few hands later, I noticed that a few of the players had disappeared from the table.  Turns out that we were split into two tables because it was a "tournament".  Even worse was the fact that one table had myself and all 4 mid-major members, while the second table had ghutton and all 3 BCS members.  (Everybody started checking...lol).  At that point, it was unfair to continue the game.  I looked once more through the "create a tournament" settings, and there was no option to stay at one table or to create our own "sit and go" game.  I figured that a tournament with 9 players would guarantee that they all stayed seated at the same table, but that wasn't the case.

I apologize to all of you, especially those who:
1) wasted their time downloading software and signing up
2) were looking forward to playing cards
or 3) gave up their night or re-arranged their plans to play
4/16/2013 11:02 PM
Posted by da_goat on 4/16/2013 9:30:00 PM (view original):
So stalagna tells me the game was cancelled due to having players on 2 different tables? Are you gonna reschedule it? If so I may be able to play.
No, not planning to reschedule it
4/16/2013 11:06 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 4/16/2013 11:03:00 PM (view original):
What happened at the poker challenge...

Everything started out fine.  All 9 survivor players were seated at the same poker table.  A few hands later, I noticed that a few of the players had disappeared from the table.  Turns out that we were split into two tables because it was a "tournament".  Even worse was the fact that one table had myself and all 4 mid-major members, while the second table had ghutton and all 3 BCS members.  (Everybody started checking...lol).  At that point, it was unfair to continue the game.  I looked once more through the "create a tournament" settings, and there was no option to stay at one table or to create our own "sit and go" game.  I figured that a tournament with 9 players would guarantee that they all stayed seated at the same table, but that wasn't the case.

I apologize to all of you, especially those who:
1) wasted their time downloading software and signing up
2) were looking forward to playing cards
or 3) gave up their night or re-arranged their plans to play
I just want to note that I technically won our table. After about 50 straight folds by Horvie due to him being absent.
4/17/2013 1:00 AM
Baseball Blackjack Picks

BCS:
Rangers
Cubs
Mets
Rockies
Padres

Mid-Major:
Rangers
Cubs
Twins
Angels

4/17/2013 7:06 PM
Well we are at 16 + the Padres

Mid major has 8 + Twins and Angels
4/17/2013 7:12 PM
Padres score 6 tonight. Calling it.
4/17/2013 7:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...43|44|45|46|47...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.