Knight's # of recruits Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by gillispie on 3/27/2013 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 3/27/2013 12:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/27/2013 12:12:00 AM (view original):
I never requested more recruits, I think it's absolutely preposterous that they would arbitrarily add recruits this late.  Frankly, this kind of irresponsible kneejerk action on the part of administration makes me tempted to stop playing the game...  I consider this horrible handling of the situation if they really did nothing to compensate.
I agree. At least before we all had the same, level playing field. 

I had already done my scouting and was unavailable the rest of the day, including needing my wife to send my 6 pm phone calls out for me. I had to scrape together time to give a cursory glance at the new recruits at least to add some to my pool. I'm still sure I missed a lot of them, putting me at a disadvantage over those who scouted later - of course I did save $650 on FSS (FWIW that's most of the southeast - there were over 100 new recruits just in my 8 states. The $650 is including the 20% discount) - and I agree that money is not terribly significant, even at D 2, but it might be to someone at D 3.

I'm also not sure if I missed any potential new pull downs because the rankings all changed. I found a few guys that I had color coded as pulldowns ended up on my D 2 list (I found this once I got home tonight to check recruiting and read my 6 pm responses).

I realize none of this is earth shattering, and in the end maybe it won't matter. If I get a good class who cares after all... but I would have preferred not to scramble and just fight over the scraps available and take a couple walkons and try again next season, like everyone else would have had to.
i understand where you are coming from, but heres the problem - it was NOT a level playing field before. thats why seble took action. if you had 0 openings, you had a huge advantage - because having 20% or so fewer recruits is going to hurt classes across the board - the bigger the class, the bigger the hit. a guy with 6 openings was basically getting bent over. your situation is picky little crap, but the other guys were really getting shafted.

you are basically a fan at a game, complaining your seat had some popcorn underneath still from last game, while the guy 2 rows down sat on his seat, only to realize someone planted an aids needle, and now he has HIV. if only one of those two things were to happen, as in the case here, im sorry but you are going to have to live with some popcorn at your feet!!

and yes, thats being overly dramatic - but i only felt it was appropriate, given the fact that you are being overly dramatic, too :)
I have 6 openings. I'm not being overly anything. I still think this is bullshit.
3/27/2013 5:25 PM
I don't like this. We are now going to see massive amounts of complaints every season from people regarding the recruit generation and lack of recruits. 
3/27/2013 8:36 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 3/27/2013 8:36:00 PM (view original):
I don't like this. We are now going to see massive amounts of complaints every season from people regarding the recruit generation and lack of recruits. 
We do see that every season anyway ...
3/27/2013 9:05 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 3/27/2013 9:05:00 PM (view original):
except now WIS will actually add recruits. If recruit generation sucks a specific season, just deal with it. 
3/27/2013 10:24 PM
I think it'd be beneficial if Seble could shed a little more light on the issue.  I don't have a ton of faith in the WIS dev team, but I would hope they could provide some analysis on the numbers and perhaps even some reasoning as to why this happened.  That'd help moving forward so that every world doesn't have to go through this "will they add new recruits or not" kind of process when the numbers appear to be low (even when everything is normal).

Not saying that they'll provide anything... it'd just make a LOT of sense to do so.
3/28/2013 1:22 AM
The remedy was worse than the ailment.  I spent a ton of time preparing my target list.  Then a notification was posted mere hours before recruiting started that more players had been added.  No time for me to look through them in needle/haystack fashion.  Have done so since and the coaches that were able to do that last minute work had very little competition for some real goldmine players.  Leaving the more shallow recruit pool would have been more fair.  Noticing the problem and adding players days before start of recruiting rather than hours would have been fine, too.  Regardless, I do not have my panties in a bunch over this:  the game is still a fantastic bargain to me from a cost/benefit standpoint.
3/28/2013 3:08 PM
I was just coming back to the game this season, and I noticed the DIII recruiting pool was a tad shallow...and after the announcement, it was still fairly shallow. As a result, unless some crazy dropdowns become available, I'm looking at a fairly average recruiting class. I'd be absolutely OK with that if the class in general was weak, but was there solid DIII talent that was added that I overlooked? I got the message after recruiting had started, and mostly targeted players I scouted ahead of time. Needless to say, I don't think the staff should ever add more recruits based off complaints. It is what it is.
3/28/2013 3:36 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 3/27/2013 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 3/27/2013 9:05:00 PM (view original):
except now WIS will actually add recruits. If recruit generation sucks a specific season, just deal with it. 
theyve done it before, but its been years since, so i dont see the pattern...
3/28/2013 4:36 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Knight's # of recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.