Ncaa tournament venues Topic

What venue are you going to this year.
I'm going to 2nd and 3rd round in Auburn Hills.
I want to know where all of u guys are going to see the tournament.
3/7/2013 8:58 PM (edited)
I might take a look at tickets at the Palace of Auburn Hills, not sure what games will be there though...March 21 and 23 I think
3/7/2013 8:51 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 3/7/2013 8:51:00 PM (view original):
I might take a look at tickets at the Palace of Auburn Hills, not sure what games will be there though...March 21 and 23 I think
Michigan and Michigan state are there
3/7/2013 8:56 PM
I would guess that most people are going to see the tournament from the comfort of their living rooms. 
3/8/2013 12:43 AM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 3/8/2013 12:43:00 AM (view original):
I would guess that most people are going to see the tournament from the comfort of their living rooms. 
that's me too
3/8/2013 7:25 AM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/7/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 3/7/2013 8:51:00 PM (view original):
Michigan and Michigan state are there
there haven't been any decisions on which teams will play at any venues.

The NCAA basically seeds the top 16 teams and starting with #1 attempts to place that pod in a region close to that seeds home.
Michigan and State are both likely top 16's so there is the chance they could both end up in Aubrun Hills

If Indiana were #1 they'd possibly get put in Dayton.  But maybe the committee decides to send them to the larger venue of Auburn Hills.
Louisville could be ahead of UM and MSU but they'd probably get placed in Lexington.
Marquette also is ranked close to both and if they win the BigEast, they possibly could get one of the two Auburn Hills pods.
3/8/2013 11:31 AM
do people frequently just get tickets for a venue, and figure they will go watch anyone play? ive bought tickets trying to guess where UK would go (bad idea, guessed wrong, had to sell em), but other than, the only time i went somewhere UK wasnt playing, was to watch butler play in the championship in indianapolis, as it was only an hour or so away. we had tickets hoping UK would make it, or i probably wouldnt have went. i guess it would be fun, but i wouldnt think it would be a regular thing... just going to see any random people play. just wondering if many others do that.

side note - buying NCAA tickets for the final game is a HORRIBLE value. you can easily get tickets at the game for about 30 bucks. really my experience is such that i wont even consider buying tickets for any bball games anymore, not online, its such a rip off. scalpers are seemingly always cheaper. sometimes the first game of the 2 games (or first session of the two) is about comparable, but then you save huge on the second session, and can get some banging seats, especially if you are sitting near fans of the other team.
3/8/2013 12:52 PM
I live about 30-45 minutes away from the Palace, so yes I'm intrigued by the fact that the tournament will be there, regardless of who's playing...something to do, watch your bracket unfold live, say you were there.
3/8/2013 1:04 PM
If a team is a 4 seed or lower and the site is in their state but not in their actual city then they will get that venue. So basically Michigan and Michigan State are in Auburn Hills. I dont care who plays just love watching NCAA tournament.
3/8/2013 3:02 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 3/8/2013 3:02:00 PM (view original):
If a team is a 4 seed or lower and the site is in their state but not in their actual city then they will get that venue. So basically Michigan and Michigan State are in Auburn Hills. I dont care who plays just love watching NCAA tournament.
If the home state rule is in effect, then it's new this year.
It starts with the pods of the #1 seeds and works it's way down.

If Toledo were the overall #1 they could end up in Auburn Hills even though another venue of Dayton is in their state.

Just looking back at the past 4-5 years there's usually one every few years that breaks the home state rule.
#2 Duke going to DC rather than Raleigh
#3 UNC going to Dayton rather than Greensboro
#4 Xavier going to Boise rather than Dayton
#3 Missouri going to Boise rather than Kansas City

3/8/2013 3:59 PM
I've only been to tournament games once, but it was a tremendous experience. Was living in Boston at the time and got tickets to see the first and second rounds at the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence. Saw the following games: 

14 Ohio over 3 Georgetown
6 Tennessee over 11 San Diego State
10 St. Mary's over 2 Villanova
6 Tennessee over 14 Ohio
3/8/2013 4:14 PM
I went to the 2007 Final Four.  Florida's second National Championship.  It was fun, but I would rather watch it on my HDTV any day.

What I do know is the first two days of the tourney is my favorite time in sports.

12's beating 5's
13's beating 4's
14's beating 3's
15's beating 2's

I don't remember who it was, but a #1 seed got a really good scare last year.  And this year, there's no dominate favorite like Kentucky last year.  It's a crap shoot on who's going to win.  Should be fun.

3/8/2013 4:38 PM
I REMEMBER! 

I had a pool with a buddy last year where we each got one of each seed. When it got time to pick 16's, I went hard for UNC-Asheville and said JP Primm was going to lead them over Syracuse and all the way. The first part damn near happened too. UNCA started fading late, and a really, really terribly horrible call went against them in the closing minutes. 
3/8/2013 5:42 PM
A few thoughts:

I agree - I'd rather sit at home and watch all day in hopes of catching the 15 over 2.

Also, if you can't make the first game of the session, fans of the first game will often leave and sell their tickets (~$5-10). This was true back a few years ago, and the arena allowed for reentry...but this could make for a fun time.

3/9/2013 12:46 AM
im going to round 2 in the wells fargo center in philly
3/9/2013 8:35 PM
12 Next ▸
Ncaa tournament venues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.