SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

Most good QBs have a "safety valve". Dallas Clark/Brandon Stokely ring any bells?
3/14/2013 3:03 PM
You keep calling him a "safety valve" which makes me think you don't know how football works.  

Your assumption that this Welker/Amendola guy is also always so wide open for Brady is also false.  You watch every Pats game, you know that's not true.
So wait - Peyton will be better with Welker, but Welker was just a safety valve who made Brady better than he is?

Welker is a great slot receiver, so of course he'll help Peyton be better. He made Brady look a lot better than he actually was.
You destroy your credibility because the arguments you use against Brady are the same ones you use in favour if other QBs.

Not true at all.

I argue that other QBs considered great have skills and abilities that back up those claims to greatness, while Brady does not.
"I argue that other QBs considered great have skills and abilities that back up those claims to greatness, while Brady does not. "

I disagree! What do you base this statement on?
3/14/2013 3:04 PM
His own warped perception
3/14/2013 3:05 PM
Most good QBs have a "safety valve". Dallas Clark/Brandon Stokely ring any bells?

Yeah, sure. The funny thing is that Welker's number of receptions are insanely high for one guy - because he gets open and Brady targets him since Brady doesn't want to make plays down the field (I argue its because he doesn't have the skill to make those plays).
You keep calling him a "safety valve" which makes me think you don't know how football works. 
I'm not going to launch into a debate over semantics involving the technical meaning of football terms. The idea is that Welker got open and gave Brady an option he often needed, and without that option Brady wouldn't look so "great" after all.
Your assumption that this Welker/Amendola guy is also always so wide open for Brady is also false.  You watch every Pats game, you know that's not true.
No one is always open. Still, the numbers don't lie, and they say Brady threw the ball to Welker a great deal (look at his reception totals). If the Pats can't find someone to get open at least close to as often as Welker did, Brady will struggle, and I'll be glad when he does.
3/14/2013 3:10 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/14/2013 3:04:00 PM (view original):
"I argue that other QBs considered great have skills and abilities that back up those claims to greatness, while Brady does not. "

3/14/2013 3:12 PM

Brady's play on the field.

I've said it over and over, named many skills he doesn't possess and compared him to someone who is considered "great" who DOES possess that same skill, and no one has yet made a successful argument against it. All you do is insist he does have some of the skills and provide nothing to show it.

I even listed examples of plays made by other QBs that showed their skills, yet no one could offer a single description of one Brady play where HE made the play (not someone else bailing him out, not a blown defense, not a bad call, etc.).

If you want to disagree, go ahead. Describe a play Brady made himself and tell me how it shows his skills.
3/14/2013 3:14 PM
Biz, I stick with my assessment of you as a troll.

What would you rather have from a QB:

23/37, 370 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INT, 3 sacks

30/35, 280 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INT, 1 sack
3/14/2013 3:17 PM
And that's being generous. Even with all his "short" passes, Brady is usually over 300
3/14/2013 3:18 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/14/2013 3:14:00 PM (view original):

Brady's play on the field.

I've said it over and over, named many skills he doesn't possess and compared him to someone who is considered "great" who DOES possess that same skill, and no one has yet made a successful argument against it. All you do is insist he does have some of the skills and provide nothing to show it.

I even listed examples of plays made by other QBs that showed their skills, yet no one could offer a single description of one Brady play where HE made the play (not someone else bailing him out, not a blown defense, not a bad call, etc.).

If you want to disagree, go ahead. Describe a play Brady made himself and tell me how it shows his skills.
I described plays recently.  You've also been shown plays in video form.  You ignored them, which isn't shocking.  Stats were listed to also help my argument.  You dismiss them.
3/14/2013 3:29 PM
I've asked for descriptions because I don't bother to watch videos, and I've told you that. If it's not right here within the thread, don't bother telling me about videos.

No one described anything - not one single play that supposedly showcased Brady's skills.

3/14/2013 3:31 PM
You ignored it. That's cool.

Are we done? Again?
3/14/2013 3:34 PM
I didn't ignore anything.

You and everyone else ignored my request to provide a single shred of evidence of the skills you claim Brady has.

3/14/2013 3:38 PM
What I find funny is that Welker and the TEs make Brady look better than he his, yet I doubt bis can point out even one elite QB who has put up Brady-like numbers without a dominant wideout. Make Manning work with only TEs and a slot man and he'd put up worse numbers than Brady.
3/14/2013 3:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...23 Next ▸
SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.