SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by polabonez on 5/10/2013 1:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjurat on 5/9/2013 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tsut30 on 5/9/2013 8:21:00 PM (view original):
And now someone has made polobonez....
And in actual game news...I just simed my Dream Team against Pola's in about 20 games...I won 2.
My cap is 72 million... Due to the update glitch mentioned above... I have to fix it tomorrow
Cheaters never prosper
5/10/2013 6:10 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 5/9/2013 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Still think people doing fake accounts to cheat should be banned from playing Survivor forever if revealed
...and some think they are features to the game, not bugs.
5/10/2013 9:05 AM
Posted by psap on 5/10/2013 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Still think people doing fake accounts to cheat should be banned from playing Survivor forever if revealed
How did that work out for you?

The truth is I believe the person who hides behind a created ID knows that it is a shady move otherwise they wouldn't hide behind the ID anyways.  There isn't any information you generally can't gain in the game from asking from a real ID and making assessments to whether or not the person is telling the truth.

I think even the person who tries using the fake account to gain information knows it puts a target on their back and the fake account puts a fake back to paint the target on.

the problem is, every time it has surfaced in the game the person has been revealed.

You see, even if suvivorxii never gets IP Checked the fact remains that he gained information from everyone that believed he was the host.  He is the only one that has this information.

What can he do with it now?  If he exposes any information he exposes himself, which will assuredly lead himself right back into being the #1 target, on his own back.

Whether it is within or against the rules of the game, I don't see it as a good strategy either way...  It's a surefire seat on redemption island.
5/10/2013 10:59 AM
Posted by polabonez on 5/10/2013 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by psap on 5/10/2013 9:05:00 AM (view original):
How did that work out for you?

The truth is I believe the person who hides behind a created ID knows that it is a shady move otherwise they wouldn't hide behind the ID anyways.  There isn't any information you generally can't gain in the game from asking from a real ID and making assessments to whether or not the person is telling the truth.

I think even the person who tries using the fake account to gain information knows it puts a target on their back and the fake account puts a fake back to paint the target on.

the problem is, every time it has surfaced in the game the person has been revealed.

You see, even if suvivorxii never gets IP Checked the fact remains that he gained information from everyone that believed he was the host.  He is the only one that has this information.

What can he do with it now?  If he exposes any information he exposes himself, which will assuredly lead himself right back into being the #1 target, on his own back.

Whether it is within or against the rules of the game, I don't see it as a good strategy either way...  It's a surefire seat on redemption island.
He/She could create yet another account --- say SurvivorExposed --- and post ALL the responses.  That would be WAY cool and, I am sure, eye-opening.
5/10/2013 12:19 PM
So that was a fake and there was no clue?

You guys take this **** way to seriously.
5/10/2013 1:11 PM
Personally i enjoy as much creative lattitude in the game as long as it is within the rules of the game. That way everyone is governed by the same set of rules.
Whether it is within the spirit and intent of the game is irrelevant -- it is a subjective topic and therefore open to multiple interpretations.

While some players may enjoy spending two months of their lives enjoying the safety among numbers, that is a complete BORE for me.
I enjoy the chaos, deception, info/disinfo, and actively playing the game my way, rather than being an anonymous member of the peloton - to me I'd rather spend my time elsewhere -- i don't find that challenging in the least.  

Yah perhaps there are few of us who feel this way (Arfy?), but for the bottom line "how'd that work out for you?" - is not a bottom line for me.
It worked out just fine.  I had a blast.

Even if I only play slightly more than half a game is a hell of lot more fun for me than winning a popularity or trust fall contest.

No criticisms against the Pola circle-jerk you guys have going on over there - we know you guys love playing with each others junk.     ...and we all know sjurat is the one who will end up eating the cracker anyway and then thanking and praising Pola for the opportunity.

There is nothing to play for but fun here.  No million dollars nor even a complimentary WIS season.  Ifs all about fun, not "ha ha, i'm superior to you, and i did better than you in an imaginary game !!".

5/10/2013 4:18 PM (edited)
Posted by psap on 5/10/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Personally i enjoy as much creative lattitude in the game as long as it is within the rules of the game. That way everyone is governed by the same set of rules.
Whether it is within the spirit and intent of the game is irrelevant -- it is a subjective topic and therefore open to multiple interpretations.

