A simple, useful change Topic

Posted by davis on 3/15/2013 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Currently, coaches do not get their recruiting money until the world turns over several days after the tournament finishes.  This means that if you don't have enough recruiting money left over from the previous season to use FSS in your target states, you just sit around wasting time until the money comes in - time when you could be evaluating recruits, not just watching "Chopped" re-runs.  ("Chopped" is a great show, but still.)

I understand that it would be harmful to allow a coach to use a bunch of recruiting money for FSS and then bolt for another job having scouted states in the area where he is going.  So how about this: a coach can ask for his recruiting budget any time after the dance ends, with the understanding that if he does, he can't change jobs during that off-season.  There could be a standard message: "You CANNOT change jobs this off-season if you take your recruiting money now.  With this in mind, are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you want the money now?"  Click the button, get the dough, start evaluating recruits.

It just irks me that I'll have a limited time on Monday/Tuesday to look over the recruits in Rupp, when if I could just get the budget now I could already be doing it.  It is not like I am changing jobs; I am at both of my jobs for the foreseeable future.

What do you think?
i think this makes way too much sense for it to ever be considered. this exact same suggestion crops up periodically, this is probably the 5th or 10th time ive seen it, by various coaches, which means it makes sense to a lot of different people. and thats a deal breaker, right there.
3/16/2013 3:20 PM
I've never coached at the DI level, but would early entrees or transfers already be gone at this point? I'm thinking those two items would need to be evaluated before giving any coach his recruiting cash, but even if that was an issue, its not something that couldn't be potentially programmed around.

I like the idea, but reading this thread it doesn't sound like I have much to look forwards to regarding any actual change
3/17/2013 1:11 AM
great idea but where or when Seble, the missing fool, shows up for work again  is anybody's guess. 
3/17/2013 7:40 PM
they should do this, and has been mentioned many times before im sure, they should allow you to recruit the first cycle any time you want between "nba draft coverage" and two hours after recruiting opens. 
3/17/2013 7:47 PM
Another idea that I've seen proposed several times and really think would add a strategic level to recruiting is to show the next TWO season's worth of recruits, instead of just the current season's.  Would force coaches to decide whether to try to fill all their schollies this season, or hold a couple open in order to have extra cash to go after next year's stud.  Certainly would add some spice to what has currently become a very stale recruiting formula.
3/17/2013 7:59 PM
◂ Prev 12
A simple, useful change Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.