Career Progressive Draft - 1901 Topic

Yeah the Reds Hamilton has been on my radar. What an exciting player he will be if he can get on base at a reasonable clip. I was shocked Cincy didnt call him up in Sept. last year just to use as a PR.
A lot of times speed gets overrated but Hamilton by all scouting reports is faster than anyone in recent history.
3/9/2013 12:26 AM
It's all good. Set base stealing to 5, sit back, and enjoy (for one season). It may well turn me into a win this year philosophy. Haven't decided yet.
3/9/2013 12:31 AM
as long as ey yeah's don't happen too often we'll let him play in '03.

deaf - i was thinking about a win now at one point with my late pick in the 1st round.  but i like to build.  trading picks is allowed, as long as both owners coach the following season, so maybe that's a possibility.  if you're out, deal him to a contender at the deadline for a pick.
3/9/2013 12:34 AM
read it deaf, jennings sounds like he was dizzy before dean
3/9/2013 12:34 AM
thanks gigrant. comments about future strategy makes me think of an idea to spice up future drafts and maybe make it easier to manage rosters.
3/9/2013 12:38 AM
hypothetical situation: an owner's turn comes up (or what would be his turn by standings) and there is a player available who he would like but doesn't have the cap room to draft. what if each owner had the option to drop before drafting? then the dropped player(s) would be available for subsequent drafting. each owner would have a turn to either drop and pick or pass. the draft would just go until all 12 owners pass in successsion. 
3/9/2013 12:43 AM
it would open the door for someone (not me!!) to claim people were in league with each other (dropping a guy so another could grab him).  i really don't think $$ will be an issue.  $80m goes pretty far in a career league.  i have a team right now that's active w. tim keefe & randy johnson pitching and ted williams, stan musial, & hank aaron hitting.  among others.
3/9/2013 12:47 AM
btoy - i remember when Deon Sanders was with the Braves.  good lord was he fast.  if Hamilton is as fast he'll be amazing.
3/9/2013 12:49 AM
He had 155 stolen bases last year.
3/9/2013 12:55 AM
just an idea. i was just thinking of a situation where ther might be an unanticipated upgrade to a position. that might then create an upgrade for someone else. what if you were losing a 600 pa player and no one coming in to make that up. just thought it might provide a way to manipulat a roster. i think if owner's were wanting to collude there would be a lot of other ways to do it. ah, talking collusion already, tha tdoesn't happen for another 90 years or so.
3/9/2013 1:00 AM
Yeah I don't think the cap will be an issue either. I went thru some mock drafts projecting who I wanted in each round. Even optimistically getting who I wanted while still being realistic I still had money left over.
One way Someone could hit the cap would be if they drafted a lot of high $, short career guys that might drop to the later rounds.
3/9/2013 1:01 AM
P Jesse Tannehill

be back to start round 3 in a couple minutes
3/9/2013 8:44 AM
OF Roy Thomas
3/9/2013 8:48 AM
I was just wondering if we need 200 k guys to fill out roster why not leave it up to the owner to make his own decission.  With two stipulations...1)  .player cannot be part of the current players in use and ;  2) must be a player whose home field is the one your team plays in.  It would give owners a chance to fill specific needs and pick players who they like. 

along with this I would like to see 250 K limit because if you need these additional players you likely need someone who can help you. 

We might need a rule that says when the end of draft eligible players approaches owners will have players assigned from the draft if their rosters are not up to the same point as the draft....
                               ie.  we are in round 23.   7 players reamain and 4 teams are missing a total of 7 picks   These last 7 players are assigned to those 4 teams to bring the draft to the current pick.  then from that point owners would simplily have to post who they are selecting to fill out their roster.  Some teams in this scenerio would still need 3 additional players, some 2 (rounds 24 and 25) and some teams would have already finished their draft because of previous years keeper totals.
3/9/2013 8:50 AM
Jack Powell, P
3/9/2013 10:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...23 Next ▸
Career Progressive Draft - 1901 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.