DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/23/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
I'm at work right now.   Not exactly "free time". 
Don't you own your own business?
I multi-task.   I've answered three emails and taken two calls between these posts.
So this is free time. Otherwise you'd be doing something more important.
4/23/2013 2:54 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/23/2013 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
I don't care what you argue about.   You said "Same as you" or some dumb **** like that. 

You, BL and tec have been arguing with biz for a month over dumb ****.   Even dumber **** in the last week.   I think you said "I'm done with this" at least twice.

That is not the "same as you". 
You asked if I was dumb or bored for arguing this nonsense.  I said "same as you" because you do the same **** with other retarded arguments.  I don't jump all over you when you argue something I have no interest in or think is retarded to argue.  I'll be sure to jump in and call you sad for arguing that next time I notice it though.
If I say "I'm done with this" more than once and continue the retarded argument, please do.   I'd be most appreciative of it because, obviously, something would be wrong with me.
4/23/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/23/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/23/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
I'm at work right now.   Not exactly "free time". 
Don't you own your own business?
I multi-task.   I've answered three emails and taken two calls between these posts.
So this is free time. Otherwise you'd be doing something more important.
Look up "multi-task" and get back to me.   If you want to delete your post when you figure it out, I'll delete mine where I point out that you don't know the meaning of "multi-task".    Maybe you can consult with biz.
4/23/2013 2:57 PM
I recognize that I do that - I've made fun of myself for doing it in the past. 

Now continue to argue about the appropriate times to post in the forums, which is a significantly "sadder" argument than the one we're having.
4/23/2013 2:58 PM
I'm not arguing about it when he posts.  Just pointing out the silliness of it.
4/23/2013 3:00 PM
Yes.  You're arguing that it's silly.  Which is sad.
4/23/2013 3:00 PM
Homosexuality, by it's specific "illogical" definition, is not a choice.

Of course it's not a choice. You choose who you are with. We all agree on that.

The only difference is while I realize that determines your sexual status, you and others insist it doesn't - even though that flies in the face of all logic.
When someone says "I'm homosexual, and that's not a choice I made," they're using the definition that you don't like but is generally accepted by almost everyone in our society.  If they used a different definition, it would confuse people.  You understand that, right?

When people got hit with the revelation that the sun didn't revolve around the earth, they reacted the same way you are here - well, everyone disagrees with you, so we're right - even though all logic says they weren't right and neither are you.

As for logic being confusing, that sometimes happens to those in two groups: The first group, who deliberately ignore it for the sake of their own agenda; or the second group, which are those foolish enough to buy the propaganda the first group is selling.

So which one are you?
4/23/2013 3:03 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/23/2013 3:00:00 PM (view original):
I'm not arguing that it is silly. 

It is silly.  Just a fact.
4/23/2013 3:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):

Ok, bis.
4/23/2013 3:08 PM
Of course it's not a choice. You choose who you are with. We all agree on that."

No. I said by it's "specific illogical definition."  Pay attention.

Biz, I understand what you are saying.  Nobody is disputing that everyone gets to choose who they have sex with.  But that's not what is being argued.  You're arguing that the definition of a word is wrong..... If I came on here and started yelling that what we think are apples are actually called ducks, you'd think I'm crazy, right?  I kinda think you're nuts for insisting that the definition of a word is wrong.  I've never heard someone do that before.

4/23/2013 3:08 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/23/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):

Ok, bis.

You cannot defeat my logic.

4/23/2013 3:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/23/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 2:16:00 PM (view original):
So you're heterosexual because you say so, even if you were to have a sexual encounter with a man? You know, because you are whatever the hell you say, no matter what you do?

------

Yes

Wow, I'm glad it works that way. Since I say I'm the richest guy in the world, I'm waiting for the money to fall from the sky. I'll let you know when it happens.
You can't say that you're the pope or batman, but you can say that blue is your favorite color and you are more attracted to women than to men.

--------

Which makes you straight. Once again, your attraction determines your sexuality. I didn't choose to be straight.

No, it doesn't. That's the point. Attraction does NOT determine your sexuality, except in the minds of those with an agenda or those stupid enough to believe propaganda.

You choose who you are with, and that is what determines your sexuality. So you do choose your sexual status.

We can keep going around and around all day. Until the pile of money suddenly falls on me because I say I'm the richest guy in the world, your argument makes no sense and I'm the only one whose argument holds any water.
You aren't rich. You wish you were rich because it would make your life easier, but you aren't.

Bruce isn't straight. He wishes he was straight because it would make his life easier, but he's not.
Bis?
4/23/2013 3:16 PM
 Nobody is disputing that everyone gets to choose who they have sex with.  But that's not what is being argued.

No, it's not.

The disagreement comes when I say the choice of who you are with determines your status because that makes logical sense and you say that isn't true because you and others simply don't want it to be true.
You're arguing that the definition of a word is wrong...

No, I'm not, and I never have been. YOU tried to make this about word definitions, and it hasn't ever been about that, despite your rants because you don't understand how a dictionary defines words.

I'm arguing the logical point that what you are is determined by what you do rather than what you say you are. This is a commonly accepted principle that applies to MANY situations, but you want to make a special exception for sexuality since if you can't make a special exception your argument falls apart.

Well, I'm telling you there is no special exception, so your argument has fallen apart. That's what I've been doing the whole time. It has nothing to do with definitions of words - that was just your attempt to grasp at straws because you knew logic didn't support your argument.
4/23/2013 3:18 PM
You aren't rich. You wish you were rich because it would make your life easier, but you aren't.
You have no idea what I am or what I wish. It's called a hypothetical.
Bruce isn't straight. He wishes he was straight because it would make his life easier, but he's not.
All he has to do is choose to be with women if he wants to be straight. It's not a difficult concept. That choice may not be his preference, but he can make that choice if he wants to be straight.

Saying he can't choose to be straight would be like saying you want to eat a cheeseburger but you're afraid it will make you fat if you do. If you CHOOSE not to eat the cheeseburger, that doesn't mean you somehow couldn't have eaten it - it just means you chose not to.

In the same way, if Bruce wants to be with a woman and be straight but is afraid he won't like it, that doesn't mean he can't choose to be straight - it just means he chose not to do so.
?
4/23/2013 3:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
I don't care what you argue about.   You said "Same as you" or some dumb **** like that. 

You, BL and tec have been arguing with biz for a month over dumb ****.   Even dumber **** in the last week.   I think you said "I'm done with this" at least twice.

That is not the "same as you". 
To be fair, I've only been doing periodic hit-and-run posts over the past couple of weeks to poke biz with a stick.  Because it's fun to see what stupid thing he'll say next. 
4/23/2013 3:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...90|91|92|93|94...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.