DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 4/25/2013 6:10:00 PM (view original):
I dunno, I think he's just stupid/deluded enough to actually believe that everything he thinks and says is "logical" and makes sense and nothing anyone else says or thinks that contradicts his own beliefs could possibly be rational or credible.  Which explains why he consistently dismisses counterarguments essentially out of hand but insists the explanations exist, sometimes even that he's given them when he clearly hasn't.  Trolling has to be intentional.  I still think bistiza isn't a troll, he's just horribly deluded.
No, that's bullshit.  
4/25/2013 6:12 PM
Wait.  I'll do that again. 
4/25/2013 6:21 PM
I dunno, I think he's just stupid/deluded enough to actually believe that everything he thinks and says is "logical" and makes sense and nothing anyone else says or thinks that contradicts his own beliefs could possibly be rational or credible.  Which explains why he consistently dismisses counterarguments essentially out of hand but insists the explanations exist, sometimes even that he's given them when he clearly hasn't.  Trolling has to be intentional.  I still think bistiza isn't a troll, he's just horribly deluded.
No.  I have strong belief system and knowledge on many subjects.   I present logical arguments and they cannot be rationally disputed.   Therefore, people get frustrated and attack the person instead of the argument.   I try to explain, in a simpler way, but it's usually too late for them.   They've already determined their stance based on media-fed propaganda and cannot fathom anyone standing against what they believe.  It's unfortunate, in a way, that they are incapable of rational discussion but, based on their belief system, they can't see the correct point of view.
4/25/2013 6:25 PM

IOW, it's intentional.  A role, so to speak.   I called it months ago and badluck, being the brilliant fellow he is, finally caught on. 

4/25/2013 6:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/25/2013 6:26:00 PM (view original):

IOW, it's intentional.  A role, so to speak.   I called it months ago and badluck, being the brilliant fellow he is, finally caught on. 

I have to admit that I got some enjoyment out of arguing with him. But then he starts making **** up (again) and the fun sort of goes away. I think he's trolling 100%. I don't thinking its possible to be so out of touch with reality on accident. It's a bit.
4/25/2013 6:33 PM
You can be that out of touch with reality if, as I suggested months ago, you suffer from a grandiose-type delusional disorder.
4/25/2013 6:41 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/25/2013 6:41:00 PM (view original):
You can be that out of touch with reality if, as I suggested months ago, you suffer from a grandiose-type delusional disorder.
Maybe. But take a look at the couple of threads he's started. It seems like trolling to me.
4/25/2013 7:09 PM
It's trolling.   We have about 6 months of evidence.   Even delusional people eventually have a moment of reflection.
4/25/2013 7:17 PM
It obviously can't be applied to all situations (and doesn't need to be).

That's your response? It "obviously" can't be applied?  Why not? Because you say so? That's hilarious that you think you get to dictate how logical reasoning is applied.

Back in the real world, it can be applied to any attraction (and it was applied to several by me).
Illegal sexual relationships are irrelevant. You can't debate the merits of allowing marriage unless the relationship itself is legal.
That's NOT the argument you made then. You're adding that now, but you didn't say that in your original argument. You only argument was that people should be allowed to marry because they can't help who they are attracted to. Now that I've applied that same reasoning to things you don't agree with, you're backpedaling and including this little addendum.

Again, that's fine, but stop with the backpedaling and move forward, as your backpedaling is getting old.
That's it. I'm blocking bis. He's the very definition of a troll. He gets off on the attention and makes no attempt to argue in good faith.
Wow. I must have really hit a nerve when I used your own reasoning against you and then you had to backpedal like crazy because you couldn't admit you made a mistake and simply move on like any normal adult would do.

Really, there's no reason for you to run and hide. I've proven you wrong and embarrassed you before plenty of times, so this shouldn't get to you. I think this time is different in your mind, though, because this is one where you KNOW you were proven wrong (even though you'd never give me the satisfaction by admitting it here) and you just can't handle it.

If you block me, BL, goodbye and good riddance.
I still think bistiza isn't a troll, he's just horribly deluded.
I'm neither a troll nor am I deluded.

I just possess an above average ability to argue from logic, and when I disagree with the strongly-held opinions of some people, they get frustrated because they want to be able to successfully argue against me but they can't. They're used to easily dismissing the common person's arguments so they don't know what to do when they run into someone with my ability to argue.

Once the frustration sets in, they resort to common logical fallacies of argument. First is insults and name calling. Second come other attacks on my person or my character which make no sense but are borne out of an attempt to find some way to argue against me, never mind that it is illogical to attack the person rather than the argument.