While some players may enjoy spending two months of their lives enjoying the safety among numbers, that is a complete BORE for me.
I enjoy the chaos, deception, info/disinfo, and actively playing the game my way, rather than being an anonymous member of the peloton - to me I'd rather spend my time elsewhere -- i don't find that challenging in the least.  

Yah perhaps there are few of us who feel this way (Arfy?), but for the bottom line "how'd that work out for you?" - is not a bottom line for me.

Even if I only play slightly more than half a game is a hell of lot more fun for me than winning a popularity or trust fall contest.

No criticisms against the Pola circle-jerk you guys have going on over there - we know you guys love playing with each others junk.     ...and we all know sjurat is the one who will end up eating the cracker anyway and then thanking and praising Pola for the opportunity.

There is nothing to play for but fun here.  No million dollars nor even a complimentary WIS season.  Ifs all about fun, not "ha ha, i'm superior to you, and i did better than you in an imaginary game !!".

Safety of the numbers.......

I've been behind on the numbers since day one....   It's been NOTHING but chaos up until the last couple of votes....

Every tribe, every split.. has been some sort of crazy deception.

It's been a hell of a lot of fun for me as well... And all I'm saying is.... I didn't need a fake account to get the information and make the moves I made.
5/10/2013 4:56 PM

Safety of the numbers.......

I've been behind on the numbers since day one....   It's been NOTHING but chaos up until the last couple of votes....

Every tribe, every split.. has been some sort of crazy deception.

It's been a hell of a lot of fun for me as well... And all I'm saying is.... I didn't need a fake account to get the information and make the moves I made.
5/10/2013 4:56 PM
Can the fake account at least post in this thread what the answer to the clues for the idol was so I can sleep at night?
5/10/2013 5:02 PM

I thought we cut the communication lines to Redemption Island.
5/10/2013 5:56 PM
I can post as much as i feel like it, i just can't participate, interfere, nor influence the game at all.  Back to your tent and wait for your orders sjurat.
5/10/2013 6:33 PM
Posted by psap on 5/10/2013 6:33:00 PM (view original):
I can post as much as i feel like it, i just can't participate, interfere, nor influence the game at all.  Back to your tent and wait for your orders sjurat.
It's an easy argument to say you are influencing the game with all the posts. Giving people ideas and thoughts about the game.
5/10/2013 6:35 PM
An easy argument?  Great, make it then.
5/10/2013 7:07 PM
Round 1:

#1 polabonez (Bonezfixed) vs. #8 sjurat (Sjurat)
Game 1: Polabonez 34, Sjurat 14
Game 2: Polabonez 49, Sjurat 13
#1 Polabonez wins series 2-0

#4 mb625 (MB's Marauders) vs. #5 kneeneighbor (Knee's Survivors)
Game 1: Kneeneighbor wins by fft (MB did not use all 2012 players)
Game 2: Kneeneighbor wins by fft
#5 Kneeneighbor wins series 2-0

#2 tsut30 (Seattle Seahawks) vs. #7 shoe21 (Brady Express)
Game 1: Tsut 28, Shoe 15
Game 2: Tsut 34, Shoe 16
#2 Tsut30 wins series 2-0

#3 caesari (Caesari's) vs. #6 ahrens (Ahrens)
Game 1: Ahrens 37, Caesari 13
Game 2: Ahrens 24, Caesari 14
#6 Ahrens wins series 2-0

Round 2 will be simulated in about 30 minutes.  Do not make any changes to your teams...
5/10/2013 8:34 PM
Round 2

#1 polabonez (Bonezfixed) vs. #5 kneeneighbor (Knee's Survivors)
Game 1: kneeneighbor @ polabonez
Game 2: polabonez @ kneeneighbor
Game 3 (if necessary): kneeneighbor @ polabonez

#2 tsut30 (Seattle Seahawks) vs. #6 ahrens (Ahrens)
Game 1: ahrens @ tsut
Game 2: tsut @ ahrens
Game 3 (if necessary): ahrens @ tsut
5/10/2013 8:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...68|69|70|71|72...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.