Article on MLB exploitation of DR young prospects Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I have to agree that this article is unfair to MLB.

Where would this kid have been if the Nats (or any other team) had not come calling? Likely still dead of meningitis and his family would not have anything. As tragic as it was, at least they are supported now. Could the Nats have done more? I'm sure they could have. But they still give this kid and his family more than they ever would have had otherwise.

One summer I got a job doing factory work at union pay - very good money. The next year, they were full, so I got a job with a third party containment company that went back into that same factory and did similar work at a third of the wage. I was a student so had to take the job, even though it sucked knowing I was making a third of what I was the year before at the same spot. As Mike said previously, it's all relative to your circumstances and situation. People will always pay you what they can get away with. I'm sure we could find plenty of American-born MLB players with disparities - where Players A and B are equal, but Player A was quicker to sign and Player B held out for more. As a result, comparable players making significantly different salaries.
3/9/2013 11:40 AM
◂ Prev 12
Article on MLB exploitation of DR young prospects Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.