DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Who is choosing to be gay again?  Asexuals?

Yes, asexuals can choose to be straight.

I'd like to live in a world were people choose to date and marry and **** the people they are attracted to.  The vast majority of people have that figured out pretty early in life.  
5/1/2013 10:25 AM
I'd like to live in a world were people choose to date and marry and **** the people they are attracted to.  The vast majority of people have that figured out pretty early in life. 

I'd like to live in a world where people date and marry and **** whoever they want without the need to attempt to justify it in any way, much less through a lie-based propaganda campaign.
5/1/2013 10:26 AM
Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):
The other POV is bis. I'll mark you down as agreeing with him. Good job.

There are plenty of people who agree with me - just none who had said so on here as yet.

And finding a way to agree with logical reasoning could be said to be a "good job", so for once you said something that is correct.
I'd stop using the "logical reasoning" argument until you're cool with using "logic" in all instances of english definitions.

Continuing to say there's propaganda doesn't mean it exists.
5/1/2013 10:27 AM
Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):

I'd like to live in a world where people date and marry and **** whoever they want without the need to attempt to justify it in any way, much less through a lie-based propaganda campaign.
Me too, minus your part about the propaganda I don't believe exists.
5/1/2013 10:31 AM
I'd stop using the "logical reasoning" argument until you're cool with using "logic" in all instances of english definitions.

I use a logical definition to define a word when the only alternative is a propaganda-based lie.

Otherwise, in most cases I'm fine with seemingly "illogical" but commonly accepted definitions.

Essentially what I'm saying is logical reasoning trumps propaganda based BS every single time.

The propaganda doesn't exist because I say it does.  You can see it is there if you pay attention and are willing to admit it.  The culture change that has occurred in America whereby most people agree with the lie that sexuality isn't a choice would not have happened without it. People are smarter than that unless you can subversively convince them to agree with you through a massive campaign designed to do just that.
5/1/2013 10:35 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):

Beats me.  

I don't know if anyone is choosing a sexual preference.    But I'm willing to admit there is a possibility that someone is.

And, if you believe that, it's possible that those seeking gay marriage could have chosen otherwise.   

And, if your reasoning for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, well, your argument is made.
5/1/2013 10:35 AM

Your view that the propaganda doesn't exist is meaningless since you are a part of the campaign.
5/1/2013 10:36 AM
Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 10:36:00 AM (view original):

Your view that the propaganda doesn't exist is meaningless since you are a part of the campaign.
You're right, I'm the leader. You figured me out.
5/1/2013 10:38 AM
I don't know if anyone is choosing a sexual preference.    But I'm willing to admit there is a possibility that someone is.

And, if you believe that, it's possible that those seeking gay marriage could have chosen otherwise.   

And, if your reasoning for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, well, your argument is made.

Wow. MikeT23 can admit this much, but burnsyluck can't. I guess now I understand the how the strata works on these forums, like this:

MikeT23 - argumentative but willing to admit when others have a point to some extent

burnsy - fairly smart but stubborn with denials that anyone makes a point against him in any way, ever

bad_luck - not as smart but equally stubborn to burnsy

dahs - smarter than most but also just as stubborn and thinks he's done more than he has when in fact he hasn't accomplished anything more than anyone else in the thread as far as the debate goes
5/1/2013 10:39 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:35:00 AM (view original):

Beats me.  

Yes, anyone seeking gay marriage could have chosen otherwise.  

If your argument for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, it wouldn't make sense.  Lots of things are choices.  If I told you you can't eat peanut butter because it's a choice, that's stupid.

If your argument for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, AND you could be perfectly happy marrying someone of the opposite sex, I'd call you ignorant and insensitive.  
5/1/2013 10:40 AM
You're right, I'm the leader. You figured me out.

I don't think you're the leader.

I just think you agree with the agenda's point of view, so you naturally do not want to admit it is based upon and is forwarded by propaganda. That's why you wont' admit it exists. You want it to keep going to convince more people to agree with its point of view like you do.

Does it feel good knowing you are part of a campaign to convince people of a lie, burnsy? Is it worth lying like that to justify people's sexual choices?

Personally I have more integrity than that, but to each their own.
5/1/2013 10:41 AM
There's nothing to justify.  
5/1/2013 10:43 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 10:35:00 AM (view original):

Beats me.  

Yes, anyone seeking gay marriage could have chosen otherwise.  

If your argument for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, it wouldn't make sense.  Lots of things are choices.  If I told you you can't eat peanut butter because it's a choice, that's stupid.

If your argument for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, AND you could be perfectly happy marrying someone of the opposite sex, I'd call you ignorant and insensitive.  
You're arguing the wrong argument(at least with me).

I don't know if anyone seeking gay marriage could have chosen otherwise.   I'm willing to accept that some could have.

We're denied a lot of choices in this world.   Just starting with consumption, I'll use pot as an example.   Stupid or not, we're denied choices every day.

Calling one ignorant and insensitive doesn't solve problems.   But, if that's the way you try to make a point, congrats.  I guess.
5/1/2013 10:47 AM
There's nothing to justify. 

I agree, which is why I accept the fact that sexuality is a choice.

Anyone who can't accept that fact and insists otherwise is either trying to justify those choices or can't think critically enough to see through the propaganda which attempts to justify it.
5/1/2013 10:48 AM
Do you need the details on why I'd call you ignorant and insensitive?  Aren't they obvious?

I'm willing to accept that there are some asexual or bisexual people who could choose to have a heterosexual lifestyle, marriage, etc, who have chosen to have a homosexual lifestyle.  I'm not sure why that matters, though.
5/1/2013 10:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...110|111|112|113|114...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.