Screw Your Neighbor redux--full Topic

my team is already in but I'm probably going to make some changes to my team after reading this forum
4/18/2013 5:30 PM
sure blazinrocks. just remember, diversity helps everyone since you'll be populating a team with guys you might want to trade for.
4/19/2013 1:42 AM
Posted by toysboys on 4/15/2013 1:56:00 PM (view original):
I'll get in on this, been a while since there was a SYN league.

I've been in a few of these leagues before and I'll throw in my 2 cents.  I think it'd be best to have a minimum IP and PA and no AAA otherwise we'll all be playing our AAA players and not the players we were screwed with.  Maybe even have a minimum player salary of $1M.  Otherwise, we're going to see a lot of $200k players.
I don't have a single 200k player on my team.
4/19/2013 2:25 PM
6 more. bring your lube
4/21/2013 12:35 AM
20 down, 1 to recommit and 3 to go.
4/23/2013 3:00 AM
I will play
4/23/2013 10:39 AM
you know, this may sound strange but i hope i get a really bad team. the fun in this league for me is wheeling and dealing to try to improve the team.
4/24/2013 1:42 PM
I'll play. working on cleaning out the toilet now!
4/25/2013 4:48 PM
Posted by jpeterso on 4/23/2013 2:59:00 AM (view original):
Description—Screw your Neighbor League, league number MLB 104772
Hey, I’m resurrecting my favorite old theme from the past. Check it out.
Tired of playing all the same guys? Do you like to actively manage your lineups? In this league, it’s all about drafting the WORST possible team with a salary cap between $76 and $78 Million (total salary cap is $80 million). After the league has filled, the teams will be RANDOMLY REDISTRIBUTED (so yeah, you’ll get someone else’s garbage and the pleasure of watching someone else get yours). You will then have the pleasure of building your team through trades only (no waiver wire). The extra $2 to $4 million is there to help make trades work so active trading is encouraged (a minimum of 8 owners can veto the trade and anyone can be traded off your team. Collusion in trading will result in a fine of 500,000 and a reduction of the automatic trade veto to 4 team owners.
Other rules: No DH, random AAA (6 hitters, 2 pitchers), No Waiver Wire, SLL only for current series. No stadium restrictions. Max IP per pitcher is 300. The main rule is to have some fun!
Update: my free team will be given to the original drafter of the team with the worst overall record so draft well!

Quote post by jpeterso on 3/15/2013 10:12:00 PM:
oh, and i forgot to add in the description that it is restricted to players post 1920. otherwise, all the teams would be deadballers.

5/4/2013 2:26 AM (edited)
allright, we're back at it. check out the new rules. the only change is a banning of the URL hack so that every team must have a player at each position. other than that, all strategies apply. welcome back everyone and hello to the newbies interested. see you in the screw your neighbor league. bring wipes.
5/6/2013 6:35 PM
and by the way, for all of you who were in the last version of the league, I've definitely learned how to get ahead of the game to fix issues. I now have the power to realign after the random redistribution, AAA has been fixed, and of course, I can now check for any URL hackers. It's all good and 11 of us are in after the first day and a half. only one owner has site mailed me that he's passing on this league plus we have a few newbies.
5/7/2013 1:57 PM
Don't give away my spot. Just deciding on which garbage startegy to go with. This is going to be alot of fun!
5/7/2013 2:56 PM
it looks like at least a couple of owners from the previous disbanded league are having trouble getting their teams out of WIS Jail. They are sending in tickets to release the team so they can draft for the new league. once that happens, we'll have more spots taken so get your team in right away to save a spot.
5/8/2013 12:58 PM
2 more in this weekend for sure and we are down to 7 spots. good owners and good teams so far.
5/10/2013 12:34 PM
bump
5/12/2013 10:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Screw Your Neighbor redux--full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.