SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

Posted by 05nomar05 on 3/19/2013 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 3/19/2013 12:21:00 PM (view original):
nomar,

Your videos included in the posts serve only to emphasize how much you over rate Brady. You claim they show something and then that's not what they show at all.

In one you say "Brady under pressure" and yet no one is near Brady. In another you say he's displaying arm strength and accuracy, but there is no pressure and it's a throw any decent NFL QB should make.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say people like you make his routine plays into some kind of grand accomplishment, and when enough people buy into the hype from this kind of thing, it's made him incredibly over rated.

As for the super bowl throw, it would have been an exceptional catch if Welker makes it, and it would have been yet another time someone bailed out Brady after he choked. I'm sure you all would have given Brady every bit of credit for it too, even though he screwed up the throw in the first place.

Welker could have caught it, but he shouldn't have been expected to catch it. The throw was off the mark,and Welker had to jump awkwardly to even attempt to grab it.

Stop making excuses for Brady and accept the fact that he choked away yet another Super Bowl victory.

Thought your dumbassary was done here?!?!

There's Tom Brady

There's Joe Montana

Those are the only 2 possibilities for "greatest QB ever".
3/19/2013 4:27 PM
And an NFL receiver should make that catch THAT WELKER DROPPED
3/19/2013 4:28 PM
No one is saying he shouldn't.   I'm just saying it wasn't a good pass.   But, in the NFL, if it hits your hands, catch it.
3/19/2013 5:07 PM
To put it another way, it's often said about certain QBs that they throw a "very catchable pass".    It means the velocity and accuracy are dead on and don't lead the WR into trouble.   Favre had trouble with velocity.   A lot of QBs have trouble with accuracy.  Some throw wobblers(like PManning last year).   And some put the WR in harm's way.   That was not a "very catchable pass".  
3/19/2013 5:52 PM
Look at how accurate Tom Brady is! (for everyone except biz, since he doesn't watch videos).

www.youtube.com/watch
3/20/2013 9:01 AM
Nice video!

Nope...didn't hit a nerve bis.  Funny that when i call you a moron, dumbass, douche...somehow you think you got the better of me.  Dude, it's the internet.  

Dumbass.
3/20/2013 9:21 AM
There's Tom Brady There's Joe Montana Those are the only 2 possibilities for "greatest QB ever".
Now all you need to do is add Terry Bradshaw and you've got the trifecta of QBs who are over rated due to Super Bowl rings. Montana is the most deserving of the three by far, but even he is somewhat over rated by the Super Bowl success.

No one is saying he shouldn't.   I'm just saying it wasn't a good pass.   But, in the NFL, if it hits your hands, catch it.
Sure. Also, if you are an NFL QB and your receiver is open like that, hit him in the chest with it instead of making him jump for it.
Nope...didn't hit a nerve bis.  Funny that when i call you a moron, dumbass, douche...somehow you think you got the better of me.  Dude, it's the internet.  Dumbass.
You called me names and refused to address the evidence I presented against your hero. You're in complete denial because I absolutely hit a nerve - a big one by the sounds of it.

For the record, I got the better of you long before you decided to hurl lame insults my way. You're just confirming it (along with the fact that you're either under 15 years old or wish you were) when you show how little ability you have to engage in real intelligent discourse by posting those lame insult attempts.

Go back to the playground, junior. Maybe there it will mean something when you call someone names. On here it just makes you look like a fool.
3/20/2013 2:14 PM
Biz also refuses to address the evidence I present against Aaron Rodgers being a great QB in the Pats-Ravens point spread thread.  Makes sense, as my argument is bulletproof.  
3/20/2013 2:37 PM
I addressed what you had to say about Rodgers.

I won't say any more about Rodgers until someone tells me about a play Brady has made that is supposed to be great in which Brady shows some sort of actual skill of his own.

3/20/2013 3:02 PM
You did not.  There are unaddressed comments.

I'll take your unwillingness to discuss Rodgers as an inability to address my points successfully.

3/20/2013 3:06 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/20/2013 2:14:00 PM (view original):
There's Tom Brady There's Joe Montana Those are the only 2 possibilities for "greatest QB ever".
Now all you need to do is add Terry Bradshaw and you've got the trifecta of QBs who are over rated due to Super Bowl rings. Montana is the most deserving of the three by far, but even he is somewhat over rated by the Super Bowl success.

Sure. Also, if you are an NFL QB and your receiver is open like that, hit him in the chest with it instead of making him jump for it.
Nope...didn't hit a nerve bis.  Funny that when i call you a moron, dumbass, douche...somehow you think you got the better of me.  Dude, it's the internet.  Dumbass.
You called me names and refused to address the evidence I presented against your hero. You're in complete denial because I absolutely hit a nerve - a big one by the sounds of it.

For the record, I got the better of you long before you decided to hurl lame insults my way. You're just confirming it (along with the fact that you're either under 15 years old or wish you were) when you show how little ability you have to engage in real intelligent discourse by posting those lame insult attempts.

Go back to the playground, junior. Maybe there it will mean something when you call someone names. On here it just makes you look like a fool.
Hahaha!!! Yeah...you got the better of me!  Grrr!!!

The thing is bis...you've never once given any shred of evidence to why/how Brady is overrated.  All you've stated is a cloudy perspective of what you "see". 

Denial?  Nerve?  Better of me?  Jesus dude, get over yourself.

