So, opinions ... Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 3/6/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarvolon on 3/6/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/6/2013 11:32:00 AM (view original):
I looked at that guy and can't figure out why he is so good offensively.    I mean 57 SPD, 82 PER, 72 BH isn't bad but I didn't think he would be 41%  on his three point attempts.
To be honest, I haven't figured it out either. But he's been doing it since his freshman year, and I keep bumping his distro, and he keeps on making shots. 

I'm still not totally sure what all goes into being a great three-point shooter, except that PER is pretty important and that playing at PG lowers your three-point percentage. 
playing at PG doesnt lower your 3pt %, in my experience.
Then would you mind hoping over into trentonjoe's spinoff thread and explain to me what the hell the (admittedly minimal) data I collected means? Because I can't make heads or tails of it. I know you've been playing (and winning) for ages, and any input would be greatly appreciated. 
3/6/2013 3:47 PM
In D3 I recently had about a 700 overall type with 85 Ath/45 Spd with both SG and SF skills.  I used him a lot at both positions and always got the impression he lived up to his ratings at SF and underperformed at SG.  I guessed it was the Spd holding him back, and I think 45ish at D3 is probably similar to 55ish at D2. 
3/6/2013 4:07 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/6/2013 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 3/6/2013 8:00:00 AM (view original):
How much can athleticism and defense make up for lack of speed at shooting guard? If you have someone who otherwise has acceptable guard stats but, say, a fifty speed, a ninety plus ath and a ninety plus defense, how much of a liability would they be defensively at sg? (D2).
a 90 ath/def 50 spd guard sounds great to me, for d2. thats not a defensive liability to any extent, my concern would definitely be more on the offensive side, specifically, if my team can shoot enough 3s with a SG like that. not knowing the rest of the ratings, i cant speak in absolutes, of course - but id consider 90/50/90 to be very very promising.
Well, he doesn't shoot threes, but unfortunately, due to potentials tapping out early on various layers, I'm going to be hurting there this season regardless. I just noticed that the guy I have playing shooting guard has fifteen points more rebounding, and was thinking about alternate lineups I could use. Just trying to expand my lineup versatility and figuring out if that was a matchup I could use at some points.
3/6/2013 5:23 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/6/2013 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Why are all those teams playing a -2 against you?    I looked at most of your losses (which is you know, why they played a -2, because it was the right call), did most teams play -'s against you?

I might need to rethink what makes a good 3 point shooter....
All the ath and speed in the world aren't going to help you if you cant shoot.
3/6/2013 9:47 PM
◂ Prev 12
So, opinions ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.