Lost My School - Question Topic

Here's my irrelevant suggestion for cbg: create another account with the username "tl;dr" and post a two sentence summation after each of your main posts.  You're exhausting!
3/10/2013 1:28 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 3/9/2013 11:25:00 PM (view original):
I love the fact that he forgot to/didn't renew his team is the last thing anyone wants to talk about/address here, and it's the #1 reason we're here talking about this...just absolutely unbelievable...
Because that really has nothing to do with the discussion.  Is anyone arguing that he shouldn't have renewed during the season?
3/10/2013 6:43 PM
My point is, if he renewed his team, there's no discussion to be had.  Nobody had brought up anything like this to date, so it makes the argument/debate for special considerations to "returning" coaches look like it's a case of sour grapes.  If he feels that his resume wasn't properly weighted/reviewed, then he should send a ticket...again I disagree with the special considerations/inside edge stance.

EDIT: After reviewing ARomano's post on page 3, apparently he did send a ticket, WIS said that the other guy had a better resume (I'm assuming because they don't want to make a big deal/mess of this for themselves), and they probably won't change their process, especially after a response like that...so again...not to be a dick, but I'm not sure why we're still talking about this. 

He lost his job, he applied for it back, he lost the re-application, he appealed to WIS, and he lost the appeal.  Renew your team on time, and if you get lost in the fold because you have 10 teams, well then who's responsibility is that?

3/10/2013 7:48 PM (edited)
And you're still missing the point...
3/10/2013 8:44 PM
No, we have a difference of opinion...you think the "returning" coach should get precedence in the job hiring process and I don't.  As far as the other circumstance goes, it's been resolved, ARomano questioned WIS asking if it was a fair process, they said it was, that part of the story is done, and the other is a matter of preference, so this is effectively finished.

Again, had he renewed his team, nobody says a peep about anything.

3/10/2013 9:07 PM
Posted by ARomano on 3/10/2013 4:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 3/10/2013 12:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by coach_billyg on 3/10/2013 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 3/9/2013 11:25:00 PM (view original):
I love the fact that he forgot to/didn't renew his team is the last thing anyone wants to talk about/address here, and it's the #1 reason we're here talking about this...just absolutely unbelievable...
i dont know about you, but the rest of us ARE addressing that he didnt renew his team. more accurately, how that situation should/could be handled. the last thing anyone wants to talk about/address?? i dont see where you are coming from on that, not at all, to be totally honest.
Why does there need to be a fail safe for a process that's already over a month long and is constantly reminding the user to renew?  He forgot to renew, he lost his team, case closed, do it right next time.
I have a team in all 10 Worlds and quickly go through each one daily (or twice in those 3) and don't even notice the reminders.  In any event, I know, obviously, it's my fault and accept it.  I still think I should have gotten the team back based on resumes.  After a ticket they said he had 22 successful seasons at Ok State.  I had 17 at Miami, a National Championship, not one a losing season and only 1 in which I was in the PIT - all others in the NT, and another 19 at Colorado and Long Island (including a NCOY at Colorado).  Kimball had 2 losing seasons at Ok St, 5 seasons out of the NT and 2 completely out of the post-season, and in my opinion most importantly, No National Championship.  How is that better?  Again, in any event, I look forward to winning a Title at OK State.
i thought only the last 10 seasons or so mattered? or did i just make that up, i really cant remember what seble said about what he did when he recently changed the job/resume stuff for d1.
3/11/2013 3:03 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 3/10/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
My point is, if he renewed his team, there's no discussion to be had.  Nobody had brought up anything like this to date, so it makes the argument/debate for special considerations to "returning" coaches look like it's a case of sour grapes.  If he feels that his resume wasn't properly weighted/reviewed, then he should send a ticket...again I disagree with the special considerations/inside edge stance.

EDIT: After reviewing ARomano's post on page 3, apparently he did send a ticket, WIS said that the other guy had a better resume (I'm assuming because they don't want to make a big deal/mess of this for themselves), and they probably won't change their process, especially after a response like that...so again...not to be a dick, but I'm not sure why we're still talking about this. 

He lost his job, he applied for it back, he lost the re-application, he appealed to WIS, and he lost the appeal.  Renew your team on time, and if you get lost in the fold because you have 10 teams, well then who's responsibility is that?

im not sure if its because you are from a lower life form or something? but after 5 pages, im not seeing how you can't seem to grasp this simple fact - EVERYONE KNOWS that if he renewed, theres no discussion to be had, about his team at least. people from a species of higher life forms known as humans got that from the first post, and are trying to have a conversation about the greater issue, not tied to his team, about if there is anything that could be done to make the situation better. and even in that context, EVERYONE KNOWS if you renew, there is no problem. so when you say, "im not sure why were still talking about this", i can tell you for certain, its not because people fail to grasp the simple concept of a renewal. its because some people are trying to have a conversation a little more advanced, not much more, just a little, than if he should have renewed or not (which clearly, he should have). nobody is saying its not the original coaches fault. nobody is saying they are entitled to anything. people are trying to explore if there is anything that could be done, not because it HAS to be done, not because its the HD staff's responsibility, but for the same reason most of these issues are discussed - because there may be potential for a better experience, or a better understanding of the view points of others.

alternatively, the reason this conversation has continued it because some people, myself included, enjoy arguing with you - however pointless it may be :)
3/11/2013 3:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Lost My School - Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.