ODL SEASON XLII (FULL) wait list Topic

Posted by tadmand on 3/12/2013 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Seapilot, Thanks for quick reply. So, building a team is similar to what we typically do except we pick a player in the serpentine and then decide which of his years to use on our roster.  Is that right?  I imagine that many an owners plans go astray when his needed player is picked ahead of him.  Seems like fun.  Count me in.
Great to have you Tadmand.  remember salary cap is $47M.  Sitting on 20 and moving fast........
3/12/2013 11:09 PM
I'm in
3/13/2013 12:55 AM
Closer to 24 please. I think that gin and eleibowitz were in the finals last season. 
3/13/2013 1:51 AM
Posted by natenoy on 3/12/2013 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Ok, I have some unfinished business with a few guys here, so I'm back in.

Not sure if you are trying to recreate the playoffs for slotting or not. What I know for sure is this:

R1 East 4/5 natenoy over bluenote75
R2 East 1/4 natenoy over vancem
R3 East 2/4 natenoy over tarheel1991
Finals eleibowitz over natenoy

99% sure eleibowitz defeated ncmusician_7 in the West to reach the finals

Is tar in yet btw? Should save him a spot or sm him if not, a title and a final-4 in the last two, so I'd assume he'd be playing again.
Yeah I beat ncmusician in the conference finals, but I don't remember the other games..
3/13/2013 5:33 AM
Posted by seapilots on 3/12/2013 9:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tadmand on 3/12/2013 4:51:00 PM (view original):
Seapilot,
Couple of questions:
1) Could Jordan, for instance, be playing for two teams.....using different seasons of Jordan?
2) I assume that once you get 24 owners signed up, you then determine and publish the order of draft?
3) Just roughly, how much time is typically needed to make a selection?  Seems it could take a while with people working for a living (unlike myself).

I will let you know about signing up but it does sound interesting.
Thank you
1) drafted players are exclusive to that team. (you can use any yr. of players career or trade 'em)
    You can trade draft picks for current season only.  All teams MUST draft 7 players in 6 rounds.
2) see rule 7. (new owners will be random & choose from available slots) draft will take place in theme forum and 
    will be posted as soon league is full.
3) Off The Clock is unlimited (I do get grumpy after waiting 48 hrs. for a selection)
    On The Clock schedule will be sm'd to all owners.
    With only 6 Rds. would like it to be entirely Off The Clock. 
    Probably will go On The Clock 2nd or 3rd Rd. (OTC @ 1 HR. intervals)

tadmand I've played in open leagues with you (a few moons ago) and I believe you'd thrive in the ODL. 
It's usually filled with elite owners. Which explains my 29 win season 41! 
Thanks   
ps - draft is serpentine ABABAB* (owner with first overall pick also has last pick in draft) 6th Rd. 2 picks per owner
*corrected
So if i understand correctly, you only draft 7 players, so the final 5 spots can be filled with any player with the only cavat being that your drafted players must start and play the most min. Is that correct?
3/13/2013 6:10 AM
drichar138
Yes that's pretty much it. Your 5 undrafted players cannot be an exclusive player already drafted.
an alpha list will be started when the draft begins.  Alpha players are exclusive. All non drafted
players can appear on any roster. No clones on your roster.
3) Must start 5 of your 7 picks.
You can't draft a player and just sit them on the bench.  You can still use them
as a platoon players as long as they're getting the majority of minutes.
ex. player A (PF/SF) is 32 Min/G
PF projected mins. 22
then
SF projected mins. 10
he's playing his full projected mins. but don't have to be a one pos. it all depends how you'd like
to build your team.
League rules state at the end of regular season your top 5 players must have played the most minutes.
This eliminates purposely losing for a top draft pick next season.  Also playing players WILDLY out of
position is not allowed. (Tanking) 
ex. C 100% playing PG 75% and vise aversa.
Give your best effort to win every game is the expectation for this league.
Hope this helps if not there aree other players who may give a better explanation.

3/13/2013 9:38 AM (edited)
I'm in again - sorry for delay.
3/13/2013 9:28 AM
Getting close.  great to see you 98average & tarheel!  Only 2 to go.
3/13/2013 10:00 AM (edited)
I believe that the playoff finish that you is correct eleibowitz.
3/13/2013 10:15 AM
Posted by seapilots on 3/13/2013 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vancem on 3/13/2013 1:51:00 AM (view original):
Closer to 24 please. I think that gin and eleibowitz were in the finals last season. 
forgive me but I'll need some clarification on what you mean by closer to 24.
As I read rule 7 each owner has a slot selection according to previous season
finish and new owners have slot selection last.  Are you asking for 24 as a slot
selection or as a draft position?
Am I wrong but does owner with first slot selection choose any draft position 1 - 24.
Lowest record from previous season has priority.

An example would be if Jethoreg had the worst record and wanted slot #24 he'd say closer to 24 and therefore the 24th slot is his.

If I have the second worst record and say closer to 24, I would then take slot #23

If the third worst record said closer to 1st he would gain the 1st overall choice.

Returning owners have the option of closer to 1, 12 or 24. The new owners get plugged in accordingly after that, they can obviously have the option as well, but returning owners have first choice.
3/13/2013 2:13 PM
Thanks evil. I'm up to speed on this now.  Will need to send sm out because only have 4 who've
expressed a preference.
3/13/2013 2:18 PM
closer to 24 plz
3/13/2013 2:45 PM
closer to 1
3/13/2013 3:04 PM
closer to 24
3/13/2013 3:07 PM
closer to 1.
3/13/2013 3:09 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
ODL SEASON XLII (FULL) wait list Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.