DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by bistiza on 5/28/2013 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Bis thinks he logically proved something. Everyone else laughs/ignores/calls him stupid.

Let's correct this:

Bis has logically proven his point. Several others are acting like petulant children because they're annoyed/frustrated/angry they can't come up with an effective counterargument. BL is one of those, as is tecwrg (and genghis if you think he's somehow not the same as BL).
I guess this means no, he's not familiar with Occam's razor.
5/28/2013 12:43 PM
LOL

I just used Occam's razor when I told you what was happening in this thread.

Looks like we found the person who is not familiar with the concept (and too lazy to look it up), and your "winner" is genghisxcon.

5/28/2013 2:11 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 5/28/2013 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 5/28/2013 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Bis thinks he logically proved something. Everyone else laughs/ignores/calls him stupid.

Let's correct this:

Bis has logically proven his point. Several others are acting like petulant children because they're annoyed/frustrated/angry they can't come up with an effective counterargument. BL is one of those, as is tecwrg (and genghis if you think he's somehow not the same as BL).
I guess this means no, he's not familiar with Occam's razor.
Well, he's 12, so I'm not surprised.
5/28/2013 2:28 PM
Posted by bistiza on 5/28/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):
LOL

I just used Occam's razor when I told you what was happening in this thread.

Looks like we found the person who is not familiar with the concept (and too lazy to look it up), and your "winner" is genghisxcon.

No, you didn't.

Occam's razor postulates that the simplest explanation is probably correct. Not the most simple-minded. Or the most comforting to bistiza's delicate psyche.

The simplest explanation, Prince Myshkin, is that you're an idiot.
5/28/2013 3:54 PM
I would agree that biz is a complete idiot, but then that would become the majority opinion of him.  And according to biz, the majority opinion should be automatically dismissed as propaganda.
5/28/2013 9:13 PM
Occam's razor postulates that the simplest explanation is probably correct.

THIS:
Bis has logically proven his point. Several others are acting like petulant children because they're annoyed/frustrated/angry they can't come up with an effective counterargument.

is the simplest explanation possible for what has gone on for much of this thread.
The simplest explanation, Prince Myshkin, is that you're an idiot.

Except that runs contrary to what has actually taken place, and is just you trying to justify your own misguided, emotion-based opinion - and misguided, emotion-based opinions are really at the root of the problem for several people in this thread. 

Congratulations - you've now managed to not only act like a petulant child yet again, but also to show that you don't understand yet another rather simple concept (Occam's razor).
And according to biz, the majority opinion should be automatically dismissed as propaganda.

No. I never said anything of the sort.

If you actually had any critical thinking skills, you'd be able to figure out what is and is not propaganda and you'd know it's not simply the majority opinion.
5/29/2013 8:38 AM

5/29/2013 8:47 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/29/2013 8:47:00 AM (view original):

This
5/29/2013 9:16 AM
Let's examine who the troll is:

It's a person who posts hostile comments and tries to disrupt legitimate forum discussion.

Yet when I try to hold legitimate forum discussion, several others here make hostile comments, and yet you want to imply that I am somehow a troll?

Yes, when you're the childish moron hurling insults, someone else must be the troll.

****ing ignorant fools is what you are.

5/29/2013 9:45 AM
I think this thread has run the full course.

None of you are anything special. You all follow the same predictable pattern as any other group of ignorant fools who can't handle a real argument.

1. Your emotion-based opinions challenged.

2.  You expect to bowl over anyone who challenges your opinions with several fallacy-filled reasons why you think you're right, such as "because I say so" and "because we all agree" and "because propaganda tells me so."

3. You quickly become frustrated and angry when your weak attempts that normally bowl over others have no effect on someone with real debate skills.

4. You begin to grasp for straws and descend into any desperate attempt you think might help you. These commonly including personal attacks on the individual challenging you and appeals for support from those who agree with you but also can't articulate a real argument as to why.

5. When all else fails, you call the challenger a troll and attempt to convince everyone to ignore them, because that way you don't have to admit you were wrong.
5/29/2013 4:28 PM
Tec - I slightly disagree with something you said 75 pages ago. Lets talk about it now.
5/29/2013 5:32 PM
I see bis is still having difficulty comprehending Occam's razor. Let's try applying it to the following, uh, "totally fictional" example:

A certain unnamed person derails conversation on a divisive social issue, uniting people on both sides of the debate in the belief that said person is a delusional, narcissistic idiot. Which is the most reasonable explanation?

A) They're all jealous of his awesome debate skills.

B) They're all aliases.

C) Said person is a delusional, narcissistic idiot.
5/29/2013 10:49 PM (edited)
If everybody is united in the belief that some fictitious person is a delusional, narcissistic idiot, then obviously they are part of some insidious conspiracy to spread lies and propaganda as part of their agenda.

I'm thinking it's the Freemasons.

#trustnobody
5/29/2013 8:39 PM
Posted by bistiza on 5/29/2013 4:28:00 PM (view original):
I think this thread has run the full course.

None of you are anything special. You all follow the same predictable pattern as any other group of ignorant fools who can't handle a real argument.

1. Your emotion-based opinions challenged.

2.  You expect to bowl over anyone who challenges your opinions with several fallacy-filled reasons why you think you're right, such as "because I say so" and "because we all agree" and "because propaganda tells me so."

3. You quickly become frustrated and angry when your weak attempts that normally bowl over others have no effect on someone with real debate skills.

4. You begin to grasp for straws and descend into any desperate attempt you think might help you. These commonly including personal attacks on the individual challenging you and appeals for support from those who agree with you but also can't articulate a real argument as to why.

5. When all else fails, you call the challenger a troll and attempt to convince everyone to ignore them, because that way you don't have to admit you were wrong.
Where does delete previous responses go on that list? I'm going to say 2.5.
5/29/2013 9:08 PM
Narcissistic personality disorder
Consult a doctor if you have a medical concern.
Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an excessive sense of self-importance, an extreme preoccupation with themselves, and lack of empathy for others.
5/29/2013 10:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...171|172|173|174|175...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.