SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/19/2013 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ahrens on 4/18/2013 11:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/18/2013 5:27:00 PM (view original):
How do you really feel?
Honestly I know there is a lot of anti polabonez sentiment going on right now in the game. I dont dislike the guy like some. I just happened to be alinged in a spot which makes him my enemy.
"Can't we all just get along" - R. King
4/20/2013 2:16 AM
Challenge #10- Roto Style Fantasy Playoff Basketball
Here's a pretty basic challenge for each tribe. As usual, each captain must submit the tribes picks to the ________xii account before the start of the first game(1pm ET). If the captain can not do so, then they must let us know who will be submitting the picks for the tribe. The winning tribe will receive a small bonus in the next challenge and the losing tribe will have to vote a member to redemption island. 

There are 4 NBA playoff games tomorrow, Sunday April 21st. Each team will pick one player from every team that is playing. That will be 8 players. Each team can then pick 2 more players from any team that they want. The catch is, that both of those players must come from the same team. That means that of the 10 players selected, 3 of them will be playing for one NBA team. The stats for each player will be added up for each of the following categories, Points, Total Rebounds, Steals, Blocked Shots, and Assist. The tribe to win the most categories will win this challenge. If there is a tie in any category then the team that turned in their picks first gets the tie breaker. 

Bonus for tribe mid major- They can choose to not take a player from one of the teams and make a selection from any other team for that slot. 

The NBA Games
Hawks vs Pacers
Lakers vs Spurs
Bucks vs Heat
Rockets vs Thunder

All official stats will come from NBA.com
5/1/2013 7:31 AM (edited)
Can we get a clarification on our advantage? It means we can hypothetically choose:

3 Hawks
2 Heat
0 Spurs
and
1 of every other team. Correct? Or does it mean that we don't have to pick three from the same team?

4/20/2013 6:30 PM
Posted by mb625 on 4/20/2013 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Can we get a clarification on our advantage? It means we can hypothetically choose:

3 Hawks
2 Heat
0 Spurs
and
1 of every other team. Correct? Or does it mean that we don't have to pick three from the same team?

im thinking it meant you can pick 2 hawks instead of 3 (in your hypothetical situation of course)

then again, i just reread it and i dont know lol

4/20/2013 7:18 PM
Posted by mb625 on 4/20/2013 6:30:00 PM (view original):

3 Hawks
2 Heat
0 Spurs
and

It says we have to choose 1 from each team playing, then we can either choose 2 from the same team, or 1 each from 2 separate teams
4/20/2013 10:05 PM
Clarification: You still have to pick at least 3 from one of the teams. The advantage is that of the other 7 teams you could choose to not take a player from one of those teams and pick a second player on any of the other 6. So your example of 3 Hawks, 2 Heat and 0 Spurs would be correct. Really though you could also go with 4 Hawks, 1 Heat and 0 Spurs. 
4/20/2013 11:13 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 4/20/2013 11:13:00 PM (view original):
Clarification: You still have to pick at least 3 from one of the teams. The advantage is that of the other 7 teams you could choose to not take a player from one of those teams and pick a second player on any of the other 6. So your example of 3 Hawks, 2 Heat and 0 Spurs would be correct. Really though you could also go with 4 Hawks, 1 Heat and 0 Spurs. 
Thanks for the clarification!
4/21/2013 12:37 AM
Go Team
4/21/2013 1:01 AM
When will Season 13 start?  This sounds fun.
4/21/2013 12:59 PM
Challenge #10

Tribe BCS wins the challenge. They were the only tribe to turn in picks. The captain of Tribe mid major sent a sitemail without picks. Tribe mid major must vote by 8pm ET tomorrow. 
4/21/2013 1:10 PM
Posted by mattcolleran on 4/21/2013 12:59:00 PM (view original):
When will Season 13 start?  This sounds fun.
We've still got about a month left of this season. If I had to guess, it would be a few months after this finishes. Maybe more, depending on who the next host is.
4/21/2013 1:14 PM
Lol classic mid major screw up
4/21/2013 1:18 PM
Naw, they are tanking in an effort to eliminate people before the merge.
4/21/2013 1:25 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/21/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Naw, they are tanking in an effort to eliminate people before the merge.
Actually, not true.  We had picks.  I think they were just submitted to horvie and hutton and not the survivor account.  I can post out picks so BCS can see how we would have done so your Sunday is still exciting.
4/21/2013 1:36 PM
This is what mb sent to the whole tribe.

Wade, Bosh, James- MIA
Durant, Westbrook- OKC
J. Smith- ATL
Howard- LAL
Ellis- MIL
Harden- HOU
Parker- SA
4/21/2013 1:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...46|47|48|49|50...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.