DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Words.
5/10/2013 9:33 AM
Wow, burnsy.
5/10/2013 9:42 AM
Since the Amazing Bistza has shown an uncanny ability to accurately read my mind, I'm wondering if he can tell me what number between 10,000 and 4,500,000,000 I'm thinking of now?
5/10/2013 9:53 AM
I don't need to read your mind to know what's going on, tec.

Your response is a classic pattern that is easy to spot by anyone who knows it for what it is. Like I said, it's a technique playground bullies try to use.

The difference is that it could work to fool your peers when you are five years old on the playground, but not so much here with me, because I'll point it out.

It then becomes a humorous irony - you claim you were making fun of me, but I've turned it around and pointed out your mistakes in a manner such that you're effectively making fun of yourself as you carry on with it.

So, carry on at your own discretion. It really is quite entertaining.

5/10/2013 10:04 AM
Ignore the troll.
5/10/2013 10:13 AM
You're asking us to ignore you, BL?

I've done it before. It is fun to read your posts sometimes, though.

5/10/2013 10:20 AM
You are blocking the author of this post, bistiza, because he's an obvious troll.
5/10/2013 10:22 AM

Perhaps instead of acting childish and trying to make fun of people, you should suck it up and either learn how to argue better or accept that you can't get the best of someone with better debate skills than you.

Perhaps you should learn the difference between having "better debate skills" and being too ignorant, stupid, and stubborn to realize that the reason everyone disagrees with you is because your arguments are illogical and unfounded, in spite of your constant insistence to the contrary.
5/10/2013 4:43 PM
5/10/2013 4:47 PM
If everyone else thinks you're an idiot and you think you're a genius, chances are everyone else is right.

Yes, there are exceptions.  You're not the first guy trying to convince the world he's Socrates or Galileo.  Unfortunately I've seen more misunderstood geniuses in the last 5 years than have actually existed in human history.

5/10/2013 5:04 PM

Perhaps you should learn the difference between having "better debate skills" and being too ignorant, stupid, and stubborn to realize that the reason everyone disagrees with you is because your arguments are illogical and unfounded, in spite of your constant insistence to the contrary.

First, everyone doesn't disagree with me. A few people in this topic do, but  they are far from everyone, so please stop trying to exaggerate the situation.

Second, the only reason you say my arguments are "illogical and unfounded" is because you don't have an effective argument against them. In your frustration you are looking for an easy way to dispense of my arguments without really saying anything of substance, so you just throw this out there as an attempt to do that.

In short: You only say my arguments are "illogical and unfounded" because you disagree with the point they make.

Find me someone who honestly agrees with my point but thinks it's being argued illogically and it might mean something, but coming from you, it smells of sour grapes from someone who is used to being the best debater on any topic finding out that's no longer the case.
You're not the first guy trying to convince the world he's Socrates or Galileo.  Unfortunately I've seen more misunderstood geniuses in the last 5 years than have actually existed in human history.
In this case the analogy is quite accurate.

I'm presenting logical and factual information which indicates the opinion held by the vast majority of people is essentially BS, yet not only in spite of but in fact BECAUSE of the well-reasoned argument I'm making,  I'm meeting with massive resistance and stubbornness on the part of others.

That is exactly the scenario dealt with by famous minds of the past when they presented logical and factual information to a public that wasn't ready for it and resisted it in a similar manner.

There is no "misunderstood genius" involved - no, merely the stubborn refusal of a group of people to accept the reality because doing so doesn't fit their personal agendas, the same as they've done in the past against others, some of whom have been mentioned here.

5/10/2013 8:25 PM
5/10/2013 9:59 PM
Posted by bistiza on 5/10/2013 8:25:00 PM (view original):

First, everyone doesn't disagree with me. A few people in this topic do, but  they are far from everyone, so please stop trying to exaggerate the situation.

Second, the only reason you say my arguments are "illogical and unfounded" is because you don't have an effective argument against them. In your frustration you are looking for an easy way to dispense of my arguments without really saying anything of substance, so you just throw this out there as an attempt to do that.

In short: You only say my arguments are "illogical and unfounded" because you disagree with the point they make.

Find me someone who honestly agrees with my point but thinks it's being argued illogically and it might mean something, but coming from you, it smells of sour grapes from someone who is used to being the best debater on any topic finding out that's no longer the case.
You're not the first guy trying to convince the world he's Socrates or Galileo.  Unfortunately I've seen more misunderstood geniuses in the last 5 years than have actually existed in human history.
In this case the analogy is quite accurate.

I'm presenting logical and factual information which indicates the opinion held by the vast majority of people is essentially BS, yet not only in spite of but in fact BECAUSE of the well-reasoned argument I'm making,  I'm meeting with massive resistance and stubbornness on the part of others.

That is exactly the scenario dealt with by famous minds of the past when they presented logical and factual information to a public that wasn't ready for it and resisted it in a similar manner.

There is no "misunderstood genius" involved - no, merely the stubborn refusal of a group of people to accept the reality because doing so doesn't fit their personal agendas, the same as they've done in the past against others, some of whom have been mentioned here.

So all these people, who can't agree About any of the dumbshit that has been posted on these boards over the last decade, nothing nada, zip, zilch, bubkus, finally agree on something, and you think you know better. Delusional buddy....or you're just a troll.
5/10/2013 10:15 PM
It's the only logical explanation.
5/10/2013 10:17 PM
5/11/2013 6:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...146|147|148|149|150...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.