DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Because he's run out of argument.
6/18/2013 8:02 AM
I assume that to be true.   "One man, one woman" has been the generally accepted definition of marriage for centuries.   There's never been a "two adults of opposite gender but same race" definition anywhere but in badluck's mind.    If he thinks the definition should be changed by the government, that's fine.  But there is no precedent for it.
6/18/2013 8:17 AM
BL ran out of argument a LONG time ago, but he's like an animal that keeps ramming its head into a hard object trying to knock it over even though it's futile.

He'll eventually tire and leave, but when he feels better he'll come back full force and want to restart an argument he gave up on before.

6/18/2013 8:38 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/18/2013 7:07:00 AM (view original):
Why do you ask questions that have been answered?
Just want to make sure we're clear on what direction the trend is going.
6/18/2013 9:32 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/18/2013 8:17:00 AM (view original):
I assume that to be true.   "One man, one woman" has been the generally accepted definition of marriage for centuries.   There's never been a "two adults of opposite gender but same race" definition anywhere but in badluck's mind.    If he thinks the definition should be changed by the government, that's fine.  But there is no precedent for it.
Well, the government has already redefined marriage to include gay couples. So...?
6/18/2013 9:36 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/18/2013 9:36:00 AM (view original):
Well, the government has already redefined marriage to include gay couples. So...?
DOMA defined marriage as one man/one woman.  So...?
6/18/2013 9:51 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/18/2013 9:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/18/2013 9:36:00 AM (view original):
DOMA defined marriage as one man/one woman.  So...?
States determine marriage law(11 allow gay marriage). DOMA will literally be dead in a matter of days.
6/18/2013 9:54 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/18/2013 9:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/18/2013 7:07:00 AM (view original):
Why do you ask questions that have been answered?
Just want to make sure we're clear on what direction the trend is going.
And has that not already been answered?

Seriously, we like to think we're being given more liberties.   It seems we are.   But, with these "new rights", I think we're finding out that the govt is keeping an ever more watchful eye on us.   You know why?   Because society now is NOT better than society in the past.    We **** up our liberties. 

So, I'll ask again, does allowing SSM somehow make our society better?  Or does it simply placate a small percentage of people?
6/18/2013 10:10 AM
Yes, it makes society better.
6/18/2013 10:24 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/18/2013 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Because you say so?
6/18/2013 10:46 AM
Are you now aware, tec, that BL is the Czar of Everything?

Because BL says so is BL's standard argument for anything. Occasionally he switches it up to "because other people agree with me". The rest is just filler aimed to support those two "arguments".

6/18/2013 11:17 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/18/2013 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/18/2013 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Because you say so?
Mike asked. That's my opinion. Do you disagree?
6/18/2013 11:28 AM
I do disagree.

Political correctness is the ruination of American society.

For the sake of "progress" and "liberty", we are now being told how we're supposed to feel (or not feel), what we're supposed to think (or not think), what we're supposed to do (or not do), and what we're supposed to say (or not say) in any given situation.

SSM is yet another "politically correct" thing that we are now expected to embrace for fear of being castigated by the left.  Who, ironically, are much more closed minded than those people they oppose for that very reason.

So no, this does not sound like society is better off by this.
6/18/2013 11:37 AM

Agreed times 500 billion.
6/18/2013 11:44 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/18/2013 11:37:00 AM (view original):
I do disagree.

For the sake of "progress" and "liberty", we are now being told how we're supposed to feel (or not feel), what we're supposed to think (or not think), what we're supposed to do (or not do), and what we're supposed to say (or not say) in any given situation.

SSM is yet another "politically correct" thing that we are now expected to embrace for fear of being castigated by the left.  Who, ironically, are much more closed minded than those people they oppose for that very reason.

So no, this does not sound like society is better off by this.
You're wrong.

You don't have to embrace ****. You don't have to do it. You don't have to change your beliefs. You don't have to like it. You can keep your life exactly the same.

What you can't do is stop other people from living the life they want to live. Another persons marriage doesn't impact your life or infringe on your rights. Don't infringe on their life.
6/18/2013 11:49 AM
◂ Prev 1...203|204|205|206|207...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.