NFL Offseason Thread Topic

He should be, especially if he structured his own deal to free up money for other players. $6M a year is a monster bargain for a guy like Welker
3/13/2013 5:48 PM
Posted by moranis on 3/13/2013 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Welker 2 yrs, 12 million TOTAL to the Broncos.  Ridiculous.  What the hell was the rest of the league doing?  Brady is apparently extremely ******.
There's no assurances that the Broncos were the highest bidder. We dunno if some crap team was offering more and Welker told them to pack sand.

That being said this an a steal for the Broncos. I can imagine you'll see dozens of articles over the internet saying that other white WR can fill in for Welker nicely.
3/13/2013 5:59 PM
I've already seen a few message boards flooded with "we don't need Welker to win" from Pats fans. Probably half the reason he left that crap hole
3/13/2013 6:02 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/13/2013 6:02:00 PM (view original):
I've already seen a few message boards flooded with "we don't need Welker to win" from Pats fans. Probably half the reason he left that crap hole
240 catches over 2 years is kind of hard to replace, don't you think?
3/13/2013 7:43 PM
isn't it possible to appreciate Welker for how much he has meant to this franchise, yet also firmly believe that this team can and will still win without him?

how many Super Bowls has this team won with Wes Welker on the team?  Winning is possible without him......he was great here, but New England does not go into the tank from here.....

as it turns out, this contract signing was supposed to be announced yesterday, but Wes kept dropping the pen......
3/13/2013 11:31 PM
Yeah, I hear Heyward-Bey is going to go over and save Brady's bacon.  Biz told me.
3/14/2013 12:07 AM
Broncos sign Rodgers-Cromartie. Just need Freeney now.
3/14/2013 12:13 AM
Posted by edsortails on 3/13/2013 11:31:00 PM (view original):
isn't it possible to appreciate Welker for how much he has meant to this franchise, yet also firmly believe that this team can and will still win without him?

how many Super Bowls has this team won with Wes Welker on the team?  Winning is possible without him......he was great here, but New England does not go into the tank from here.....

as it turns out, this contract signing was supposed to be announced yesterday, but Wes kept dropping the pen......
Gisele?  Is that you?
3/14/2013 8:42 AM
BTW, the Raiders have signed Pat Sims, Jason Hunter and Kaluka Maiava.    The fanbase is abuzz.
3/14/2013 8:48 AM
Welker to Broncos is a good fit.   Manning can't throw the ball 20 yards and Welker has never ran a route over 10.    Manning will say "Go deep" and Welker will run a 12 yard out for a perfect completion.
3/14/2013 8:53 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 3/13/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Fair enough.

I like the Reggie Bush to Lions signing.
I think Bush will be good in DET.  With Megatron taking 2-3 guys, Bush should have the a lot of open space.  Good signing.
3/14/2013 10:26 AM
Posted by edsortails on 3/13/2013 11:31:00 PM (view original):

Bingo!
3/14/2013 10:28 AM
Brady is apparently extremely ******.

He should be.

Brady has lost his number one target and the guy who has bailed him out and made him look far better than he is for many years now.

On top of that, Welker is going to the Broncos, where he'll get passes from Peyton Manning. It's quite likely both Manning and Welker will be even better for it, thereby showing how much talent and ability they both have. When Brady struggles compared with this season, it'll show how much others like Welker make him look good and he takes all the credit because he is the QB.

In short, it's perfect. Next year no one with even half a brain will dare to argue against me when I point out how over rated Brady is. Unless the Pats go out and get some major upgrades at receiver, the real Brady - an above average but far from great QB - will begin to show.

*grins and strums fingers like Mr. Burns*

Excellent...
3/14/2013 11:59 AM
Brady will not suffer. The Pats offense will though.
3/14/2013 12:12 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/14/2013 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Brady will not suffer. The Pats offense will though.
If ya say so....
3/14/2013 1:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.