This attempt to call me "deluded" belongs in that second group. It allows you to not only attack me but to tell yourself you don't have to be able to hold your own in an argument with me because you can dismiss me as "deluded" (or whatever other ridiculous label you want to assign to me to allow yourself to do this).

I am only defending opinions I truly hold and doing it quite well, and sometimes it's fun to watch when people who can't argue effectively react in these types of predictable ways. The really funny thing is that you think you're something special for attacking me this way, but it's a very common reaction by those who can't articulate effective or logical arguments.
There is no "role". I truly hold all the opinions I defend.

And the only thing BL finally realized is he was proven wrong and embarrassed, and he fears others will get it since he finally did, so he's going to have to block me to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Good riddance if he does. It's fun to watch him struggle to argue against me, but it gets old too.
I have to admit that I got some enjoyment out of arguing with him. But then he starts making **** up (again) and the fun sort of goes away. I think he's trolling 100%. I don't thinking its possible to be so out of touch with reality on accident. It's a bit.
Wow, you just went for the whole thing all at once, didn't you, BL?

Not only the insults and the ridiculous labels to try to dismiss me (predictable, as I described), but also a claim that you were "just having fun" with things.  I guess you find it to be "fun" when you are proven wrong and have to backpedal until you finally run away and hide. Or are you even going to hide? I wonder.

You can all get together and tell each other you don't need to be able to argue against anyone who completely destroys your position because they're "out of touch with reality" or "delusional" or "crazy" or whatever label you want to assign because you got your *** kicked in the argument and can't deal with it.

Funny how whenever someone actually CAN argue against me logically (and it's happened before, but not on here so far), they NEVER resort to these tactics, because they don't need to do that.

But that doesn't matter, because you all agree I must be (insert label here), and that trumps everything, right? You don't need to make a real argument then, since I'm (insert label here).

Hilarious. Predictable, but absolutely hilarious.

4/26/2013 8:24 AM
I just possess an above average ability to argue from logic, and when I disagree with the strongly-held opinions of some people, they get frustrated because they want to be able to successfully argue against me but they can't. They're used to easily dismissing the common person's arguments so they don't know what to do when they run into someone with my ability to argue.

How much time do you spend admiring yourself in the mirror before you leave your house every morning?

You are so full of yourself.  It's both hilarious and pathetic at the same time.
4/26/2013 8:33 AM
How much time do you spend admiring yourself in the mirror before you leave your house every morning?

You are so full of yourself.  It's both hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

I'm just telling it like it is. You don't want to believe this is true because that would mean admitting you can't effectively argue against me, and your pride won't let you do that.

Which means the only explanation for what I'm saying is that I must be full of myself, since you can't allow for the possibility that what I'm saying is simply the truth.

Predictable reaction again.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt to you people.
4/26/2013 8:38 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/25/2013 6:25:00 PM (view original):
No.  I have strong belief system and knowledge on many subjects.   I present logical arguments and they cannot be rationally disputed.   Therefore, people get frustrated and attack the person instead of the argument.   I try to explain, in a simpler way, but it's usually too late for them.   They've already determined their stance based on media-fed propaganda and cannot fathom anyone standing against what they believe.  It's unfortunate, in a way, that they are incapable of rational discussion but, based on their belief system, they can't see the correct point of view.
Nice, you're getting better at that.
4/26/2013 8:43 AM
"Troll" - another word with a different definition in biz's dictionary.  I forgot about that one.
4/26/2013 8:44 AM
Damn, I nailed his act perfectly.   Which one is biz and which one is me impersonating biz?

1.  "No.  I have strong belief system and knowledge on many subjects.   I present logical arguments and they cannot be rationally disputed.   Therefore, people get frustrated and attack the person instead of the argument.   I try to explain, in a simpler way, but it's usually too late for them.   They've already determined their stance based on media-fed propaganda and cannot fathom anyone standing against what they believe.  It's unfortunate, in a way, that they are incapable of rational discussion but, based on their belief system, they can't see the correct point of view."

2. "I just possess an above average ability to argue from logic, and when I disagree with the strongly-held opinions of some people, they get frustrated because they want to be able to successfully argue against me but they can't. They're used to easily dismissing the common person's arguments so they don't know what to do when they run into someone with my ability to argue."
4/26/2013 8:46 AM
You might actually do a better biz than biz.
4/26/2013 8:46 AM
◂ Prev 1...99|100|101|102|103...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.