DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

What's quite absurd is that you think choosing between brunettes and blonds is the same as choosing between men and women.
4/12/2013 1:39 PM
Why didn't you pick another male? What factor made you choose a female (not for marriage, just for your first kiss/makeout/hook up etc?

There were a variety of reasons, as I said.

Why do you want to know so much about my personal life?
What's quite absurd is that you think choosing between brunettes and blonds is the same as choosing between men and women.

How is it absurd?

You're choosing a preference for a romantic and/or sexual partner.

Hair color is one thing you could prefer. Gender is another.   They are essentially the same type of choice.
4/12/2013 1:49 PM
I've chosen to be the new Master Debater of these forums.

My proof and logic cannot be denied. 
4/12/2013 1:54 PM
All hail the new forum master 'bater!!
4/12/2013 2:02 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/12/2013 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Why didn't you pick another male? What factor made you choose a female (not for marriage, just for your first kiss/makeout/hook up etc?

There were a variety of reasons, as I said.

Why do you want to know so much about my personal life?

How is it absurd?

You're choosing a preference for a romantic and/or sexual partner.

Hair color is one thing you could prefer. Gender is another.   They are essentially the same type of choice.
I'm curious about how you arrived at your decision to be straight instead of being gay. Without trying all the options, how do you know you don't like dudes?
4/12/2013 2:06 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/11/2013 5:53:00 PM (view original):
I guess we're done here, right?  Getting tired of this.
We are now.

This has turned into another "How stupid is biz?" thread.     I blame badluck for bringing up the "young earth" nonsense again.   He's a dick.
4/12/2013 2:08 PM
I'm curious about how you arrived at your decision to be straight instead of being gay. Without trying all the options, how do you know you don't like dudes?

I'm content with where I am and do not presently want to change my sexual preference, which is a choice I have. That doesn't mean I'm somehow unable to change my mind in the future if I wanted.
This has turned into another "How stupid is biz?" thread. 
I present logical reasoning for opinions you don't agree with, and that frustrates you because you don't know how to handle a real challenge to your opinion.

You're not sure what to do, so you curse me and call me names and throw insults my way and then ignore what I have to say while living in the land of denial.

It's getting really old. Is there no one on these boards who has the guts to actually try to defend their own opinions rather than hurling insults and running away?

Not among those of you who have posted here recently, that much is apparent.

4/12/2013 2:21 PM
"How is it absurd?"

Seriously?  If I find a woman with blond hair attractive, and we changed her hair to brown, I'd probably find her similarly attractive.  If you add male features and genitalia, I would not find her (him?) similarly attractive.  Is this really that hard to understand?

Why do you need to constantly talk about how people are insulting you all the ******* time?  Many people here have been called names before, but only you bring it up constantly.
4/12/2013 2:35 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/12/2013 2:21:00 PM (view original):

I'm content with where I am and do not presently want to change my sexual preference, which is a choice I have. That doesn't mean I'm somehow unable to change my mind in the future if I wanted.
This has turned into another "How stupid is biz?" thread. 
I present logical reasoning for opinions you don't agree with, and that frustrates you because you don't know how to handle a real challenge to your opinion.

You're not sure what to do, so you curse me and call me names and throw insults my way and then ignore what I have to say while living in the land of denial.

It's getting really old. Is there no one on these boards who has the guts to actually try to defend their own opinions rather than hurling insults and running away?

Not among those of you who have posted here recently, that much is apparent.

But how did you know you wanted a girl instead of a boy in the first place?
4/12/2013 2:39 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/12/2013 2:36:00 PM (view original):
"How is it absurd?"

Seriously?  If I find a woman with blond hair attractive, and we changed her hair to brown, I'd probably find her similarly attractive.  If you add male features and genitalia, I would not find her (him?) similarly attractive.  Is this really that hard to understand?

Why do you need to constantly talk about how people are insulting you all the ******* time?  Many people here have been called names before, but only you bring it up constantly.
That's part of his "nobody can handle my obvious brilliance so they insult me instead" persecution complex.

I think he's also a bit ****** that somebody else has claimed the title of forum Master 'bater. 
4/12/2013 2:42 PM

That would be me.

Here's how I took the title.   Just call biz "Pinkie".

4/12/2013 2:45 PM
I guess biz is right - now you're attracted to pink blobs.
4/12/2013 2:48 PM
Did biz choose to be on the receiving end?
4/12/2013 2:48 PM
No, I took the top.  Because, as you know, it ain't gay if you're driving!!!
4/12/2013 2:52 PM
Seriously?  If I find a woman with blond hair attractive, and we changed her hair to brown, I'd probably find her similarly attractive.

So for you personally, hair color doesn't mean as much in terms of decision-making. Other people could be different and view it as a stronger factor.
 If you add male features and genitalia, I would not find her (him?) similarly attractive.  Is this really that hard to understand?

Again, you see gender as more of a factor than hair color in your decision-making process, and I'm sure other people feel the same way. They are both things upon which a decision can be made.

Namecalling is an obvious fallacy of argument which is often deployed in a rather obvious attempt to distract from the real argument when someone feels they don't have anything better to put forward.

In a nutshell: When you throw out insults rather than a real argument, it's because you probably don't have a real argument, and that means I'm winning.

Naturally they deny that I'm winning because the whole point of the insult is that they're frustrated that they are losing and need to distract from it, so they're not going to come out and admit it when I throw it in their face, but it's still fun to point it out and watch people go nuts.

Insulting people doesn't mean anything in an intelligent debate except that you feel you can't hold your own. It may work on the playground when you're a kid, but people with real debate skills only laugh and point out how foolish you are for doing it - and that's what I'm doing here.

But how did you know you wanted a girl instead of a boy in the first place?
I evaluated the factors that mattered to me, as people do with any decision.
That's part of his "nobody can handle my obvious brilliance so they insult me instead" persecution complex.
There's no "complex" in pointing out the logical fallacy of using insults in a debate, but I find it hilarious that you're trying to insult me for pointing out how foolish you are to insult me.
4/12/2013 3:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...71|72|73|74|75...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.