NFL Offseason Thread Topic

they also could have taken cutler.  I think you are underselling Huff a bit.  He is a quality mid-tier FS.  Not a world beater, but will do the job fine.  And frankly, it is a testament to his talent how well he has played in Oakland.  What with the new coaching staff every year, him going from SS to FS to CB last year, etc.  Huff was a very good signing by Baltimore, but as I said is clear downgrade from Reed (of course the Ravens signed Huff to a total contract price that was barely more than the 1 year price on Reed).
3/28/2013 12:25 PM
If I'm underselling him, it's because I've watched every game he's played. He's not that good.
3/28/2013 12:39 PM
I'm OK admitting that my view on him is skewed when looking thru silver and black glasses.   Huff started a series of draft picks that could have been much better.

Leinart instead of Huff.   Leinart sucks(was on the Raiders last season) but......
Calvin Johnson is taken instead of Russell because it would have taken more than a season to determine Leinart sucks.
McFadden, despite being hurt more than an angst-ridden 13 y/o girl, is still a good pick.  But, with Megatron on the team, we don't take.....
Darius Heyward-Bey.   No idea who we would have gotten but I could live with DMcF and CJ as skill position players.

So, yeah, if Huff doesn't make all-pro every year on his way to the HOF, he sucks.
3/28/2013 12:44 PM
The drafting of Huff had nothing to do with the drafting of Russell.
3/28/2013 1:11 PM
Posted by The Taint on 3/28/2013 12:39:00 PM (view original):
If I'm underselling him, it's because I've watched every game he's played. He's not that good.
mid-tier FS.  There are starting FS' that are much worse than he is.
3/28/2013 1:12 PM
Posted by moranis on 3/28/2013 1:11:00 PM (view original):
I guess you weren't good at connect the dots.

Please provide an example of a team that drafted a QB at #7 in one year and another QB at #1 the next season.

Thanks in advance.
3/28/2013 1:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/28/2013 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 3/28/2013 1:11:00 PM (view original):
I guess you weren't good at connect the dots.

Please provide an example of a team that drafted a QB at #7 in one year and another QB at #1 the next season.

Thanks in advance.
No I'm saying that drafting Huff didn't mean the Raiders had to be morons and draft Russell. 
3/28/2013 1:52 PM
Nor did they have to be morons and draft Huff.    Overall #7?   Bullshit.  But, if they waste that pick on Leinart, they don't waste the next one on Russell.
3/28/2013 2:32 PM
Huff started 93 games in 7 seasons for the Raiders.  It wasn't like he was a wash-out.  He was a good player.  Of course there were better players taken after him, that happens every year, but he wasn't a bust.  I mean had the Raiders taken Ngata that year and then still taken Russell the following year, would you be blaming Ngata for the Raiders' idiocy. 
3/28/2013 3:43 PM
Well, taint and I are probably the only two people on earth who watch the Raiders.  taint says he's not a good player because he's not a good player.   I say he's not a good player but am willing to admit I might be a little harsh on him due to other reasons.   He was inconsistent.  That's a fact. 
3/28/2013 3:52 PM
Hearing rumors here in Seattle that Matt Flynn is headed to the Raiders via trade.  Ed Werder at ESPN just says a Flynn trade is imminent, without naming the team involved.
3/29/2013 5:18 PM
Romo 6 yr, 108 million extension
3/29/2013 6:08 PM
He had a good year a few years ago...2010 maybe? He's decent in coverage, slightly above average against the run.....he's a starter on a bad team. Gets beat for big plays. They had him out of position for most of last year. No coaching stability.....maybe, but I really don't see it.
3/30/2013 2:46 AM
Posted by moranis on 3/29/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Romo 6 yr, 108 million extension
Over/Under on # of years before they cut him to terminate the contract?
I say 2...
3/30/2013 10:37 PM
Romo isn't the terrible QB so many people are making him out to be.

QBs get over rated when they win, particularly in the post season or Super Bowl, and under rated when they don't - and this fits with how people are viewing Romo.

All it will take is one good postseason and Romo will be golden, particularly if the team wins the Super Bowl.

4/1/2013 11:03 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13 Next ▸
NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.