DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Moonlight Graham Cafe

Tonight's Special:

Red Herring
7/3/2013 8:04 PM
Holy crap this thread just keeps going.

dahsbater you say ppl do not have to live on reservation and can go elsewhere, well I would love to form my own reservation with my own rules and tell ppl they can go elsewhere if they dont like the rules but I cant do that so why are the indians so speacial?

7/5/2013 10:27 AM
It's 2013.

Isn't it time to put this "reservation" crap behind us and move on?
7/5/2013 10:46 AM
Without reservations, you get long line ups at restaurants.

I don't see a problem.
7/5/2013 10:47 AM
Posted by deathinahole on 7/5/2013 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Without reservations, you get long line ups at restaurants.

I don't see a problem.
Especially for parties of 8 or more, I mean come on, we aren't ******* animals.
7/5/2013 11:10 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/5/2013 10:46:00 AM (view original):
It's 2013.

The reservations were created in treaties, there are signed legal documents establishing their existence.  How do you want to get rid of them?  It's not just a "cultural heritage" thing, there is a legal groundwork at their foundation.
7/5/2013 2:27 PM
How do I get rid of them?  I could call the restaurant and cancel, I suppose.
7/5/2013 3:05 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/5/2013 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/5/2013 10:46:00 AM (view original):
It's 2013.

The reservations were created in treaties, there are signed legal documents establishing their existence.  How do you want to get rid of them?  It's not just a "cultural heritage" thing, there is a legal groundwork at their foundation.
He's trolling.
7/5/2013 3:30 PM
Obviously, but anything to push the discussion back to where they try to convince us it's entirely reasonable to give homosexuals fewer rights than heterosexuals.
7/5/2013 8:12 PM
Can heterosexuals marry anybody they want?

Can homosexuals marry anybody they want?

Here's a clue: both questions have the same answer.

Discuss among yourselves.  As I've already pointed out, I've checked out of this particular line of discussion.
7/5/2013 8:32 PM
Depends on the level of depth of the question.  In a free society like ours, the vast majority of the time the heterosexual will want to marry an adult member of the opposite sex.  Well over 90%.  So for the vast majority of instances, the answer is yes.  Homosexuals will nearly always want to marry someone of the opposite sex, and in many places the answer to the second question is therefore "no."  I think when you said "want," you didn't actually mean "want."  You really just meant "Can hetero/homosexuals marry anybody?" to which the answer in each case would be no.  But the actual questions you asked, the answers are generally not the same.
7/5/2013 8:51 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/5/2013 8:32:00 PM (view original):

Discuss among yourselves.  As I've already pointed out, I've checked out of this particular line of discussion.
In some states the answer to both is now yes. I still don't see why anyone would care who someone else marries.
7/5/2013 8:58 PM

iow, "I'm done here," but you keep posting the same senseless drivel.

It seems bistiza has hacked tec's account.
7/5/2013 10:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/5/2013 8:58:00 PM (view original):

In some states the answer to both is now yes. I still don't see why anyone would care who someone else marries.

Do you care if tec's brother marries his sister?

7/6/2013 6:48 AM
No, I don't. Are you saying that incest and homosexuality are the same?
7/6/2013 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...271|272|273|274|275...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.