Which Wooden D3 conference? Topic

I'm considering joining Wooden D3...which conference should I join?

Votes: 43
(Last vote received: 3/19/2013 11:55 AM)
3/14/2013 5:49 PM
Take over St. Mary's in the Minnesota... Seven human-recruited upperclassmen, five scholarships worth of recruiting money + bonuses, and the chance to complete a human-filled conference.
3/14/2013 6:15 PM
take over averett in the usa south conference they have a B and we were the #2 conference in rpi last season and we have a great group of active talkative coaches i hope u decided to join.
3/14/2013 7:16 PM
S. cal
3/14/2013 7:16 PM
Take Dicky Stockton in the NJ Conference.  11 humans, active coaches corner, $3,300-ish in cash this go around.  Classes are balanced, but I think the prior coach had ghosted a couple years, so not sure how good the returning talent is.  A salesman I am not.
3/14/2013 8:04 PM
i was considering Stockton. which coaches are in nj conference?
3/14/2013 8:09 PM
You don't wanna join NJ. They have a bunch of bums for coaches.

Here is a list of coaches in Minnesota:

pepwaves
aejones
Weena
ike1024
piratehoops
backboy13
goatbear
rogelio
flemingtime
hyrcanus
tk21775

If you joined Minnesota you would get to be in the same division as aejones. So, if you want a challenge, I suggest this conference.
3/14/2013 8:15 PM
Since me being in the conference wasn't enough to sway you , we have jdno, jpmills3, jjohn45, ccmathman, repmats, spartakent, bbunch, nwc23, muskies85, and mudd.  Good mix of vets and newer coaches.
3/14/2013 8:18 PM
So the arguments are: 

NJ: we have money! (USA South has more)
Minn: We have Aejones! (who has won 1 tourney game in 6 seasons... USA South won 11 last season)

Yeah, I went there!!!    

all in good fun

But in all honestly, you can't really go wrong, Yanks. Join somewhere and have fun. Would love to see you take a USA South squad of course. You'll recognize some of our coaches from Crum as 4 of us have teams ranked in the top 10 there right now and who you were 0-2 against in non-con.. so the way I see it, you have some losses to avenge!!!

(edit: I love how Wooden really has TWO recruiting periods, lol)

3/14/2013 8:27 PM (edited)
Dicky Stockton in the NJAC has been filled.

As a coach in the NJAC, one of the "mid-majors", I'd like to see some of the other mid-major conferences continue to beef up as well (esp. USA, CCIW) to challenge the long-standing "Big 4".  So you can be part of the revolution (i.e. USA, CCIW) or join the old-guard Big 4 conferences (Minny, Upstate, Midwest, Michigan)
3/14/2013 8:33 PM
Ooooh...can't believe you went there, jsa. Hopefully aejones will come on here and regulate.  But, if we're being honest, he definitely has strayed a bit from his usual championship winning ways in Wooden. But, I think that just further demonstrates the difficulty of winning in Minnesota (and Wooden in general). And that's yet another reason to join Minnesota...it's a challenge even aejones struggles with! 
3/14/2013 9:25 PM
CCIW still has 2 openings....1 in the North, where you can get beat down by national champion Elmhurst twice a year, and 1 in the South, where you can get beat down by national champion Elmhurst once a year.  North Central has 8 seniors and 2 juniors. Northland has 2 seniors and 2 juniors.
3/14/2013 9:32 PM
Haven't you been keeping up with the threads, pep? As the villains...we're supposed to be the bad guys! Saying reprehensible things is simply sticking to character.
3/14/2013 9:35 PM
USA south won the vote.  I am headed there.  thanks for the input
3/14/2013 9:49 PM
You see, we REALLY wanted you.
3/14/2013 10:08 PM
123 Next ▸
Which Wooden D3 conference? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.