Part 2 of Progressive Career Draft Topic

OF - Sam Mertes
3/18/2013 1:52 AM
Dang. Had Conroy in my sights with Strang as a plan B. Back to the drawing board.
3/18/2013 2:10 AM
While you all have been sleeping, I've been busy. I've created a google spreadsheet that you may or may not want to use. Gigrant, you'll probably want to access this as it will help track things in future seasons.

Here's what is on it for now (I like spreadsheets and this is likely to grow over time as I find more things to add).

First, there is a tab with the draft order on it.... nothing fancy, just a list of names, 25 rounds, and an x when someone has selected.
Next tab has all the hitters that have been selected and the tab after that, the selected pitchers. You won't need these because....

the next two tabs are for hitters still available and pitchers still available. Handy because you only have to search through what is left. Sorry I could not provide this sooner.

Then there are, in alphabetical order, a tab for each team.

Just type in the name of the pick in the correct format and it will automatically populate the players last year of eligibility, whether he bats L, R, or both, his PA's or IP's, avg, ob, slg, etc.

The first thing I will add when I get the time is a tab which will show the new players available in each succeeding year.

As a little bonus I've also had it automatically tabulate each teams avg, ob, and slg for their starting lineup as well as their team as a whole.

I can give everyone access to view this spreadsheet as well as the ability for each person to enter data themselves. To do this you would need a gmail account.

Like I said, it's possible nobody but gigrant would have need of this but hey, like I said, I love spreadsheets. Now that the formulas are in place, in the future, all I'll have to do is export information from wis.

3/18/2013 5:48 AM
Fantastic!
3/18/2013 6:04 AM
Now do i go to bed or go make breakfast?
3/18/2013 6:24 AM
OF - Tommy Dowd
3/18/2013 6:44 AM
OF Duff Cooley
3/18/2013 9:17 AM
Ed Poole, P
3/18/2013 9:21 AM
Round 12, pick 7

OF, Jimmy Barrett
3/18/2013 9:26 AM
Man I was going to go with a pitcher here...then the run on hitters....then I loooked at the  decent  P depth again & again & back to hitters & then to hitters and pitchers with multiple decent years and.....well you've all been through it....seems the thinest by far is pitchers so  Pitcher Buttons Briggs
3/18/2013 11:29 AM
excellent work deaf.  i was actually going to do something similar and had my notes ready, but i was going to post it in the forums after the season started and we get our own private forum.  i wanted everyone to have instant access.  my gmail account is [email protected] if you want to email me.

Also, I may be on the road for work tonight and tomorrow.  If so, the boards will not be getting updated until I return.  I will need patience from everyone during these 36 hours or so....
3/18/2013 11:38 AM
Danidon and bullmoose; I've sent you an email with the link to the spreadsheet and also a sitemail. First time I try to share google documents so let me know if you received and are able to access.

Gigrant, working on adding you right niw.
3/18/2013 12:41 PM
Gigrant, danidon, bullmoose and btoy all added.
3/18/2013 1:50 PM
Sorry for the delay, Monday mornings are my bowling league

Jimmy Slagle OF
3/18/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by deafheaven on 3/18/2013 5:48:00 AM (view original):
While you all have been sleeping, I've been busy. I've created a google spreadsheet that you may or may not want to use. Gigrant, you'll probably want to access this as it will help track things in future seasons.

Here's what is on it for now (I like spreadsheets and this is likely to grow over time as I find more things to add).

First, there is a tab with the draft order on it.... nothing fancy, just a list of names, 25 rounds, and an x when someone has selected.
Next tab has all the hitters that have been selected and the tab after that, the selected pitchers. You won't need these because....

the next two tabs are for hitters still available and pitchers still available. Handy because you only have to search through what is left. Sorry I could not provide this sooner.

Then there are, in alphabetical order, a tab for each team.

Just type in the name of the pick in the correct format and it will automatically populate the players last year of eligibility, whether he bats L, R, or both, his PA's or IP's, avg, ob, slg, etc.

The first thing I will add when I get the time is a tab which will show the new players available in each succeeding year.

As a little bonus I've also had it automatically tabulate each teams avg, ob, and slg for their starting lineup as well as their team as a whole.

I can give everyone access to view this spreadsheet as well as the ability for each person to enter data themselves. To do this you would need a gmail account.

Like I said, it's possible nobody but gigrant would have need of this but hey, like I said, I love spreadsheets. Now that the formulas are in place, in the future, all I'll have to do is export information from wis.

I had made a spreadsheet around round five although nothing as elaborate as yours - great job. I've been retired since Nov 2006. Forty years of programming (starting with wire boards and up to the fourth gen languages)  was enough.

I've never used a Google spreadsheet before, and I'm not sure I've got the software to use it, but would love to see it. I'll email you once I get a gmail account.

3/18/2013 4:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...15 Next ▸
Part 2 of Progressive Career Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.