Who's the better defender? Topic

at the 3?  Man to Man, D2.

Name IQ Pos. A SPD DE BLK BH P ST
Kelvin Gaskins A- PF 69 50 65 65 31 32 80
Ron Leamon A- PG 67 85 59 2 52 69 70
4/1/2013 8:55 PM (edited)
Does it just boil down to if the guy is an inside scorer Gaskin?  if he's a PER based guy go with Leamon?
4/1/2013 8:56 PM
I would be awfully tempted to just play the second one.

But yes, there would tend to be a case by case decision as far as defense goes.
4/1/2013 9:15 PM
Was curious why you included BH and Pass if the question was pertaining strictly to defense?  Am I missing something?
4/1/2013 10:23 PM
The first one. I've noticed (like many others) the higher you go on positions (the 3,4,5), the less speed seems to matter defensively. I did some nonchalant experimenting with it and at the 3, I think speed matters very little (at least in man, press is probably a different story). I think the huge BLK advantage is definitely a bonus, but all in all I think the DEF rating is the most important defensive attribute at SF (unless the other guy has a high LP rating), and the large speed advantage Leamon has, doesn't really even come close to making him the better defender at the 3 in man.
4/1/2013 10:25 PM
Oh, definitely not my opinion as far as the 3. And if someone has an sf with a very low speed they can make me very happy indeed.
4/1/2013 10:52 PM
Who's the better defender? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.