Braun/Cano/Granderson/ARod failed PED test? Topic

Posted by sergei91 on 6/5/2013 12:32:00 PM (view original):
p.s. how did convicting bonds and clemens go? nobody can 'prove' anything
Yes, this is TOTALLY the same thing as the perjury cases against those two...
6/5/2013 3:50 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 6/5/2013 3:34:00 PM (view original):
The document says
A player who tests positive for a Performance Enhancing Substance, or otherwise violates the Program through the use or possession of a Performance Enhancing Substance, will be subject to the discipline set forth below.
Obviously this will never sink in for you, but occasionally it's worth fact-checking yourself before you post...
let me know when they 'prove' that any of these guys possessed or used the stuff. all they have is the list of names and the testimony of the 'doctor'
6/5/2013 4:00 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 6/5/2013 3:50:00 PM (view original):
heresay is heresay. one person's word =/ proof. a failed test is proof. braun failed a test but got off on a technicality.
6/5/2013 4:02 PM
I supplied David Ortiz with HGH.  

There is it.  He's guilty.
6/5/2013 4:02 PM
BOOMSHALOCKALOCKA!!!
6/5/2013 4:03 PM
Posted by sergei91 on 6/5/2013 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 6/5/2013 3:50:00 PM (view original):
heresay is heresay. one person's word =/ proof. a failed test is proof. braun failed a test but got off on a technicality.

Well, you aren't describing the Bonds case at all, but whatever.

And right now we don't know what all they are going to have.  If it's just his testimony, sure, it's shaky, but if he's got legit records on selling the stuff to these guys, different story.  And there's also the fact that you're talking about criminal cases that had to be proved beyond all reasonable doubt.  That's a standard that will never be applied to this, even if it actually makes it into the courts.

6/5/2013 4:10 PM
How many BL players are going to write checks for HGH?    I don't think this dude is Victor Conte.    He's a guy running a store out of a strip mall.   Only the stupidest of the stupid will have a paper trail directly back to them.  The cousin of a friend of a distant relative bought the stuff for them.    They might have said "This is for A-Rod!!" and A-Rod may have called the clinic directly.    So you're going to need to get 3-4 people to testify.    And, as you saw with Bonds, someone will take the fall before it gets to the player.
6/5/2013 4:22 PM

I don't know what he has - no one does yet, that's my point.  If he's got nothing, then yes, this is going to wind up being paper thin.  I tend to assume that MLB wouldn't be bothering if had nothing, but who knows.

6/5/2013 4:26 PM
I'm sure he has phone records.   I'm sure he has receipts and mailing addresses.    I have to believe that they cannot be cross-referenced to prove much of anything.

Honestly, ask yourself this.    Your company has been called on the carpet by Congress regarding PED.   Your company has placed all kinds of restrictions on what you can and cannot take.  Obviously, they can't test for everything yet because your union is the most powerful around.   Do you leave a paper trail?
6/5/2013 4:32 PM
I wouldn't, but that's hardly my standard.  I mean, one of these guys is Braun, who managed to fail a test (which I think you have to be incredibly dumb to do) but got off on a technicality.  How do we know these AREN'T the dumbest of the dumb?
6/5/2013 4:36 PM
I have to think he has an advisor saying "Don't do that again, dummy."   Maybe not.

I also think MLB would have no problem chasing their tail even if they know they can't prove anything.   "Look at us!!!!  We're trying!!!!!"
6/5/2013 4:53 PM
BREWERS ARE DUMB-DUMBS
6/5/2013 5:53 PM
YE SPEELED "FAT MIDWESTERNERS" WRONG
6/5/2013 6:24 PM

MLB'ers are still people.
When you look at the person next to you at your current profession and say, "What a jack-***." They are -to a certain extent -a jackass, for whatever reason you deem.....

It is the same thing at the MLB level, but you WOULD think they have a better level of hide the night (aka advisors/in the shadow people)? RIGHT?

To prevent their indiscressions from going viral?

We all watch ESPN, we all laugh and cry when this comes up, but JESUS are these MLB'ers THAT stupid in acquiring PED's?

MikeT23 has admitted to the understanding of PED's at a personal level,,,,I have also used in my past....These guys, being SOOO high profile...Why can't they do a better job at covering their tracks?

Ban them for laziness AND stupidity..........

6/5/2013 8:09 PM
i agree this current situation is not exactly the same as clemens, bonds, mitchell report. i'm just going by the results of going after high profile mlb players in court tho. barry was convicted of a felony, i believe. but since he was out of baseball at the time and his trainer wouldn't testify against him, he basically got off with no punishment. clemens went to trial and his lawyer made mcnamee out to be a scumbag even tho he had 'proof' against clemens. clemens walked, i believe.
can bud suspend braun, arod, etc? of course he can. and if he does it will be appealed. not sure the difference between a real court case and what an arbitrator needs to make a decision, but mlb's arbitor sure screwed them in the *** with braun last time.
if it comes down to it, the pa's lawyers will paint the 'doctor' as a lying pile of **** who is only naming names because mlb promised to help him not go to jail for selling illegal drugs. he's already had an interview and denied everything, he was never a real doctor, and from what i've read he's been in trouble before with the irs, etc. not to mention he probably burned/destroyed every piece of evidence he had once mlb came a calling
6/5/2013 8:51 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Braun/Cano/Granderson/ARod failed PED test? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.