Career Progressive Draft - 1901 Topic

Reason I ask is because it can be difficult, perhaps impossible, with such a small talent pool. As you know, when drafting in our regular leagues, pretty much every teal drafts a bunch of scrubs, then cuts them. Angel Salazar, Jack Sharrot, etc. With no duplicate players allowed, filling out your roster may/will become quite difficult for the last 8 or 10 picks. Just thought I'd bring it up now before it becomes an issue. I think the more important thing is that everyone achieve the minimum 1200 ip and 4800 pa's.
3/7/2013 9:43 PM
Short Stop.....better get ss before they all go I guess   ....Bill Dahlen
3/7/2013 11:03 PM
Elmer Flick OF
3/8/2013 7:30 AM
Guys, I will be travelling (by auto) all day tomorrow, so if my turn comes up I will not be able to pick until late in the day.
3/8/2013 2:39 PM
Well, hopefully it comes back to you by this evening so you can pick.
3/8/2013 2:41 PM
I'm in the process of setting up an ordered list of players that I'd like to draft. Since this is my first time playing with a draft I'm not sure how that will work out. But, that being said, if I can't be available when it's my turn to pick then, whoever had the next pick (which would either be magjmagj or deafheaven) can use this list to make my pick for me. As soon as I've go it done I will email it to them and will also let them know when I won't be available.
3/8/2013 4:06 PM
i would hold off on that for a little bit bnicarlson, i think you may not want to show you hand just yet and the draft isn't moving fast enough to worry about the possible delay.  plus you are on here as much as anybody else.
3/8/2013 4:16 PM
It's just a precaution that I'll use if I have to. And, I won't give them the full list just my next few picks.   :)
3/8/2013 4:21 PM
It would be nice if WIS allowed us to set up a list that could be used for an auto-draft (similar to yahoo sports) only allowing each manager to turn it on and off for live drafts. I've emailed them this recommendation before. Heard nothing back.
3/8/2013 4:26 PM
yeah.  if it creates more work, then they aren't big on it.
3/8/2013 5:07 PM
One of my crazier career draft ideas was to have everyone draft a team on their own, submit their picks, then toss out anyone chosen by more than one team.

The best draft I ever had however was for Earl Weaver Baseball on the Amiga. 12 teams. We'd go around the room and, one at a time, nominate a player to be bid on. Once you passed, you were out. If you wanted to stay in, you'd increase the bid. Ill never forget my buddy getting stuck with 2 premium second basemen because he was trying to increase the bid.

It took a looooong time. Two full days. It sure was fun though.
3/8/2013 5:30 PM
wow!!  2 days!!!

i am updating the elgible players list to include retirement year (last year active).  there should be no surprises there, just making sure we are all on the same page.  batters are done, pitchers will be soon.  quite a few guys gained 2 or more years of elgibility, while a select few lost a couple of years.  it's the only time i plan to be an authoritative commish with an iron fist.  the dates are the dates and we will be using them.  again, there should be no surprises though.  common sense stuff.
3/8/2013 5:40 PM
Thansk gigrant. I think it was a good idea to get that taken care of.
3/8/2013 5:50 PM
Bill Dinneen-P
3/8/2013 6:44 PM
Sam Leever, P.
3/8/2013 7:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...23 Next ▸
Career Progressive Draft - 1901 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.