s-QUAD Draft Thread Topic

How about 1969 St. Louis Cardinals Pitchers ?
4/8/2013 4:29 AM
1946 Yankees Pitchers.  SM being sent.
4/8/2013 11:16 AM
I usually don't imagine what WIS managers look like, but I'll be picturing ljemd as John Locke from Lost from now on...
4/8/2013 1:30 PM
I'm going to snag the 1969 Oakland Athletics Pitching
4/8/2013 1:46 PM
Posted by AKlopp on 4/8/2013 1:30:00 PM (view original):
I usually don't imagine what WIS managers look like, but I'll be picturing ljemd as John Locke from Lost from now on...
Not far off.....
4/8/2013 6:00 PM
1969 Baltimore Orioles Pitching
4/8/2013 8:39 PM
1969 New York Mets Pitching
4/8/2013 8:53 PM
1969 Los Angeles Dodgers Pitching 
4/8/2013 10:28 PM
1946 Boston  Braves pitching
4/9/2013 4:56 AM
Sorry for a dumb question but I can't seem to find this in the original classified thread:

I know we all draft four times - two pitcher sets and two hitter sets. 

But out of that do we have to construct a 25 player roster selecting the players we want out of those four teams (two each for pitching and hitting) or is our whole roster the entire max of  50 players or so ? 

Then we must, at the end of each season, let go ONE of the sets right, so we can all draft again from a pool, keeping the other three ?

So, three questions in all really: 

1. How big are our final rosters.

2: and when we set them on Opening Day do we lose all the other players that were on those two sets of pitchers and two of hitters or do we actually have the ones that did not make the initial 25-player rosters as "AAA" ?

example, say I take the team A and C's pitching staffs and teams B and D's hitters - I take four starters from Team A and the bullpen from team C and take the IF from team B and outfield and bench from team D. 

What happens to the starting pitchers from C ? The outfielders from B ? Do they form part of my backup roster ? Or do I have to choose 25 players in all and the rest are in baseball Limbo ?

3. Are we using AAA ? If so, that seems unnecessary since we will all have these MLB players from our sets available, but that depends on the answers to Qs 1 and 2. 
4/9/2013 5:10 AM

1946 Brooklyn Dodgers Hitters

4/9/2013 5:24 AM
So ooooohdoggie, it will be Warren Spahn against Jackie Robinson, Johnny Sain vs. Carl Furillo ! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvufFwdqMzg
4/9/2013 8:17 AM
Here is a more serious video: Warren Spahn's 300th victory - it's amazing how many Hall of Famers were in that game !

And odd coincidence that Joe Torre and Don Zimmer, the braintrust of the great Yankees dynasty of the late 90s were on the field for it on opposite sides. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogt3DhNHyL0
4/9/2013 8:25 AM
my 2 picks;

'69 California Angels pitchers
'46 St. Louis Cardinals hitters
4/9/2013 9:05 AM
Posted by italyprof on 4/9/2013 5:10:00 AM (view original):
Sorry for a dumb question but I can't seem to find this in the original classified thread:

I know we all draft four times - two pitcher sets and two hitter sets. 

But out of that do we have to construct a 25 player roster selecting the players we want out of those four teams (two each for pitching and hitting) or is our whole roster the entire max of  50 players or so ? 

Then we must, at the end of each season, let go ONE of the sets right, so we can all draft again from a pool, keeping the other three ?

So, three questions in all really: 

1. How big are our final rosters.

2: and when we set them on Opening Day do we lose all the other players that were on those two sets of pitchers and two of hitters or do we actually have the ones that did not make the initial 25-player rosters as "AAA" ?

example, say I take the team A and C's pitching staffs and teams B and D's hitters - I take four starters from Team A and the bullpen from team C and take the IF from team B and outfield and bench from team D. 

What happens to the starting pitchers from C ? The outfielders from B ? Do they form part of my backup roster ? Or do I have to choose 25 players in all and the rest are in baseball Limbo ?

3. Are we using AAA ? If so, that seems unnecessary since we will all have these MLB players from our sets available, but that depends on the answers to Qs 1 and 2. 
1. and 3. Final rosters are 25 players, no AAA.

2. With this league you have to remember you are drafting TEAMS, not players. This season you use 25 players from your 4 teams. If you want 10 pitchers from your 2 Pitching teams and 15 hitters from your 2 hitting teams, that is fine. Next year you get 1 new team to replace the team you cut. Again, you can take any 25 players from your 4 teams. It doesn't have to be the same players as you took the first season. Maybe you had a monster season from Player A. Next year he is a dud. Then don't use him and take someone else to play in his spot.
4/9/2013 9:13 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
s-QUAD Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.