DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

"Please stop trying to compare people's inherent physical characteristics to the choices people make."

I'm arguing it's a physical characteristic, not a choice.  If you're arguing it's a choice, it's a choice in the sense of having brown hair and dying it blond.  You can choose to have blond hair in that sense.  

How am I flummoxed?

4/12/2013 10:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/12/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
I know gay men but not their partners.  To the best of my knowledge, none are in "serious" relationships.   I'm not particularly close to them so I'm sure I would not be asked what I thought or sent a wedding invitation.

I played co-ed softball at a pretty competitve level several years ago.   Playing to the stereotype, at least 50% of the women were lesbians.  That's who I hung out with between games and at night if we played into Sunday(I had a g/f and I figured she wouldn't gripe at me for hanging out with lesbians).   Had they asked me my opinion on SSM, I'm pretty sure I'd have said "I don't care either way.  But why is it important to you?" and, had they sent me an invitation, I'd have attended.   I would not have joined them on a march to the statehouse to demand their right to marry. 
"I don't care either way.  But why is it important to you?"

Are you sure you wouldn't have responded "It might lead to polygamous marriages, I'm not sure it's a good idea." ?
4/12/2013 10:12 AM

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have thought that much into it. 

There was a time when America wasn't that litigious.   I'd have thought "SSM?   Meh, whatever" because I wouldn't have assumed that a special interest group would have gone to court under the banner of "Happy and equal". 

I no longer feel that way.   I think every new law, every new liberty will lead to a lawsuit saying "Why not me?"

4/12/2013 10:17 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/12/2013 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Biz is a dumbass but he might be attempting to say "homosexual acts are a choice."     However, being a long-winded dumbass, he probably wrote 4 paragraphs while trying to say it and lost his point completely.
No, this is what he said:

No one's sexual preference is pre-determined. You can change your preference any time you'd like, the same way you can change your mind on any other decision.

That's plain retarded.
4/12/2013 10:18 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/12/2013 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/12/2013 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Biz is a dumbass but he might be attempting to say "homosexual acts are a choice."     However, being a long-winded dumbass, he probably wrote 4 paragraphs while trying to say it and lost his point completely.
No, this is what he said:

No one's sexual preference is pre-determined. You can change your preference any time you'd like, the same way you can change your mind on any other decision.

That's plain retarded.
My bad.  I haven't read his nonsense in months.   I forgot how stupid he is.
4/12/2013 10:19 AM
I'm arguing it's a physical characteristic, not a choice. 

Then you are arguing in circles. You can't establish your argument by saying it's already been established.

How am I flummoxed?

I already explained this. You said arguing with me is virtually impossible, and the reason was because I used a logical conclusion. My logic has you flummoxed. I'm not going to explain it again - go back and read it.

That's plain retarded.

No, it's plain FACT. Or do you somehow lack the ability to make choices?
4/12/2013 11:03 AM
If you're arguing it's a choice, it's a choice in the sense of having brown hair and dying it blond.  You can choose to have blond hair in that sense. 

I should also add that it's a choice that wouldn't make you as unhappy as having sex with a member of the same sex you don't have an attraction to.

4/12/2013 11:06 AM
I said arguing with you re: gay marriage is impossible if you don't agree that homosexuality isn't something you choose to do.  It has nothing to do with you being a "master debater."
4/12/2013 11:07 AM
You are straight or gay long before you have any sexual contact with another person. It's not a choice. Sure, you can choose to remain celibate, but I don't think that it is reasonable for anyone to expect that of anyone else.
4/12/2013 11:08 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/12/2013 11:03:00 AM (view original):

Then you are arguing in circles. You can't establish your argument by saying it's already been established.

How am I flummoxed?

I already explained this. You said arguing with me is virtually impossible, and the reason was because I used a logical conclusion. My logic has you flummoxed. I'm not going to explain it again - go back and read it.

That's plain retarded.

It's no more a choice than being born with blue eyes or brown eyes is a choice.

Dumbass.
4/12/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/12/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 4/12/2013 11:03:00 AM (view original):

How am I flummoxed?

That's plain retarded.

It's no more a choice than being born with blue eyes or brown eyes is a choice.

Dumbass.
Yeah but you can choose to never open your eyes and tell everyone you have blue eyes.
4/12/2013 11:29 AM
I'm a master debater and you cannot dispute my proof.
4/12/2013 11:34 AM
What proof?
4/12/2013 11:36 AM
I have given you 70 pages of proof and I will not repeat myself.   Look it up.
4/12/2013 11:39 AM
I said arguing with you re: gay marriage is impossible if you don't agree that homosexuality isn't something you choose to do.  It has nothing to do with you being a "master debater."

You're essentially admitting the only way to argue with me is if I agree with you to begin with, which would mean there wasn't an argument at all.

You are straight or gay long before you have any sexual contact with another person. It's not a choice.

Following that logic, where preferences are pre-determined, you also already know which foods are your favorites long before you ever eat them. Those people who are blind from birth should also already have a favorite color even though they've never seen colors. People deaf from birth probably have a favorite song too - since it's already pre-determined, they don't need to hear the song to know its their favorite.

Do you see how illogical your idea is? Probably not, because if you admit to your own lack of logic, your whole premise falls apart, so you'll probably choose denial.
It's no more a choice than being born with blue eyes or brown eyes is a choice. Dumbass.

You choose who you are with romantically and/or sexually. That IS a choice. Dumbass.
4/12/2013 11:40 AM
◂ Prev 1...69|70|71|72|73...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.