Will I need a 12th pitcher? Topic

+1
3/14/2013 12:19 AM
Posted by cdc80uf on 3/13/2013 5:43:00 PM (view original):
You current pitchers pitched about 1400 innings last year...While your team had 1467 innings last season and 1437 the year before...You would need career years as far as innings pitched out of your entire staff (without any injuries/ 47 and 53 health pitchers are a worry) to not need a 12th...
Incorrect.  He just needs to make it to roster expansion.   Not saying he can but he doesn't need 1450ish to start the season.
3/14/2013 8:19 AM
I slept on it, and I'm going to call up the pitcher.  Thanks for all the input.
3/14/2013 9:22 AM
It's still correct because you would still be calling up a 12th or more to absorb the innings late in the year...I was stating what it would take for his current 11 to handle the ENTIRE season, ser.
3/14/2013 1:01 PM
Well, it's correct if you don't understand the effects of roster expansion.    But that's not worth arguing over.   You either do or you don't and, it seems to me, that you're going to stick with your POV.
3/14/2013 1:49 PM

I always lean towards the extra pitcher, if only to keep my GOOD pitchers fresh for the closing run.  While MIke is right about roster expansion, it also presumes that you're OK with throwing AAAA pitchers during the pennant race.  If you have decent position players, you're almost always better off giving that 25th slot to an additional pitcher.  If you have low STA/DUR or injury prone position players, well, then that's a different story.

3/14/2013 6:35 PM
◂ Prev 12
Will I need a 12th pitcher? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.