Everyone here thinks you are a fool that knows diddlypoo about the game of football.

There's no intelligent banter with you.  You know...since you don't watch videos, acknowledge stats, or even see things clearly.

So, go ahead and believe that you're the almighty know it all of football.
3/20/2013 4:59 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/20/2013 3:02:00 PM (view original):
I addressed what you had to say about Rodgers.

I won't say any more about Rodgers until someone tells me about a play Brady has made that is supposed to be great in which Brady shows some sort of actual skill of his own.

This is impossible, unless Brady breaks free and evades 11 tacklers on his way to a 99 yard TD run. Any great play of his, you simply write it off as the success of the other player involved. If he makes a great pass, it wasn't great - the receiver just helped him out. And yet if Brees or Manning makes a similar pass, it's evidence of their greatness.

You're nothing but a trolling hypocrite. Try developing a consistent set of standards for all QBs. Then maybe people will listen to what you have to say.
3/20/2013 9:52 PM
You did not.  There are unaddressed comments. I'll take your unwillingness to discuss Rodgers as an inability to address my points successfully.

When you address my request for a specific play showing Brady's supposed skills, I'll consider your request.
The thing is bis...you've never once given any shred of evidence to why/how Brady is overrated.  All you've stated is a cloudy perspective of what you "see".
Wrong. I've offered plenty of evidence you either didn't see to begin with (not a major shock) or are ignoring (again, not a shock).

I'm also offering you or anyone else the chance to show me a play where Brady supposedly demonstrates skills associated with great QBs when he is under pressure. Your attempts thus far have been terrible in this regard.
Instead of telling me to "get over" myself when all I'm doing is telling it like it is, maybe you should focus your energy on attempting to put some semblance of intelligent thought into your posts rather than just attacking whoever you disagree with and hurling childish insults.
Everyone here thinks you are a fool that knows diddlypoo about the game of football.
Don't try to tell me what anyone thinks but you. As for what you think, you're an immature fool, so I don't care.
This is impossible, unless Brady breaks free and evades 11 tacklers on his way to a 99 yard TD run. Any great play of his, you simply write it off as the success of the other player involved. If he makes a great pass, it wasn't great - the receiver just helped him out. And yet if Brees or Manning makes a similar pass, it's evidence of their greatness.
I don't "simply write it off". I give every play described consideration, because I honestly want to see if anyone can accomplish this.

Having said that, I won't indulge in the hype at all and will tell it like it is. Don't get angry when I have the nerve to stand up against the hype from the masses.

I look at all QBs equally as well, yet you want to blame me for Brady's lack of skills compared with truly great QBs, as though I'm somehow making it up when it's right there in his play on the field.
You're nothing but a trolling hypocrite. Try developing a consistent set of standards for all QBs. Then maybe people will listen to what you have to say.
First, there is no trolling. I am sincere in what I post and am only looking for intelligent discussion (though it appears it is difficult to find such a thing among majority opinion bullies).

Second, I DO have a consistent set of standards for all QBs. You only THINK I don't because it doesn't agree with your own opinion, but it doesn't have to do that. My standards are based on the actual skills demonstrated by QBs on the playing field.

Just because I dare to point out that hype has made a player seem greater than he is, you want to act like I treat him with different standards - BUT I DON'T.  Maybe it's not me "rigging" the standards against him - maybe he just doesn't measure up.

3/21/2013 12:20 PM
*yawn*

Next.
3/21/2013 12:28 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/21/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):
You did not.  There are unaddressed comments. I'll take your unwillingness to discuss Rodgers as an inability to address my points successfully.

When you address my request for a specific play showing Brady's supposed skills, I'll consider your request.
Wrong. I've offered plenty of evidence you either didn't see to begin with (not a major shock) or are ignoring (again, not a shock).

I'm also offering you or anyone else the chance to show me a play where Brady supposedly demonstrates skills associated with great QBs when he is under pressure. Your attempts thus far have been terrible in this regard.
Instead of telling me to "get over" myself when all I'm doing is telling it like it is, maybe you should focus your energy on attempting to put some semblance of intelligent thought into your posts rather than just attacking whoever you disagree with and hurling childish insults.
Don't try to tell me what anyone thinks but you. As for what you think, you're an immature fool, so I don't care.
I don't "simply write it off". I give every play described consideration, because I honestly want to see if anyone can accomplish this.

Having said that, I won't indulge in the hype at all and will tell it like it is. Don't get angry when I have the nerve to stand up against the hype from the masses.

I look at all QBs equally as well, yet you want to blame me for Brady's lack of skills compared with truly great QBs, as though I'm somehow making it up when it's right there in his play on the field.
First, there is no trolling. I am sincere in what I post and am only looking for intelligent discussion (though it appears it is difficult to find such a thing among majority opinion bullies).

Second, I DO have a consistent set of standards for all QBs. You only THINK I don't because it doesn't agree with your own opinion, but it doesn't have to do that. My standards are based on the actual skills demonstrated by QBs on the playing field.

Just because I dare to point out that hype has made a player seem greater than he is, you want to act like I treat him with different standards - BUT I DON'T.  Maybe it's not me "rigging" the standards against him - maybe he just doesn't measure up.

Please elaborate on the standards that you have. Without mentioning Brady, tell us specifically what it is you look for when evaluating a QB.
3/21/2013 12:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...23 Next ▸
SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.