DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

5/30/2013 8:15 AM
Wrong thread?
5/30/2013 8:18 AM
Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an excessive sense of self-importance, an extreme preoccupation with themselves, and lack of empathy for others.
This falls perfectly under my previous number 4 - grasping at straws while descending into any desperate attempt you think might help you.

This one is a classic and predictable defense mechanism for those on the losing side of any argument.

Let's sum it up: The guy who has completely owned you in the argument simply MUST be crazy somehow.  So you do an internet search and label your debate opponent as whatever you decide he must be in your own personal "diagnosis". That's the ticket, because it'll sure distract from how terrible your argument has been.

Once again, it must feel great for you to know that you're nothing special and do the same things many people do when they realize they've been owned in a debate and can do absolutely nothing about it.

5/30/2013 8:35 AM
5/30/2013 8:38 AM
Posted by The Taint on 5/29/2013 9:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 5/29/2013 4:28:00 PM (view original):
I think this thread has run the full course.

None of you are anything special. You all follow the same predictable pattern as any other group of ignorant fools who can't handle a real argument.

1. Your emotion-based opinions challenged.

2.  You expect to bowl over anyone who challenges your opinions with several fallacy-filled reasons why you think you're right, such as "because I say so" and "because we all agree" and "because propaganda tells me so."

3. You quickly become frustrated and angry when your weak attempts that normally bowl over others have no effect on someone with real debate skills.

4. You begin to grasp for straws and descend into any desperate attempt you think might help you. These commonly including personal attacks on the individual challenging you and appeals for support from those who agree with you but also can't articulate a real argument as to why.

5. When all else fails, you call the challenger a troll and attempt to convince everyone to ignore them, because that way you don't have to admit you were wrong.
Where does delete previous responses go on that list? I'm going to say 2.5.
Fo sho
5/30/2013 9:15 AM

EXTREME NARCISSISTS
5/30/2013 9:24 AM
Jesusfuckchrist.   If you fuckknobs aren't just trolling the troll, he's playing you like a banjo in Deliverance. 

This is nothing but bait to garner a response:

Posted by bistiza on 5/29/2013 4:28:00 PM (view original):
I think this thread has run the full course.

None of you are anything special. You all follow the same predictable pattern as any other group of ignorant fools who can't handle a real argument.

And did he get one?  Yes, he did.   Dumbasses.
5/30/2013 9:28 AM
tec,

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else. I'm just making sure you know what's happening (and has already happened) in this thread. I understand sometimes the truth hurts, but that's life.

mike,

All I did was tell the truth in a concise and accurate way. In fact, it's so accurate it bears repeating:

5/30/2013 9:57 AM
Holy ****!

A credible news source confirms that biz was right all along!

Who knew?
5/30/2013 2:10 PM
What's really funny is that in order to make this work as satire they had to make the subject of the article an infant.  After all, if the subject were older, the story would be seen as truth that isn't really newsworthy. 

It's amazing how much factual information and even wisdom they attribute to the infant here. Then again, in order to do satire well, there has to be some truth involved.

5/30/2013 2:35 PM
I'm not sure which is funnier:

a)  A notorious satire website has basically regurgitated bistiza's "homosexuality is a choice" argument almost word for word, for comedy effect

or

b)  bistiza is using the satire article as affirmation of his argument ("Wow, they nailed it precisely!")

Either way . . . LOL @ bistiza.
5/30/2013 3:58 PM
What's funny is you don't understand how your link doesn't show what you think it does, because you have no idea how satire works despite the fact that I told you about it in the last post.

The satire bends truths to create humor by applying those truths to situations they don't function in. You should get that, since you like to bend and twist what I have to say into something it's not: Case in point, I wasn't using the satire to affirm my argument. I was trying to educate your ignorant *** on how satire works.

5/30/2013 5:19 PM
LOL.
5/31/2013 8:12 AM
Do you enjoy laughing at your own inability to understand things? That would explain a great deal.

As for the article, the only thing that makes it satire is the fact that they attributed it to a baby. If they said an adult had made those statements, it wouldn't be satire. Of course you don't get that, though - satire is one more concept that you fail to grasp. What a shock.

5/31/2013 8:52 AM
LOL.
5/31/2013 9:09 AM
◂ Prev 1...172|173|174|175|176...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.