How is this even possible? Topic

Posted by yanks250125 on 4/9/2013 7:55:00 AM (view original):
I guess IQ means nothing then, where I have a significant advantage.  The rest of the categories where he has the advantage, it's minimal, and probably not even real, such as REB, LP, FT
IQ is not nearly as important as you, and many others, seem to think it is.  It is important, sure, but IQ disadvantages can be easily overcome in the right scenarios.
4/9/2013 1:41 PM
Well, he has a huge advantage in REB.   I think you got lucky there.

You probably shouldn't have put a guy with a 52 DEF on his best scorer either.
4/9/2013 1:43 PM
Effective overall ratings are off by what? 22? Before you even look at how those ratings break down, that seems like reasonable upset territory. Looking at starters, yours have an edge in ATH and DEF, but his aren't just horrendous. PER is pretty similar, you have better LP but not by a ridiculous amount, you probably have a slight edge in REB, and he has a meaningful speed advantage and destroys you in ball control. If he were running the press, I might've predicted an upset. With a zone, I'd have given you the edge, but an upset is not totally unreasonable. 
4/9/2013 2:16 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 4/9/2013 7:55:00 AM (view original):
I guess IQ means nothing then, where I have a significant advantage.  The rest of the categories where he has the advantage, it's minimal, and probably not even real, such as REB, LP, FT
IQ is fairly important. i dont agree that was like, a 60/40 game, but i do think it was in the 80/20 range, at best, 90/10. you are going to lose games like that, i think you are reading too much into it. 
4/9/2013 2:55 PM
I thought you definitely should've won but he just hit his 3s. It happens sometimes (especially when you press, sometimes you get kind of random sim's), and I actually liked the decision to play uptempo on paper, but it backfired with cleary getting into foul trouble (his fast and good PER guards didn't get into foul trouble), and then your decent bench getting outscored by double digits.
4/10/2013 12:47 AM
◂ Prev 12
How is this even possible? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.