12/3/2015 6:29 PM
Posted by sergei91 on 3/21/2013 9:59:00 AM (view original):
i think you guys are way smarter than me
I think most guys are way smarter than you
12/4/2015 1:58 PM
Bump
3/9/2019 9:38 PM
Posted by lccooler on 3/22/2013 1:40:00 AM (view original):
So I've created an excel spreadsheet that allows users to dump their league's data into it and calculate WAR for position players. I've done this for pitchers as well, but I need to refine it a little more to make it user friendly before I release it.

To do a complete season, it takes about  20-30 min to dump everything into it.  Offensively it uses wOBA and wRAA to compute runs. Defensively it's a method that MikeT23 used to evaluate RFs, and modified a little by me. I've included instructions for inputting data on each sheet that requires it.

Any questions or tips on improving it are surely welcome. 

Version two of the WAR worksheet for hitters can be downloaded here.

The first version of the pitcher WAR worksheet can be downloaded here.

Batter WAR Version history

V 2
Revamped the defensive runs formula based on mFP developed with jtrinsey.
All defensive runs are based on season positional average, allowing for comparison across multiple years.
Added baserunning component.
Value of a catcher throwing out stolen base runner will automatically update from year to year.
Corrected Omaha's three letter abbreviation.

I still need to verify El Paso's three letter abbreviation. If it's something other than ELP, please let me know and I'll correct it.
Was able to sort of get it to work... looks like I'm getting errors on the Catcher page and Pitcher tabs, but rest of the positions seem to calculate fine. I had to unhide columns and make sure that the formulas were capturing the IDs properly.
5/16/2019 2:24 PM (edited)
Bump
2/20/2021 5:41 PM
now that this thread has been resurrected, are v2.0 of hitting and v1.0 of pitching still the current versions? he alluded to updating the pitching one.

also, are the formulas still applicable, or has the game changed. (not asking if you agree with them, like the discussion about fielding ratings...asking if it is still functional, like the same data is available)
2/20/2021 11:34 PM
I would love to see WIS have a WAR statistical category
2/27/2021 5:26 PM
Does anyone know how to change the positional adjustments on this sheet? Seems to me catchers are a bit overvalued and SSs are a tad undervalued IMO.
3/10/2021 8:39 PM
Anybody have a saved copy of this they can share now that the original is offline?
11/3/2023 1:24 PM
Posted by bugs318 on 11/3/2023 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Anybody have a saved copy of this they can share now that the original is offline?
I'd love to see it myself. I do WAR for hitting on Cobbfather's blog, but I haven't messed with fielding or pitching because they generally require stats not monitored by HBD - sounds like the original guy might have created his own work around to get something close. I also added in a wSB since its the counterpart to wRAA.
11/3/2023 3:57 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.