How is this even possible? Topic

There are some fast guards with high perimeter on your opponent's team.   They aren't as bad as you think.  

Coupling that with the fact that your guards are below average defenders, you have upset written all over this game.
4/8/2013 8:41 AM
He hit threes.

And while Cleary wasn't in the game he out scored you 46-32.

4/8/2013 8:44 AM
I've made it to the final four in DIII with a similar team set-up. His team honestly is not as bad as you think they are.

By you both running up-tempo you fed into his high scoring offense and sometimes a +2 isn't enough against a high-scoring perimeter team.  With a team like that his goal was simply to out-offense you without as much of a concern for defense, and he managed to pull off a pretty solid upset by utilizing his team's strengths properly and exploiting his team's speed/stamina advantage.

4/8/2013 9:17 AM
Yeah, Cleary sucked.  4 points, 4 TO's and 5 fouls. 
4/8/2013 10:13 AM
teams that live and die by the 3 are very hard to push to low % chances of winning, for any team. they are going to win at least 5-10% of games against any d3 team, and your guards dont look particularly defense oriented (not bad by any means just doesnt strike me as great, although i havent played d3 in many years), so i dont think its terribly surprising. the other team, as others have said, is really not that bad. you clearly would win that game most of the time, but upsets happen, just have to chalk it up to that.

im not really sure why you'd run uptempo there, but im not sold that you both running uptempo really plays into the other teams strategy. to me the biggest thing is your starters are solid, but your backups are very beatable, dont think you did yourself a favor there (but i dont think it has as much to do with the other team, as with your own)
4/8/2013 11:35 AM
Poor Coaching
4/8/2013 11:46 AM
Love it!! another "My team got upset so the game must be broken" thread.

Keep these coming, you guys do wonders for my self esteem.
4/8/2013 12:13 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/8/2013 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Poor Coaching
That's quite obvious lol.  no wonder why i've won a ton of HD games but only 1 title, i consistently suck in the postseason
4/8/2013 7:27 PM
Looking at the teams, theonly things you have over his is ATH/DEF.  Im really surprised, you are so surprised.
4/8/2013 8:05 PM
I guess IQ means nothing then, where I have a significant advantage.  The rest of the categories where he has the advantage, it's minimal, and probably not even real, such as REB, LP, FT
4/9/2013 7:55 AM
Why do you think your team is so much better than his?  I think your team is better but best guess is that teams win's 40%+ of games against you.  

4/9/2013 9:47 AM
Why do you think your team is so much better than his?  I think your team is better but best guess is that teams win's 40%+ of games against you.  

4/9/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/9/2013 9:47:00 AM (view original):

This.  Also, he has a healthy speed advantage and you run the FCP.  And you really only have a couple good defensive players anyway.   You lost by 3 to a team who lit up your mediocre defense...I'd say that's just as likely as any other outcome happening.
4/9/2013 11:54 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 4/9/2013 7:55:00 AM (view original):
I guess IQ means nothing then, where I have a significant advantage.  The rest of the categories where he has the advantage, it's minimal, and probably not even real, such as REB, LP, FT

"Not even real?"

Its a fake advantage?

4/9/2013 1:29 PM
12 Next ▸
How is this even possible? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.