Meet the New Captain (full) Topic

Capts are exclusive-exclusive as Capts? or are the capts off limits to everyone else? for example-can I use Mario, stevie y or wayne, sakic since they never played for the Rangers?
3/20/2013 1:05 PM
my question may be similar. Gretzkys career spanned from 1979 to 1999. Do you have to pick players from these years or can you take Jean Beliveau because he never played for the Oilers?
3/20/2013 4:03 PM
Captains are exclosive - so Mario, Stevie, Wayne and Joe are off limits to anyone else.  Players can be from any other team - no restrictions on years.  I am open to suggestions (don't know if I'll take them but I am open to them :) )
3/21/2013 1:06 AM
Well, there go's my Mario, & my Yzerman...

--->>> & a few other skaters, 2...
3/21/2013 2:20 AM
Ouch... My Sakic... Ouch...
3/21/2013 2:21 AM
Posted by taybaijor on 3/21/2013 1:06:00 AM (view original):
Captains are exclosive - so Mario, Stevie, Wayne and Joe are off limits to anyone else.  Players can be from any other team - no restrictions on years.  I am open to suggestions (don't know if I'll take them but I am open to them :) )
I think this is the right call.  If you interpret "exclusive" as meaning "only one owner can use Gretzky as his captain (but the other 23 can have him on the roster as long as they don't pick another Oiler as their captain)", we will see all 24 rosters with Gretzky.

I like the idea that one's captain is off limits to all other teams.  It will make the Captain theme more meaningful.

(I will join, but I am still mulling over who my Captain will be)
3/21/2013 7:00 AM
Another question...if one's Captain served as Captain played for multiple teams, does that mean (I will use Gretzky as an example, as he is quite famous):

i) you can't use any players from teams he played for (meaning Gretzky's team could have no Oilers, Kings, Blues, or Rangers on it)

ii) you can't use any players from teams he captained (Gretzky captained Edmonton and Los Angeles, so his team could have no Kings or Oilers on it)

iii) you would declare which captaincy you were using, and just have players from that one team off-limits (so Gretzky could be delcared as LA captain, and only have to avoid using other Kings on his team)

Yet Another Question,
If the answer to the above is choice iii, would the owner of the LA Gretzky team be allowed to use Jari Kurri, as long as he used non-Los Angeles Kurri years?

3/21/2013 7:09 AM
In the above example - if the Gretzky used is from his Oiler seasons then he can have no Oilers on his team but Kings teammates would be ok.  If his LA season is used then Oiler teammates are OK. 

Gretzky is, as always, a horse of a different colour because of his different captaincies.  So I guess what I am saying is option iii)
3/21/2013 11:01 AM
( ...somewhat quoted from the_jsa... )
"Yet Another Question, If the answer to the above is choice iii, would the owner of the LA Gretzky
team be allowed to use Jari Kurri, as long as he used non-Los Angeles Kurri years?

(a great question jsa) ...because in 1997-98, Jari Kurri played his last season in the NHL 4 the
Colorado Avalanche... 70 total games, but only 5 goals & 17 assists... Yes, JSakic was also on
that team... Yet, taybaijor says yes to allowing him 2 play a twist'd previous year, skating along
w/ JSakic...

Needless 2 say, this is a wee-bit confusing, & it seems best 2 hold-off creating rosters until we
have a list of the 24 exclusive skaters... Eye removed 5 skaters from my initial roster yesterday,
when eye read everyone else's posts here... Would luv 2 fill my roster again, so let me know...

Thanx
taybaijor
3/21/2013 11:21 AM
Basically, eye'm interpreting this as though "by choosing" Gretzky's 92-goal season
w/Edmonton, then eye'm free 2 get a Kurri season w/LA... & am free 2 get a BLeetch
season from the NYRangers...

Am also free 2 get any STLouis skater, as well, even if Gretzky was a team-mate, or
knot, correct ???

Eye sure hope so... If knot, then taybaijor will just hafta' let me know if my roster's in
any volations B-4 this WiS-SiM season begins... Get your red marking pen ready... 
3/21/2013 11:34 AM (edited)
Posted by jsakicno19 on 3/21/2013 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Basically, eye'm interpreting this as though "by choosing" Gretzky's 92-goal season
w/Edmonton, then eye'm free 2 get a Kurri season w/LA... & am free 2 get a BLeetch
season from the NYRangers...

Am also free 2 get any STLouis skater, as well, even if Gretzky was a team-mate, or
knot, correct ???

Eye sure hope so... If knot, then taybaijor will just hafta' let me know if my roster's in
any volations B-4 this WiS-SiM season begins... Get your red marking pen ready... 
This is correct. 
3/21/2013 11:48 AM
Since Mario is taken, I'll go with Brett Hull (St. Louis)
3/21/2013 3:56 PM (edited)
I'll take Niklas Lindstrom
3/21/2013 3:03 PM
Welcome aboard guys!
3/22/2013 1:23 AM
Zdeno Chara will be my captain
3/22/2013 8:22 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Meet the New Captain (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.