Rescinding Scholarships (Quick Question) Topic

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is some leeway when it comes to rescinding scholarships if you are a new coach? I rescinded one and still have an A+ Rep... but I just took over for a D- DI school and there is some serious SIM AI recruited suck.  Do you think I can get away with rescinding a second without causing chaos? I have just enough to probably recruit one other decent player. Signing period is about 30 hours away.

Thanks!
3/27/2013 12:49 PM
If you didn't recruit them you can cut them without consequence - I have done it a few times without ever losing any reputation pts.
3/27/2013 12:55 PM
In my experiences, the first one rescinded is without consequence.  The second one will drop your rep 1/3 of a letter grade, so to an A.  This has been my experience with 3 different teams in D3...not sure if D1 is any different.  This is also for players you didn't recruit as the rep hit is harsher when you cut guys you brought in.
3/27/2013 1:07 PM
I've rescinded 6 scholarships of players recruited by Sim AI and had no negative impact.
3/27/2013 2:00 PM
I should add that was 6 scholarships on the same roster at the same time.
3/27/2013 2:00 PM
If its your first year at a new school, and you didn't recruit said recruit, you can cut players without any consequences to your reputation.  

Afterwards, if you try to cut a player in subsequent seasons, there's a chance you'll take a reputation hit and/or other players could also transfer away at the same time (with a higher probability of occurrence if you recruited the recruit yourself).
3/27/2013 3:58 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 3/27/2013 3:58:00 PM (view original):
If its your first year at a new school, and you didn't recruit said recruit, you can cut players without any consequences to your reputation.  

Afterwards, if you try to cut a player in subsequent seasons, there's a chance you'll take a reputation hit and/or other players could also transfer away at the same time (with a higher probability of occurrence if you recruited the recruit yourself).
Well, not 100% true.  If someone smarter than me can walk me through it, I'd be happy to post a screen shot of my NCWC home page and show you I'm at an A reputation after cutting 2 SIM recruited players in my first season.
3/27/2013 5:10 PM
I also just dropped from A+ to A after cutting three players at a school I just took over.
3/27/2013 8:45 PM
If you are A+, the first cut has no effect
2nd cut - A
3rd cut - A-

Etc...
3/28/2013 2:32 PM
Posted by jc1796 on 3/28/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
If you are A+, the first cut has no effect
2nd cut - A
3rd cut - A-

Etc...
I was A+.  Cut a player I had recruited last season:  no effect.  Cut another player during recruiting this season:  reputation rating fell to A-.  It was worth it.  This player was progressing at glacier speed, but worse, he whined about playing time last season, I gave him the time he sought and even a few starts.  His work ethic did not come back up.  Plus, I hated his face.  Literally.  It was difficult to gaze upon.  Good riddance, I say (am signing a better player with more upside), reputation rating be damned.
3/28/2013 3:02 PM
I think reputation is built up through HD years. If you've had an A+ rep for a good while and have maintained that then you can cut a player and not take a hit. However if you're just starting at a fresh A+ and cut more than one player who you did not recruit, your rep will fall as shown above by jc. I have a friend who had coached a team for 20+ seasons and would never take a rep hit meanwhile I would take a rep hit after one season after cutting more than one player I did not recruit.
3/28/2013 4:03 PM
I ended up cutting 2, still at A+.
3/28/2013 8:22 PM
I just took over and Vandy.  I cut a junior sg around noon on the day signings started.  Within about 2 seconds I got an email from another sg that he was upset about it and he left as well.  Good riddance!
3/29/2013 9:42 AM
Posted by mrdanielx on 3/28/2013 8:22:00 PM (view original):
I ended up cutting 2, still at A+.
maybe it's your history in the game then. it is your first year at that particular school but I still think rep follows you whever you go and it seems like you maybe have had decent A+ standing.
3/29/2013 3:58 PM
or maybe buddha is right.
3/29/2013 3:59 PM
12 Next ▸
Rescinding Scholarships (Quick Question) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.