DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Don't like the "GOTCHA!!!" moment when it's used against you?

I dare say you are not an expert on human behavior or sexual attraction.   You do not know if people are born gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.   In fact, when confronted with your lack of knowledge on how people are born, you quickly, within minutes, agreed that people could actually be born with no sexual attraction to either sex after denying such a thing could ever happen.   You've also agreed that sexual attraction, despite your lack of expertise, could change from one sex to the other. 

Nonetheless, back on point, one of your main contentions has been that gay people do not choose to be gay and, therefore, should be given the same rights to marriage.   You have contradicted yourself, repeatedly, over the last 3-4 pages.   

While biz is batshit crazy(or an expert troll), he does stick to his argument regardless of how retarded it is.     Maybe you could do the same.
Um, what?

You can't controll what gender you are attracted to. This is a fact. Some people are only attracted to one gender. Some people are attracted to both or no gender.

You do have a choice in who you sleep with.

All of this is irrelevant to the marriage question. Even if it was a choice, gay people should still be allowed to marry.

What's your point?
"You can't controll what gender you are attracted to.  This is a fact."

Sources?   I'll need a few. 
5/1/2013 1:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Gay marriage is not legal in many states.    If you want to get married, don't choose a same sex partner(which I thought we agreed, was a possibility). 
Or...allow it.  Haven't we had this argument?
And, if your reasoning for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, well, your argument is made.
I want to deny marrying interracial couples. It's a choice.  My argument is made.

Does that make any sense?
5/1/2013 1:59 PM
Anyone can choose to have sex with anyone they choose.  They still have an attraction towards one sex or another. 

I agree with you here.

The difference is that I recognize that people are defined by what they do and not by attraction, feelings, or what they say they are.
So if you have gay sex, are you always gay then?  Since we're comparing the two.  A criminal is someone who has committed a crime.

Not unless you continue to have gay sex or be in relationships with someone of the same gender. A criminal doesn't always remain a criminal, either. People's decisions can and often do change over time.
Being a choice is not an argument for or against anything.

Maybe not for you, but there are MANY people who believe that because sexuality is a choice it is perfectly legal and correct not to allow same sex marriage.

Again, and I really mean no offense by this, but try thinking outside your own limited perspective for once.
5/1/2013 2:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 1:58:00 PM (view original):

I dare say you are not an expert on human behavior or sexual attraction.   You do not know if people are born gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.   In fact, when confronted with your lack of knowledge on how people are born, you quickly, within minutes, agreed that people could actually be born with no sexual attraction to either sex after denying such a thing could ever happen.   You've also agreed that sexual attraction, despite your lack of expertise, could change from one sex to the other. 

Nonetheless, back on point, one of your main contentions has been that gay people do not choose to be gay and, therefore, should be given the same rights to marriage.   You have contradicted yourself, repeatedly, over the last 3-4 pages.   

While biz is batshit crazy(or an expert troll), he does stick to his argument regardless of how retarded it is.     Maybe you could do the same.
Um, what?

You can't controll what gender you are attracted to. This is a fact. Some people are only attracted to one gender. Some people are attracted to both or no gender.

All of this is irrelevant to the marriage question. Even if it was a choice, gay people should still be allowed to marry.

What's your point?

When did you choose to be attracted to women, bis?
I'm still waiting for your point, mike
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Gay marriage is not legal in many states.    If you want to get married, don't choose a same sex partner(which I thought we agreed, was a possibility). 
And, if your reasoning for denying gay marriage is that it's a choice, well, your argument is made.
I want to deny marrying interracial couples. It's a choice.  My argument is made.

Nope
5/1/2013 2:01 PM

Um, what?

What's your point?

Common sense is one.  Probably everyone you ever ask the question of "Can you decide you want to be attracted to the opposite sex of what you're attracted to now?" is another.
5/1/2013 2:01 PM

That fight has been fought.

I think you and I both know that SSM and interracial are not the same.   You know, different body parts and stuff.
5/1/2013 2:04 PM
Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Anyone can choose to have sex with anyone they choose.  They still have an attraction towards one sex or another. 

I agree with you here.

The difference is that I recognize that people are defined by what they do and not by attraction, feelings, or what they say they are.
So if you have gay sex, are you always gay then?  Since we're comparing the two.  A criminal is someone who has committed a crime.

Not unless you continue to have gay sex or be in relationships with someone of the same gender. A criminal doesn't always remain a criminal, either. People's decisions can and often do change over time.
Being a choice is not an argument for or against anything.

Maybe not for you, but there are MANY people who believe that because sexuality is a choice it is perfectly legal and correct not to allow same sex marriage.

Again, and I really mean no offense by this, but try thinking outside your own limited perspective for once.
Isn't a criminal someone who has committed a crime? No? Fine.  The criminal/homosexuality comparison has been discussed ad nauseum here.

"The difference is that I recognize that people are defined by what they do and not by attraction, feelings, or what they say they are."

Yes, I understand you define them that way in regards to sexuality.

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:04:00 PM (view original):

I think you and I both know that SSM and interracial are not the same.   You know, different body parts and stuff.
So wait, there are OTHER reasons to deny homosexual marriage other than "It's a choice you make?"
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):

Um, what?

What's your point?

Common sense is one.  Probably everyone you ever ask the question of "Can you decide you want to be attracted to the opposite sex of what you're attracted to now?" is another.
Sorry, that's not good enough.   You strongly stated that sexual attraction is uncontrollable.    I want to know how you know this.  
5/1/2013 2:05 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:04:00 PM (view original):

So wait, there are OTHER reasons to deny homosexual marriage other than "It's a choice you make?"
Don't confuse yourself.   

You agreed that there might be some homosexuals who chose that lifestyle.   Some have argued that choosing to be homosexual does not mean you get the same rights to marriage.    Now we just need to sort out who chose to be a homosexual and who had the uncontrollable sexual attraction to the same sex.   Then we can argue who should be allowed to be legally married.
5/1/2013 2:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):

Um, what?

What's your point?

Sorry, that's not good enough.   You strongly stated that sexual attraction is uncontrollable.    I want to know how you know this.  
How do you know that being gay is a choice? Did you choose to be straight?
5/1/2013 2:08 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:07:00 PM (view original):
How do you know there are no people with green blood? MAYBE there is! How do you KNOW?

I don't.  Have I stated that?   Because, as you know, BL has stated that sexual attraction is uncontrollable.   I want to know how he knows this.

BL may have an uncontrollable sexual attraction.   Fine.  Can't dispute that.
I do not have green blood.

Neither of those mean it applies to everyone.
5/1/2013 2:09 PM
I made a ridiculous "How do you people dont have green blood?" question but deleted it because I understand the flaw in that argument.

I don't understand how it could be controllable.  Maybe you can explain.
5/1/2013 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...114|115|116|117|118...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.