ROY HOBBS LEAGUE Season 20 - NEED 1 Topic

Roy Hobbs League will be entering its 19th season and will have a few openings. This league is one of the best!

The League is very competitive, great owner activity in trading and chat, and a dedicated News and reporting Staff. Great Blog with historical stats and awards galore. 

Also worthy of noting - Our world has VERY LOW  turnover, and we have filled within a day of rolling since season 3. Get in while you can, you won't be disappointed. (Actually for last season, when others waited weeks, we were full in only 4 days and it was right during the holidays). We have a great group and a great league! 

We have also added our own specific league rules to maximize competition and fairness as well as limit an owners ability to sabotage a team.  The rules are posted on our blog. The main rules are a maximum player salary cap to keep teams in good shape financially and a minimum win rule from year to year to keep teams from losing intentionally.

Our Blog address, Hobbsheadlines

If you would like to be a part of our GREAT league, please leave a post or sitemail palet99.

We have at least the following spots available.  Sitemail or post in this forum if interested.

** We are looking for owners who can commit for multiple seasons**

AVAILABLE TEAMS  -*New Owner can relocate and Rename Franchise*

Detroit Slumlords - NL EAST - Last season's record 75-87
4/3/2013 12:04 AM (edited)
For those of you looking for a ready made team the former Scranton franchise (NL East) was 83-79 last season and made the postseason.  The former Montreal franchise (AL North) was 87-75 and tied for a wildcard spot.  These teams probably won't be available too long so get your bid in.
3/30/2013 11:34 AM
Need 5. Scranton coming back in.
3/30/2013 1:53 PM
Roy Hobbs is the best HBD world there is,  the best there ever has been,  and the best there ever will be.
3/30/2013 10:49 PM
One team is from a Roy Hobbs original owner.
3/31/2013 10:14 AM
This was my first season in Hobbs and I enjoyed it more than any league I have been in.There is a complete lack of the kind of pointless sniping by one or two owners
I've seen in many other leagues.I don't go for that,whether I am the target or someone else(usually a struggling new owner)is. Everybody in this league is first class all
the way,regardless of their W/L record.

3/31/2013 1:23 PM
In addition,the available teams range from decent to pretty good,no bad teams although I prefer the horrible teams like this one so I can't be accused of trashing the team.
3/31/2013 1:25 PM
No drama, highly competitive, lots of fun,
3/31/2013 1:40 PM
My favorite league i'm in. No drama, no tanking issues. i personally enjoy the league rules we have in play, helps keep competitive balance and owners destroying teams. 
3/31/2013 5:13 PM
I'm interested in joining
3/31/2013 6:58 PM
send palet a Sitemail.
3/31/2013 8:20 PM
Kona is coming back with Seattle. Danos, is there a different team you would take? I'm thinking we are down to 3 left, with danos we would need 2.
4/1/2013 12:42 AM
3 left
4/1/2013 9:22 AM
This league is well worth a look. Very enjoyable.
4/1/2013 11:34 AM
Also responded via sitemail but I would take the Montreal franchise as well.  Thanks!
4/1/2013 2:13 PM
123 Next ▸
ROY HOBBS LEAGUE Season 20 - NEED 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.