Radical recruiting improvement idea #4712 Topic

Posted by slyman9 on 4/7/2013 1:27:00 AM (view original):
**these are all opinions of slyman9**
#1) the elite schools (UK, UNC, Duke, etc) in real life get most of the McDonalds All Americans and everyone else have to fight for whats left and that's more or less what is happening in HD so I don't personally think that is too much of an issue.
#2) I couldn't agree any more with nationalized recruiting but to say without increasing the dominance of top schools is totally opposite of the direction that I think things should go because I don't think the top schools should be penalized (the facts are that they are elite for a reason and therefore have certain advantages over everyone else). 
#3 I'm definitely open for discussion on this as Im not positive what exactly you have in mind but for starters I would love to have Word on the Street updated much more frequently.

I think a lot of owners see the elite (A+ & A prestige) DI teams getting a bunch of highly rated recruits and automatically think there is some issue that needs to be fixed. However IF DII and DIII functioned in the same way as DI where there are cut and dry rankings of who the best recruits are, then more people would be making the same arguments that the top teams are too powerful at these levels as well. As it stands though because of the ability to pulldown, there are no DII and DIII top 200 lists and thus no cries for change. To this end, I would like to see more nationalized recruiting with it being cheaper to recruit across the country the higher the prestige and at the same time for prices inside the magic 360 mi radius to decrease more from the levels they are already at. This would give the smaller "regional (mid-major)" programs the ability to defend their backyards' from aggressors that are at distance much like real life recruiting functions today
in HD, Anthony Bennett would be getting 10 minutes per game for a Syracuse team that still had Fab Melo
4/8/2013 10:56 AM
◂ Prev 12
Radical recruiting improvement idea #4712 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.