DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 4/9/2013 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Is your side telling someone else how they can live their life?

Yes? Then you're the *******.
"I know you are, but what am I?"

Here's the hypocrisy of your argument . . . it's OK for you to force your beliefs on me, but it's not OK for me to say "no, thanks".

Typical left wing bullshit.  Everybody is supposed to be tolerant of other people's views and opinions, unless their views and opinions differ with yours.  In which case, the other people are ********.
4/9/2013 2:27 PM
Who's forcing you to get gay married?
4/9/2013 2:30 PM
You're trying to force me to accept the concept of gay "marriage".
4/9/2013 2:32 PM
I'm with tec on this one - everyone has the right to believe what they want.

On top of that, no one has to tolerate the same ideas others tolerate. People are allowed to have their own opinions.

4/9/2013 3:04 PM
biz, regardless of whether or not you share the reason of what makes you an ***, or a racist, or a sexist, or a homophobe, it doesn't mean you aren't one of those things.  
4/9/2013 3:17 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/9/2013 2:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/9/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
I dunno, tec.  You claim there's no difference between marriage and civil unions.  It's just an extra piece of paper. Yet, when asked if it was important to you to have this piece of paper, you don't want to answer the question.  Which means that it must mean SOMETHING to you.

If this is a religious thing, I'll stop arguing with you, I can't change your faith.  If you're just going to argue "history and tradition" there's no many holes in that.
It's not a religious thing.  It's history and tradition.  That's something that's meaningful to me.

I guess that you don't understand that people can have deep seated feelings of respect and value for history and tradition. 
History and tradition are meaningful? Or the marriage?

And why?
4/9/2013 3:18 PM
History and tradition.

If you don't think that history and tradition is meaningful, then we have no common ground on which to discuss the issue.
4/9/2013 3:39 PM
I have a buddy who is a Mets fan.   He said "I'm gonna miss Shea Stadium."   I said "Why?  It's a goddam shithole.  Maybe 2nd worst in the majors just ahead of Tropicana."    He said "Yeah but it's the only shithole I've known.  My dad took me to games there when I was a kid."

Do you think history and tradition was meaningful to him?  
4/9/2013 3:48 PM
It depends what it is.  Am I proud of this country's history and tradition as a democracy, where we can vote for our leaders, rather than kings/queens/dictators doing the leading for us?  Absolutely.  Am I proud that the people who could vote originally were only white men with property? No.
4/9/2013 3:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/9/2013 3:48:00 PM (view original):
I have a buddy who is a Mets fan.   He said "I'm gonna miss Shea Stadium."   I said "Why?  It's a goddam shithole.  Maybe 2nd worst in the majors just ahead of Tropicana."    He said "Yeah but it's the only shithole I've known.  My dad took me to games there when I was a kid."

I said this.  Do we actually know each other?
4/9/2013 3:49 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/9/2013 3:49:00 PM (view original):

He's married so, unless you're going for full-on polygamy with your engagement, I don't think you're the same person.

Can I say "Well, that's just ******* stupid" since you miss Shea based on history and tradition?
4/9/2013 4:01 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/9/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
You don't have to like gay marriage, but it should be legal. Making it legal, by your own admission, doesn't affect you at all.

No one has been able to list one harm of allowing gay marriage.
4/9/2013 4:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/9/2013 4:01:00 PM (view original):

He's married so, unless you're going for full-on polygamy with your engagement, I don't think you're the same person.

Can I say "Well, that's just ******* stupid" since you miss Shea based on history and tradition?
That depends.  Does missing Shea mean I'm treating a group of people unfairly?
4/9/2013 4:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/9/2013 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/9/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
You don't have to like gay marriage, but it should be legal. Making it legal, by your own admission, doesn't affect you at all.

No one has been able to list one harm of allowing gay marriage.
FUTURE POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGES!!!!!!!
4/9/2013 4:22 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/9/2013 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/9/2013 4:01:00 PM (view original):

That depends.  Does missing Shea mean I'm treating a group of people unfairly?

Perhaps those opposing gay marriage don't think they're treating gays unfairly.   You know, because the historical and traditional definition of marriage is one man/one woman.
4/9/2013 4:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...56|57|58|59|60...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.