DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by The Taint on 4/2/2013 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 4/2/2013 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/1/2013 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/1/2013 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Yes. And yes.

Give me the reasons why I'm wrong. If you're going to say "sanctity of marriage" or something, dive deeper for me.
It's been my observation from my own experiences, both thinking back to when I was a child and now as a parent, that men (fathers) and women (mothers) both bring something different and unique to the family and parenting experience.  That leads to a more rounded upbringing for children.  That's the traditional family unit (a mother, a father, one or more children).  I don't believe that homosexual couples (two fathers or two mothers), in general, can bring that same kind of upbringing to a child.

That's not to say that they can't be good parents in their own right.  But I believe that a child up for adoption, in the long run, would be better served in a heterosexual parent family than in a homosexual parent family, so that they can get a more well rounded upbringing.
How man people do you know that were raised by homosexual couples?
How many?
None.
4/2/2013 9:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2013 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 4/2/2013 9:24:00 AM (view original):
You can not worry about it all you want, or not care. Intolerance has been around forever, and unless acted upon, is not against the law. Would you hire a gay truck driver who was married to another man?
You seem to be under the impression that I'm against gay marriage.  I actually don't care.   I just don't like the reasoning behind why it should be allowed.

I'll hire anyone who is capable of doing the job and isn't a criminal.
Two consenting adults want to do something that won't affect you or anyone else. Why do you want to stop them?
4/2/2013 9:33 AM
Posted by The Taint on 4/2/2013 9:30:00 AM (view original):
I have/had no impressions from you about gay marriage. Nor do I care.

Then you're golden.
If you have/had no impressions from me about gay marriage, don't you think your "would you hire a gay, married man" question is a bit odd?

The fact that you chose to sling unprovoked insults seems to indicate that you do care.
4/2/2013 9:36 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/2/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
You can not worry about it all you want, or not care. Intolerance has been around forever, and unless acted upon, is not against the law. Would you hire a gay truck driver who was married to another man?
You seem to be under the impression that I'm against gay marriage.  I actually don't care.   I just don't like the reasoning behind why it should be allowed.

Two consenting adults want to do something that won't affect you or anyone else. Why do you want to stop them?
I think "It doesn't affect you, why do you care?" is a poor reason to allow something that hasn't been allowed before.   Simple as that.  Give me a better reason.
4/2/2013 9:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2013 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/2/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):

I think "It doesn't affect you, why do you care?" is a poor reason to allow something that hasn't been allowed before.   Simple as that.  Give me a better reason.
But it has been allowed before. It's happening now. The sky isn't falling.

What's your reasoning for wanting to stop it?
4/2/2013 9:38 AM
It's a recent phenomenom.   An ongoing battle so to speak.

Give me a reason other than "It doesn't affect you, why do you care?"    

Please keep in mind that I don't care about equality in this specific case.
4/2/2013 9:41 AM
I think people should have the freedom to marry the person they love.

Why do you want to stop that?
4/2/2013 9:43 AM
Do you consider that a reason that would change my mind?

I think you can love someone deeply without government approval, a ring or a document declaring your deep love.

4/2/2013 9:46 AM
I don't care if that changes your mind.

What's your reason for wanting to stop it?
4/2/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2013 9:41:00 AM (view original):
It's a recent phenomenom.   An ongoing battle so to speak.

Give me a reason other than "It doesn't affect you, why do you care?"    

Please keep in mind that I don't care about equality in this specific case.
This.

Either do what I request or quit addressing me on the matter.
4/2/2013 9:50 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2013 9:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 4/2/2013 9:30:00 AM (view original):
I have/had no impressions from you about gay marriage. Nor do I care.

Then you're golden.
If you have/had no impressions from me about gay marriage, don't you think your "would you hire a gay, married man" question is a bit odd?

The fact that you chose to sling unprovoked insults seems to indicate that you do care.
Nah, don't care.  Just burning some time before I go put in my last day before vacation.  Coooooperstown this weekend.

4/2/2013 9:55 AM
Suppose Obama releases a statement declaring that anyone married in Florida from 2009 to present is not legally married due to improper paperwork processing by the state.    Do you think those people will suddenly feel that their relationship is less?
4/2/2013 9:56 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2013 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Suppose Obama releases a statement declaring that anyone married in Florida from 2009 to present is not legally married due to improper paperwork processing by the state.    Do you think those people will suddenly feel that their relationship is less?
Shouldn't we let them decide for themselves? Or should we just tell them to go **** themselves, marriage isn't all that important?
4/2/2013 10:13 AM
Who said they couldn't decide for themselves?

Who said we should tell them to go **** themselves?

I said their marriage is now invalid.   I don't think anyone who still loves their partner will go "Ahh, ****.  That's two wasted years."
4/2/2013 10:17 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2013 10:17:00 AM (view original):
Who said they couldn't decide for themselves?

Who said we should tell them to go **** themselves?

I said their marriage is now invalid.   I don't think anyone who still loves their partner will go "Ahh, ****.  That's two wasted years."
No, but they will probably want to go get married.
4/2/2013 10:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.