Concordia Invitational Topic

Tonight the following games are:

Concordia @ John Carroll

John Carroll is favored by 5 points. The point guard match-up will be fun to watch tonight between James Loh (Sr.) and John Graves (Sr.). In the end I think the Blue Streaks will come out on top against my young squad. I do think we can make it a game for a while though. Both teams run press so it will be a fun and energetic game to watch. 

Northland @ Eureka

Northland will be looking to try and get back on track after the loss to John Carroll. Eureka is currently in first after beating up on Neuman. Vegas is calling for a close game as they have Northland favored by one point. Northland likes to hoist up some threes so if there are hitting against the Red Devils' zone then it could be a 10 point win for the Lumberjacks. In the end though I think that Eureka will pull it out but I think it will be a very close game. 
5/21/2013 9:30 PM

Good game BK.

5/22/2013 2:23 AM
Thanks you too!
5/22/2013 10:59 PM
Game Results:

John Carroll 74 Concordia 64

My prediction was correct. We were able to hang in there for a while but then five minutes into the 2nd Half the Blue Streaks were able to stretch there lead to about ten. John Carroll never looked back from there. The game wasn't really a ten point game, more like a 15-20 point game. Concordia turned the ball over 24 times and John Carroll had 17 turnovers. Stats were about even and Concordia even had the rebounding advantage by 5 despite the loss. 

The player of the game was Wendell Combs with 19 points 8-8 from the charity strike and 3 steals. I disagree with that though. I thought that the junior, Edward Hoffman, deserved it. He had a double double with 13 rebounds (6 offensive) and 14 points. 

For Concordia it would be a no brainer that it should go to James Loh who had 24 points off 10-19 shooting.
5/22/2013 11:43 PM (edited)
Eureka 78 Northland 71

Didn't get this game right though.. I was right that it was going to be a close game though. It was a back and forth game the whole time. With about four minutes left the Red Devils were able to get a 7 point lead that they maintained till the end. The key in my opinion was Eureka's press was the key. They forced 18 TOs which is a good amount but the Red Devils took advantage of them by scoring 32 points of turnovers. 

I would agree with the player of the game who was Adam Ryan. He had 18 points off 6-11 shooting and 6-7 FT. He also had 5 rebounds.

For Northland it would have to be Christopher Gorden. He had 20 points going 6-15 for 3.

Current Standings: 
1) Eureka 2-0 (+27)
2) John Carroll 2-0 (+23)
3) Concordia 1-1 (+0)
4) Northland 1-2 (-11)
5) Neumann 0-3 (-39)
5/23/2013 12:15 AM
Tonight's Games

Concordia @ Northland

The line is even and I think the game will show just that. It will be a very tight game but I think Northland will edge it out. Both teams rely on a guard for the bulk of their scoring. For Concordia it is Sr. James Loh avg. 20.3 PPG. For Northland it is Sr. Christopher Gorden avg 16.5 PPG.

John Carroll @ Eureka

This is a huge game and will most likely decide the winner of the first Concordia Invitational. John Carroll is favored by 2 points tonight. I am going to go with John Carroll in this one but it will be super close and quite possibly the best game you will see in the tournament. The key in my opinion is if Wendell Combs can hit threes against the Eureka zone. If he can it will be huge for the Blue Streaks and will most likely end up in a victory for them.
5/23/2013 12:25 AM
I'll get write ups of all the games up that don't have them soon.  Summer school started, didn't expect lots of work off the bat.
5/24/2013 4:26 AM
Final Standings: 
1) John Carroll 4-0 (+42)
3) Eureka 3-1 (+28)
3) Northland 2-2 (-1)
4) Concordia 1-3 (-12)
5) Neumann 0-4 (-53)

John Carroll wins the first ever Concordia Invitational! Congrats to the them and coach whot6r!
5/27/2013 12:16 PM
Thanks BK, it was fun!  Good luck to all of you the rest of the season. 
5/27/2013 7:59 PM
I will try and have stuff after each game. I was a little busy this time but I'll post more next time.
5/27/2013 8:13 PM
Yay whit6r!
5/27/2013 10:14 PM
Getting ready for season 2!
7/6/2013 8:39 AM
Yes sir! I will get some write ups here shortly!
7/6/2013 9:42 AM
Looking forward to it.
7/8/2013 12:48 AM
As the 2nd Concordia Invitational is about to start it is time to look into what the teams did last year and their teams this year.

Concordia- Last season the Falcons didn't have a great year but still made the postseason. They got knocked out in the first round of the PI but are looking to make the NT this season after two straight years of PI bids. Concordia finished 18-12 and lost 3 seniors. The Falcons lost their best player off last seasons team, James Loh. http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Default.aspx?pid=2335620 James led the Falcons in steals and points. He also set the steal record at Concordia. 

Eureka- Last season's runner up made the 

7/8/2013 6:48 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Concordia Invitational Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.